Sign in to follow this  
FeelixX26

S & S Knowledge

anybody have some knowledge on this company. i looked for an older post but could not find it...i thought someone had said they are now the S & S that makes motorcycle parts. what models did they make? i see two types of three bars. one curved and one strait bar. are there any others? are the frame and fork full chomoly? on finishes i see chrome or nickle and blue. those appear to be original. any other colors?

thanks you

mike

Mike, I have to go right now, but here's a couple scans. I might have more... not sure. Will search later.

these are both from the Jan 1981 issue of BMX Racer

S_SrainbowCruiser.Jan81BMXracer.jpg

S_SreplicaCruiser.BMXRacer81.jpg

I think I heard that Johnny "True-Torch" used to weld for them BITD. I don't know how to get ahold of him, but I'm sure someone here does?....he would have some info for you I'm sure....

All I know is....they built some badass 26'ers!!!

I am pretty sure Johnny has one of thos Works replicas that he brings to the shows. I know I have seen it a couple times and i'm pretty sure it was his. Killer bike in person.

S&S made headers. they were well known for air cooled VW headers/ mufflers.

400017.jpg

BMXA article on the S&S. :cool2:

wfo_2.jpgwfo_3.jpg

wfo_4.jpgwfo_5.jpg

Been meaning to post up this article on this thread for a while. I just had to dig it up.

High Zoot shit here Maynard! :lol:

Pete Loncarevich was an S&S factory team rider in 79'- early 80'.

John "WFO" Severing talked Pete's parents into letting him

take Pete to the BMX races a few years prior.

thank you all for the great info!!! i am diggin that works bike. sod that is a great article. honda cr250 bars and beveled brake pads!!!

mike

Anybody got any info on the 24" cruisers?

I've seen the mentions in the ad as above, but that is about it

Any info would be appreciated...

I spoke to one of the old guys at S&S a few years back when i was trying to get some info on mine. the guy I spoke said that they made the Laguna chromo frames and said that they bent tubing for many of the frame makers in California.

here are a couple that have had the black on it the way i got it with works replica decals.

P1030301.jpg

P1030355.jpg

I think S&S built Laguna cruisers. Could be full of beans.

John Severin got the highest airs out of the "Hole" at Chandler. (On a 20.)

If I can find one of the pics I will post it up.

- I have a hankering for a 20" - great thread!

On 6/27/2009 at 7:21 PM, FeelixX26 said:

anybody have some knowledge on this company. i looked for an older post but could not find it...i thought someone had said they are now the S & S that makes motorcycle parts. what models did they make? i see two types of three bars. one curved and one strait bar. are there any others? are the frame and fork full chomoly? on finishes i see chrome or nickle and blue. those appear to be original. any other colors?

thanks you

mike

Mike, 

Back in maybe 1983(?) I owned a s&s works replica 26” chrome that I bought from a small BMX shop here in Claremont, SoCal. As you can imagine BMX was huge in these parts at that time. Lots of works of art were being fabricated. I had mine done up in all blue annondized. It was fire as the kids like to say these days. I miss that bike every day, it was stolen and recovered twice, 3rd time not so lucky. 
it was 4130 and super light for a 26”. I remember the tubing being thinner than most. I would ride it in the dirt hills or my favorite was to take it to the famous ‘Pipeline’ skatepark a couple miles away in Upland CA. I never realized it in the day but I was living in the hey day of skaters and BMX. It just seemed normal to us all. I was in school with Chris Miller who shredded a combi pool like he was born to fly. I kind of sucked and was way to afraid to get crazy on  a 26” but I tried. I mostly liked flying around on it trying to get girls. Thanks for the flashback. This post is from forever ago, maybe you’ll see it or someone else... BTW, I’m 52 and still doing new custom builds...for myself!