Sign in to follow this  
greyboy

FANTASY FACTORY

whats with all the bitterness? :quit:

i love how others are whining and giving their opinions on how they think ROBS show should run. we were lucky enough that he asked us to bring the hack to his show and have some fun. grey and i brought up the idea of bringing other hack riders to get involved. we were looking out....now you come on here, talk shit and say the way you think it should of been done. for real?

the show wasn't intended to "showcase" hack racing....rob does what he wants, its his show. grey and i didn't have any say.

the point is....we're trying re-introduce hacks to the masses in a new context (they're not JUST for racing anymore). we're pushing forward the ENTIRE hack movement, to where everybody can benefit. :NoBS:

jcw....don't get it twisted. :fuel:

I still think it's pretty freakin' cool! Just to get some BMX ON TV is cool, 'hacks are cool and isn't it really all about having fun on bikes? I know I am, even though it may not be BMX bikes as much anymore. I think what Andy & Patrick are doing with 'Hacks is great, they are trying to get something going, kind of like how other's did in the beginning.

I am looking forward to checking out the show.

Carry on.

Wow! I guess Robin Williams was right when he said "You can please some of the people some of the time and piss the rest off!". Sure everyone has a their "ideal" when it come to certain aspects of BMX and they are entitled to their opinion. (just like me.) but when it comes to GB&TO on a hack I only know what I've seen with my own two eyes.

And what I've seen is a commitment like no other. To me they are the ambassadors of the hack resurgence! Be it racing, bowl & park riding or a full tilt down hill bomb run. I've seen them do it all and do it well. BMX has alway been about progression. Testing your limits pushing the envelope. Otherwise stagnation sets in and stagnation is a killer to any sport. Grey and Odd aren't the first and the won't be the last but I'll tell you this, when the history is read in some far off tomorrow your gonna find they're names because they are writing another chapter as we sit on our asses and bitch at each other. And you got to respect that, I know I do. :bravo:

Wow! I guess Robin Williams was right when he said "You can please some of the people some of the time and piss the rest off!". Sure everyone has a their "ideal" when it come to certain aspects of BMX and they are entitled to their opinion. (just like me.) but when it comes to GB&TO on a hack I only know what I've seen with my own two eyes.

And what I've seen is a commitment like no other. To me they are the ambassadors of the hack resurgence! Be it racing, bowl & park riding or a full tilt down hill bomb run. I've seen them do it all and do it well. BMX has alway been about progression. Testing your limits pushing the envelope. Otherwise stagnation sets in and stagnation is a killer to any sport. Grey and Odd aren't the first and the won't be the last but I'll tell you this, when the history is read in some far off tomorrow your gonna find they're names because they are writing another chapter as we sit on our asses and bitch at each other. And you got to respect that, I know I do. :bravo:

Sod, they are hack resurgence, without them, would there even be a hack resurgence??? I too love & respect what they have done, taking hacks where no one has before and into tomorrow.. The bit was about THEM and it should be as they not only stepped up to the plate, but in my eyes, have hit a home run.... There has not been so much buzz about hacks in 30 years until these two stepped up & opened everyones eyes.. Keep up the good work guys!!!

Edited by racerbvd

I think you are ALL right, I just was wondering if THEY are trying to get hacks into the X games, as they said, why not show racing also, that would have been cool too.

Maybe even have "The Red Baron " there, since he is "Side Hack", w/o him we wouldn't be even having this topic.

that said, i cant wait to see the bit, i heard there is some pretty cool crashes.

RV JAY

:yes: we are ALL on the SAME page! :yes:

BIG news on the hack front coming soon..... :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

w/o him we wouldn't be even having this topic.

No disrespect intended whatsoever, but I think for a lot of us it's:

"without them":

JP_DougieMediumZephyrJerseys.jpg

I guess it's all subjective.

for sure steve....we told rob that. :ThumbsUp:

we said the pioneers of sidehacks were JP and Doug. i told him my idol is doug....he kept saying his name after he heard it "takahashi, takahashi".

it was funny actually cause rob did his own homework on bmx sidehacks :writing:

for the first scene, i entered robs office, he was sitting at his desk with his computer on, and he had that super rad color pic of JP and Doug on his screen. he pointed at it and asked me if they were the ones who originated bmx sidehacks. i told him that they were the og dominators of the sport as members of the ricks bike shop team, led by rick twomey, godfather of bmx and basically the inventor of the bmx sidehack.

i also filled him in on the zephyr/ricks connection, and the fact that legend skater jay adams gives JP credit as the first person to rip a pool on a skateboard, as well as a bike :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

You boys should have a GBTO signature hack. Now that would be KOOL.

I can't believe anyone could say anything negative about the Hercules sidehack, it's use or the guys behind it. Face it, BMX is about pushing limits anywhere you can ride, on any bike. I'd rather see a hack in a bowl than a boring modern BMX track. A hack in a bowl is gnarly!

I can't believe anyone could say anything negative about the Hercules sidehack, it's use or the guys behind it. Face it, BMX is about pushing limits anywhere you can ride, on any bike. I'd rather see a hack in a bowl than a boring modern BMX track. A hack in a bowl is gnarly!

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Awesome man. I never miss an episode. I have the DVR set to record em all. That, Rob & Big, and ofcourse Nitro Circus.

look whos rockin a HERCULES sidehack :Cool_LikeThat:

Cool, can't wait to see it.....

Just got around to reading this topic!!!!!!

No one else super psyched about Grey trying to get downhill sidehack in the x-games?

Yo that is the best idea in a looong time. Shit I just wanna see a downhill bmx track period....somewher in socal of course. Downhill BMX is sorely missed!!!!!!!! I think some of the best competition and pics from bitd was on downhill tracks, truly gnarly..

Grey and Trulyodd.......rock on!!!

:15: :rawks:

The ol' Tivo is already que'd up! :cool2:

the sidehack episode will air on september 10th, enjoy! :Liv2ride: :rawks:

Cool, I have a test in toon on the 11th in GA so I will need to stay in on the 10th!!!!

You guys rule and have done alot to bring notice to OS-BMX with your Hacks!!! I can't wait to get mine!!!

I will be bugging you for build tips....

Cool deal for all involved. Can't wait to see it.

On Sunday, they announced at the track in Kettering Ohio they were trying to get some sidehacks for some races. Anyone want to donate one to me?

screen grab...

Fantasy.Grey.Truly.jpg