Sign in to follow this  
PlanetX

I totally dorked out today

I keep threatening to start racing again. I went to Orange last week and it looked pretty cool--not as bad as I feared--although I think I may have to race Stu.

Anyway, I really want to do it old school, even it I'm the only one doing it that way. I wanted to have the bike and all the gear.

BITD I never had all the gear, but always dreamed of getting the full Torker kit. I had the bike and the Max leathers and painted my Pro-Tec black and yellow (the wrong shade).

I always liked the gear as much as the bikes and parts, so when I started collecting, I decided to try to piece together a full kit to race in. All I really have now are the leathers (thanks Carbizguy), but my painting and "fabricating" skills have improved a lot since I was 12, so now I can make my own shit.

Today I finally found a long-sleeve T in the right shade of yellow, so I quickly made this jersey using those iron-on, ink-jet transfers you buy at Office Depot. (I did all the vector work, of course.) They work pretty well, considering. Only problem with the jersey is the store had only one size--small. It fits okay, but I'd prefer a tad more room to hide my gut and slightly longer sleeves.

The helmet also is "fake." It's a real Electro from the era, but I painted it myself and made the stickers with Blikum's help. Visor and Jofa are real, of course.

The Vans are my new customs.

Just need some JT gloves and some Oakley goggles and I'm set. And a real jersey.

Plan to do my first race in Sept. on the black Torker I got from Broke345. It should be here soon.

Okay, here I am. As embarrassing as it is. . .

MeAsTorkerDorkNo.1XSM.jpg

I think it's cool to want to race in Old Skool gear. Have fun and maybe more people will follow your lead at the track!

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Super cool ....yeah you were dorkin out pretty hard, but its still dorkin out in a pretty cool way, around here anyway.

I wanna see you all decked out lining up next to the Newschool guys.

Good luck on that race against Stu, that should be pretty cool right?

Will

Awesome work. That jersey is killer!

You only look like a dork in the eyes of a square! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

I'm diggin that jersey...it looooks coool! :ThumbsUp:

Nice....real nice. Yep...you were right! You look like a dork.

Stu is gonna kick your ass....you know that, right?...... :whistling:

Looking good michael.....but a small jersey?.....thats been since I was 10 since I pulled one over my head that small!

Does your wife know you did that?.....I guess its better than her seeing you in her panties again, huh?

:ROTFLMAO:

I think its cool.

Still want to hire you to mock me up some Factory Powerlite jersey/t shirt things that I can wear to the next show without ruining my OG ones.

I would suggest taking some action shots though, jamming around the track.

Probably, I am gonna feel nerdy, but in a good way.

:ThumbsUp:

A.G.

If it was me, I would start working on the start. Just rip them out of the gate...Let the freak set in. Big advantage.

Tomorrow night at the Orange Y....I'll make sure I have my camera!

Ditto on the Powerlite jersey! I would love to have one!

Dorky?

Hell Nooooo! Cool as hell? Awwww Ye-uh!

If you can do that good of work and use the iron-ons from Office Depot....you should be getting PLENTY of requests from this site! I know I'm thinking of some right now! (Anybody got a copy of that Farrah Fawcett poster from the 70's????)

Thanks guys,

Wish I could make it tomorrow night, but I'm headed to Ohio late tonight on a red-eye. Maaaaaaybe next week, but we'll see if my bike is here. I doubt it.

I'd love some action shots. I don't really have any good ones from BITD. If we shoot them right, I can pretend they are old. Gotta practice now.

Thanks guys,

Wish I could make it tomorrow night, but I'm headed to Ohio late tonight on a red-eye. Maaaaaaybe next week, but we'll see if my bike is here. I doubt it.

I'd love some action shots. I don't really have any good ones from BITD. If we shoot them right, I can pretend they are old. Gotta practice now.

Come any time you can make it. It was nice that you showed up the other night. We had a good time hangin....We'll be there on Wed. and Fri. for sure!

Looks great Michael!!!

i LOVE that bike michael! and those vans are badass! Good for you that your going to get out there and go for it!

Sorry for being a post hog.....but here is proof you don't need a jersey to look cool!

ebay809_133.jpg

You could pull this off....I know it!

:Cool_LikeThat:

I dig the old gear but don't race with an open face! I would love to find a pro-tec with the crazy lacross(sp?) cage face...

Sorry for being a post hog.....but here is proof you don't need a jersey to look cool!

ebay809_133.jpg

You could pull this off....I know it!

:Cool_LikeThat:

LOL

I dig the old gear but don't race with an open face! I would love to find a pro-tec with the crazy lacross(sp?) cage face...

I have this, too. It's a Bell though, not the correct Electro. Still, I'm pretty sure I'll use it instead. But this was good for this photo.

I also have an Echo full-face, but it's all black and a mid-school Anvil, but it's a bit modern. I'm no gonna be getting huge air anyway.

BellHelmetpainting_42.JPG

I know this is not really on the subject but I don't know why anyone would race with an open face helmet? All it takes is one slip of the chain. Hope you make G's event this weekend!