Sign in to follow this  
quinonesm

Two of my latest builds

Here is my RL20II, built up as an RL Osborn tribute. It started with the F/F of one the most popular freestyle bikes from BITD, which I purchased (from Hboost) already powdered and with decals applied. I set out to accumulate parts to best mimic the famous photo of RL stylin' in front of the arc de triomphe paris, France. When this F/F came up for sale I immediately had ideas running through my head as to how to build this up. I'm happy to say that I pretty much accomplished what my mind saw at that moment.

I owned an original all turquoise RL-20II BITD which I truly loved. That bike fit my stature to a T! It was probably a result of seeing the photo of RL in Paris on this bike that I had to have one. I loved Redlines and this one with the 5" head tube, ideal geometry, wrap around double top tubes and smooth looking built in frame standers at the chain stays, was perfection to me!

So here it is (feedback welcome and appreciated):

GQ8K4357.jpg

GQ8K4333.jpg

GQ8K4343-1.jpg

GQ8K4352.jpg

GQ8K4375-1.jpg

GQ8K4377-1.jpg

GQ8K4379-1.jpg

GQ8K4383-1.jpg

GQ8K4388.jpg

GQ8K4402-2.jpg

Forgot to add the other bike:

This one is my rider RL22

GQ8K4430.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Marcus

Edited by quinonesm
  • Like 1

Sweet Jeebus. I'd say you nailed it on this one Marcus. The Redline white/black/grey/red combo has to be one of the sharpest and best looking schemes in the history of bmx. It's weird how seeing a certain combination of colors arranged in a certain way can shake memories from 20 years ago and make it feel like it all happened yesterday.

Super Clean!!!! love it

Wow! Thats a great build! Both are superb.

Man that is sweet! You don't see grey for the peregrine wheels everyday. VERY NICE!

Very well done-love the colors. ...and it was great meeting you at Summer Slam.

Scott

I saw these at Summer Slam! Pics do not do either of them justice! Nice builds!!! I love the grey Peregrines!

Great Job!!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys! I love the way they came out and the chrome one rides so sweet! The silver/grey peregrines were a must for me as soon as I began planning this one, but I knew it would be hella hard to find. For some reason, I've been attached to the grey mags ever since running them on my all turquoise RL from BITD. They didn't even match, but I thought they were cool and knew they would match perfectly on the white one.

MLQatPipeline.jpg

I must say that making connections with you guys that share in the love of this sport/hobby, make it all worth while and also helps to find those "rare" parts when you need them! Scott, it was a pleasure meeting you at Summer Slam too! OSPK, thanks, I too don't think the photos do them justice, especially the white one. Oh, btw bandit, the pro rotor works surprisingly smooth. I may even get one for the chrome one since everyone that rides it thinks it has a rotor/gyro and ends up kinking my linear cable by spinning the bars (tailwhips, decades)!

Here's the image that started my love of the RL20II's from BITD!

RedlineRL22inParis-1.jpg

I'm going to try my best to mimic this photo by posing with the same trick in front of the Arc in Washington Sq. Park, here in NYC! Juan, you beat me to it with that Mike buff replica you built (beautifully done, BTW) and matching photo of the Endo! I had the same idea to take a photo to match this one that has been seared into my brain from constantly staring at it.

Marcus

Edited by quinonesm

Very cool build, beautiful color ways and as mentioned red, black, white and grey saweet color ways!

beautifully done, I like the white one the best nice job!

Marcus. These bikes are so incredible.

The RL tribute is a total classic. and the grey Peregrine mags just really set it apart from any others I've seen.

Your chrome rider is incredible. You really know how to dial in a bike.

I wish I had a bit more time to take it for a spin :) Thanks for letting me tool around for a second at summer slam.

We should definitely get together soon. :)

Marcus, that is one sweet white redline rl 20II.

the two redlines you got are awesome...

I bet you dont take that bike around in NYC by yourself...

BITD did you ride your redline at the pool pipes in california?

i saw a pic of you with eddie fiola, did you get some serious air??

Edited by estados

AMAZING ! ! ! That white Jawn is NUTS ! both are very nice but I can't stop looking the white 85

Very classy looking builds Marcus

Hope to see them soon

Brian

Thanks for the kind words guys!!!

Matt - definitely want to get together and I will be attending the Philly ride too. Lou - I was lucky enough to ride the Pipeline back in the summer of 85, but big air I did NOT get! LOL! The bowl was entirely intimidating! I ruled my local half pipe, but that was a different beast all together! like 5 feet of vert alone. after the 2nd day I finally got "out" with about 1 (one) foot of air over the wall (not the fence!). LOL. I did get to meet and ride it with Eddie Fiola there and that was too cool! Brian, thanks for the props man! I'm glad you like. :) If I ever make it down to check out your sick collection, I'll bring the white one with! Thank you too Matt!

Definitely we gotta hang soon

Brian