Sign in to follow this  
I am the owl...

"Trashcan" Morgan

Whatever happened to him? Anyone know? Anyone have cool pix of him? I became obsessed by him as a kid, from my old Kuwie poster with him doin the one hander, no footer. Pix... stories?

Not sure where he ended up at, but His one hander-one footer image was printed on millions of Huggies or Pampers diapers

Not sure where he ended up at, but His one hander-one footer image was printed on millions of Huggies or Pampers diapers
Wade Nomura invented Huggies and Pampers....

Nah Wade invented diapers, huggies and pampers are the knock off versions.

Nomura branded diapers cost 10 times more!!

:lol:

Rad pic!

Nah Wade invented diapers, huggies and pampers are the knock off versions. Nomura branded diapers cost 10 times more!! :lol:
:lol: good point

Correction. The picture that was imprinted on the diapers was the first one posted above

trashcan1.jpg

Bob "Oz" Osborn went after the company on copyright infringement and won

Sadly enough, many of us will probably be looking for the BMX imprinted Depends in a few years...:)

That was one of my favorite pics! (the one where he is jumpimg in front of the 3 guys) I always wondered how the heck he could ride with those big hiking boots! You can se they only got hung up on the front tire.......

Correction. The picture that was imprinted on the diapers was the first one posted above

trashcan1.jpg

Bob "Oz" Osborn went after the company on copyright infringement and won

Sadly enough, many of us will probably be looking for the BMX imprinted Depends in a few years...:)

man that company that made those diapers was a little ahead of its time huh? whos got a bmx diaper from bitd...? :lol:

it is sad cause it wasnt that long ago.....

that is really cool though in a funny way about the diapers.

Looks like he loved opc!

Great Style!

How many of us had to have Z Rims after seeing those pics in BMXA? That cat defined Rad.....

How many of us had to have Z Rims after seeing those pics in BMXA? That cat defined Rad.....

I destroyed a rear Z-Rim and my buddy Mike broke an Addicks stem the day he got it.

Not taking anything away from the guy, but nearly everyone I rode with was a better Trash Can. :P

I destroyed a rear Z-Rim and my buddy Mike broke an Addicks stem the day he got it.

Not taking anything away from the guy, but nearly everyone I rode with was a better Trash Can. :P

How do you figure?

How do you figure?

They were products deemed unbreakable by him in the BMX mags back then. Ever seen the pic of him with the folded Z rim that popped back up?

Whatever mag sold my buddy on the Addicks said something about the material they used being like deciding to use a VW or a tank to smash a Dixie cup. Trash Can dubbed it unbreakable, a 13 year old kid broke it doing 4 foot drop offs on an apartment complex landscape wall.

How do you figure?

They were products deemed unbreakable by him in the BMX mags back then. Ever seen the pic of him with the folded Z rim that popped back up?

Whatever mag sold my buddy on the Addicks said something about the material they used being like deciding to use a VW or a tank to smash a Dixie cup. Trash Can dubbed it unbreakable, a 13 year old kid broke it doing 4 foot drop offs on an apartment complex landscape wall.

Im guessin he knew how to ride, and land better than a 13/ 14 year old tho...

Oh, so he got the nickname Trash Can because he didn't break parts... That makes sense.

Had to bump this purely for Trashcan's radness factor. I would love to know more about this dude. That photo of him jumping in front of the three guys has been burned into my mind since the first time I saw it. 

Great bump. I loved seeing that guy in photos... that was extremely rad stuff back then (still is in my mind.)

Anybody know what ever happened to him, where he is, what he's doing now?

my friend was factory Kuwahara bitd and still is. he said Trash can was very weird and not really part of the team if i recall our conversation correctly 

• Like 1

Most of the photos look like he's going to land crazy hard. That is, if he even landed them. And those boots!

On 8/27/2009 at 11:23 PM, cw said:

trashcan1.jpg

On a whim, I googled "bmx trash can morgan" and this forum popped up. I used to ride bmx back in the early 80's and remember this shot like it was yesterday. I lived in Redondo Beach but the spot we all wanted to ride was Entradero park in Torrance. I'm pretty sure this was shot there, on the first hip after rounding the first berm.

I also remember watching him set up a ramp in the parking lot of an elementary school and actually jumping trash cans. Great memories!

2 minutes ago, 4nthony said:

On a whim, I googled "bmx trash can morgan" and this forum popped up. I used to ride bmx back in the early 80's and remember this shot like it was yesterday. I lived in Redondo Beach but the spot we all wanted to ride was Entradero park in Torrance. I'm pretty sure this was shot there, on the first hip after rounding the first berm.

I also remember watching him set up a ramp in the parking lot of an elementary school and actually jumping trash cans. Great memories!

Wait, what? You saw him ride in person?

1 minute ago, larsvegas43 said:

Wait, what? You saw him ride in person?

Yeah. My guess is it was around 1981 or 82 because I started high school in 83 and at that point my focus shifted to surfing and skating. I didn't ride much after that.

I kinda feel like it was in the front parking lot of a local school, and there were maybe 10 kids hanging around watching. I just remember a ramp with the cans lined up and he was jumping to a flat landing. 

• Like 1