Sign in to follow this  
TrulyOdd

BMX Sidehacks on MTV's Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory!

i just wanted to let people know that this thursday (sept. 10th) Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory on MTV will be airing our episode about BMX Sidehacks. i think it's on at 9pm west coast time.
Fantasy.Grey.Truly.jpg

we brought one of our HERCULES hacks up to him and ripped up the factory....rob called up dave mirra and we went out to the park and got them to try doing some grinds, etc... Check it out...it was pretty wild.

Rob really like the whole idea of sidehacks....we're actually starting a Sidehack company together. Sidehacks will be in-stores real soon. you can see the details on the episode.....more to come!!!

here's a few pics (borrowed from other threads)...one of rob, dj drama, me and greyboy on the first day of shooting.
16179747.jpg

(L-R) Francis Dela Pena, Jim Bauer, Keith Mulligan, Fuzzy Hall, Truly OdD, Greyboy, Rob Dyrdek, and Dave Mirra. (all of us on our HERCULES sidehacks)
image1.jpg

tags: sidehack, bmx sidehack, impakt sidehack, side hack

I saw some of his show the other day and they had them in a skate park trying to ride them.

You mean like these two knuckleheads! :lol:

GB17.JPGGB23.JPG

GB25.JPGGB36.JPG

besides they don't try they DO ride them in skate parks! :cool2:

can't wait to see it! :)

Cool, comes on tonight!!!!!! Waiting :bravo:

its on tonight!!!

killer pics sod! :yes: (you took them right?) some great memories of that day!!

way cool, just saw it-do you know where the test market is going to be?

RD's gotta be one of the funniest dudes I've seen-love that show.

that Impakt sidehack looks pretty sweet. Show us some more sneak peeks, Truly!

did he really say walmart is picking the line up? the show was rad and people will now know sidehacks a little more. i soooooo can't wait, i am getting mine finished up this month. hopefully will have it by the end of this month!!

That turned out super nice, def hyped it up for the kids! you should have Rob hookup a Rouge Status collab sidehack! :NoBS:

Fun stuff. I made my wife watch the first 20 minutes of Joe Kid, then at 9 switched it over the the show. Even though I knew half the people on the show, she got bored and left the room before the hacks came out. Great footage at the park.

And yeah, which 10 stores are going to carry them?

its on tonight!!!

killer pics sod! :yes: (you took them right?) some great memories of that day!!

great TV right there! I can't believe Rob and his cousin nosed you out in the first moto and crashed you! BAAA! J/K And Yea those pics I posted were mine. I think I sent full size copies to Grey. :cool2: :cool2: = TOO COOL!!

I had to work so I didn't see it, but the full episode is up on alt.binaries.multimedia

I can also throw it up on a share site if anybody needs it.

UPDATE: I'm uploading the episode to a share site now. Rather than posting a link for the general public... Premier Members can PM me for a link. The file is a 200mb AVI file.

thanks alot everybody! IMPAKT sidehacks will be available on WAL-MART online and inside 10 different test marketing stores that have yet to be announced, but i willl def let you guys know when i get the word! :thanks: if they sell well in the 10 stores, then they will go into 100 more, and so on...we shall see!!! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

http://www.impaktbicycles.com/

Wal Mart? Did you guys even consider trying to sell them at bike shops?

If they can build a market, people will want the better hacks that they can sell through shops is the way I see it. Kinda reverse marketing, use a gorilla to get the interest built for a whole new group..

Here is a link to the show, pass it around, I am...

http://www.mtv.com/videos/rob-dyrdeks-fant.../playlist.jhtml

These guys have been trying to generate interest in sidehacks for 3 or 4 years now in earnest and as a manufacturer as well... they had the Hercules made with a US manufacturer (based on the Sunday frame). Sweet but expensive to make and even more so when it gets to a retail price point. In the current economy... people are understandably skittish about new endeavors that are out side the box and require a substantial investment. That goes for distributors, bike shop retailers and the consumer.

Enter Mr. Dyrdek. He makes things happen. Suppose Rob says to you... "let's make this dream of getting people on sidehacks a reality. Let's do it at a price point that makes it REALLY viable and put them in stores that are in pretty much every community."

Very few will turn such a proposition down.

Truly, Grey, Rob.... stack chips, Bredren. :StackinChips:

Let the whole fuckin' world know. Impakt will be so affordable, and of a quality that is beyond "decent" as I understand it. It'll be a no brainer to get one for people who just want to have some fun and dabble in radness. For people who want something more dialed... there'll still be Hercules. Impakt will definitely give these guys some space and resources to make things happen with the high end line. Not only that... it should demonstrate that interest in hacks is there, and then snowball the existing momentum into something even bigger. Maybe we'll see sidehack park shredding in the x-games and on Dew tour within 5 years. Crazy super-hack down hill courses popping up for racing. Who knows?

I'm really glad you guys are on the cusp of something potentially big here! Great exposure, it really makes all those late nights, cutting, welding, bleeding, swearing, redoing...all worthwhile. What is great about all this is that it started with you guys just wanting to revive hacks (bored bmx'ers=cool sh!t sometimes). I was a little hesitant about Dyrdek's immediate huddle with his manager to make money off it, like it is his baby now or something. Probably (hopefully) scripted for TV like that. He is a corporate kid, always looking for an avenue to generate cash which he is very bright in that regard. If it takes off, I'm hoping you guys get your dues! Now, the Wal Mart aspect of this.....The prototypes are based on high quality parts and frames. Are you guys going to be able to monitor the development? I'm sure my local WM won't be one of the 10, but I will pick one up online for my girls online when they become available!

You gotta keep in mind that Grey and Dyrdek go WAY back. They had a music label together years ago.

Rob runs the "Fantasy Factory". The factory where fantasies are made... he literally makes dreams pop off. :break:

If you guys really want to help them out, go ahead & fill out the form to be contacted when they come out. I have already done it & posted it on one of the VW sites where other BMXers hand out along the the link to FF..

Lets make this happen...