Sign in to follow this  
TURBOSCHILZ

DECADE PRO/DYNO SERIAL NUMBERS????

Alright fellas, I'm an old school dude, but a newbe to this site pretty much, I have two bikes that I need help identifying... First off, I have what was told to me as an 88 Mongoose Decade Pro, pink and chrome, all original, but looks to be more like an 87 to me due to the crank sprocket, anyways, serial number is M7-A1914... The other one is just a pure chrome Dyno, all stickers removed, looks to be a Compe or Detour, but I was always more of a Redline guy than a Dyno guy, the serial is SY5G0745... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks...

the M-7 designation on the mongoose would tell me a build year of 87, possibly a 88 model though?

not sure on the dyno, possibly as newer school bike? get some pics...

and welcome to OS-BMX

I really don't have any new pics, here are some pics of the Dyno before I restored it, it is now done with new Tuff II's and re-polished, but should show you most that you'd need I would think... And here is the only two pics that I have of the Decade Pro, pretty crappy pics, but you can kinda see it, I'm am currently stripping the blue that some ass painted over the pink so it's kinda in pieces right now...lol

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

with that serial #, seat, stem, bars and forks.... im thinking 95 on the dyno

Assuming that most of the parts on the Dyno are stock -- 95-ish.

Okay, I figured it was mid school somewhere... Anyone have any idea where to get reproduction decals for old school bikes like these?... I also have an 86 Cool Streak that could use some new decals... Thanks again guys... You ROCK...

Thanks, just picked up that old bastard for $75, not bad considering the age and options, all pro class stuff, love it...lol

Post a pic.  Would be able to get a better gauge to narrow down the year. 

Can anyone help I came across two bitchen bike in swhich I'm restoring 1) is a Robinson with the serial numbers (P)04920942

2) Dyno SY6J000396

I go back and forth between sites trying to figure out how to decide an can't seem to figure out,if ya'll could give it a shot or explain it would be much appreciated. Not trying to throw wrong (pads/decals) on em. Thank you for your time

The serial number doesn't mean shit without knowing what make and model you have. We don't read minds.

21 hours ago, dynosBmine said:

I was wondering if you guys could help me figure out what year my bike is serial number is s7ay04504

post a couple pics.  you can't tell by the serial #.

Hey guys,I was looking up a bike I came across trying to find out more about it. So far I know it’s a 6speed Dyno Blast  I would like to know the year of it. I’m pretty sure all the parts are OG to the bike and the serial number is ACD4F0704. Thanks guys

again, you'll need to post pics to confirm.