Sign in to follow this  
spike

New rider

I'm getting ready to go out on the KISS US/Canada tour and I wanted to build a bike I could hang in the truck or throw in the bay of the bus just to have something to ride around on so I threw this in the back of one of the trucks today heading for Detroit, the first show of the tour.

SSCN6883.JPG

I don't know what year this is, I think the serial number starts with K. This is basically a throw away bike, hopefully it'll last thru the whole tour but ya never know what might happen to it, stolen, wrecked, whatever. Thanks to Reilley for the frame/forks. Everything else is my standard way of building a rider, welded handlebrs and seat guts. The 7b's were basically unrideable, you should have seen how BAD they were, but a few hours of beating them with a mallet and bending the sides out with a cresent wrench, they are rideable with some visable flatspots. Built the rear wheel last night and both wheels are made with 105 spokes with a Shimano MX front hub and a Bendix rear hub. The seat is angled the way it is because it has springs and when I sit on it levels out a bit, I like to ride on the back side of the seat anyway. The frame and forks had a bit of surface rust but steel wool took care of that, the stickers were trashed so I just scrapped them off. I just hope I don't end up doing something stupid and getting hurt but at least I have something to ride around the arenas and on days off.........maybe I'll run into some folks. I'm kinda looking forward to maybe riding around NYC after loadout at the Garden.

Edited by spike

Probably get another 1/2" outta that post.....Well maybe not, it may fall out...... :lol: Just kiddin there Spike..I know how ya like to wheely those things.....Have fun on your VERY NICE (for a disposable) rider :rawks:

have a blast on the tour Spike.

my balls hurt looking at that seat post, but I'm a short ass! :) love the build, if you're gonna throw that away, you can throw that front hub over here.

nice looking rider. i like how you do the welded bars...and the wheel set looks hot.

maybe throw some tour passes/etc. on there and make a custom "kiss" decal set!

my balls hurt looking at that seat post

:lol:

sorry Spike have a great time the bike looks great and as stated above we all know how you like your rigs set up :ThumbsUp:

No worries...I'm building them for me to ride, the key word...RIDE! At my age, I need my knees more than my balls....

Edited by spike

HA! saw your boss on the KTLA morning news today (in full get up of course) with the rest of the lads hawking the tour. have fun out there kid! :lol:

:rocknroll: "Got to ride your bike in Detroit! Rock city!!"

No worries...I'm building them for me to ride, the key word...RIDE! At my age, I need my knees more than my balls....

:ROTFLMAO:

that's funny,just ribbing you. Have a great tour.

SSCN6896.JPG

At the Westin Hotel in Detroit. Been riding it back and forth to Cobo Hall and around the gig.

SSCN6898.JPG

yo ! what up spikey ? gave up on that other frame huh ? how is this one compared to the other ? have a good tour buddy . was cool hangin with ya at my house . penny and pepper say hey . or woof !

Good stuff spike. Have fun on the tour. Hope you get some great stagehands on the way. Make sure you take some bike shots around the venue, and the site's like you did last tour. That was some good stuff. Good to see production at other venues besides the 3 I always see.

Sweet. An '81 raw "Rat-Goose" for the road... What could be cooler? I dig it Mike! Detroit, Rock City! "First I drink, then I smoke..."

GS has that tongue and you got those exercycle seat posts. Ha!

we have to hook up dec 4th in austin texas.there are some sick trails to ride in the area.

Rock-on Spike! Get a pic. of Gene in full gear with it and send me one of those shirts! :whistling:

Haliburton suitcase?

Must be pretty cool to hear Detroit Rock City there in Detroit.

SSCN6908.JPG

In the Gene's lair, Cobo Hall, Sept. 24.

SSCN6933.JPG

Yeah Steve, been rockin' a Haliburton for about 20yrs, been thru a few of them but at least it's easy to find my suitcase at the airport.

SSCN6908.JPG

In the Gene's lair, Cobo Hall, Sept. 24.

SSCN6933.JPG

Yeah Steve, been rockin' a Haliburton for about 20yrs, been thru a few of them but at least it's easy to find my suitcase at the airport.

BMX and Rock n Roll...........Freakin awesome!

Hey spike, a guy named Jimmy (I believe thats his name, Ill get confirmation tomorrow) who was in my building today doing the Miley Cyrus pre rig said he was on the last Kiss tour with you, and knows you by your screen name, called it before I did. He said he was part of the rigging crew for that tour.

I only say this, because when the first rigging truck pulled down the ramp, their was a 93 20" Redline ratchet strapped to the top of the burlap case. Thats when I mentioned to him that thats cool he brought a bmx bike on tour with, a guy I know who tours with kiss as Gene's bass tech did the same thing with a old school ride. I took pics with my phone, but will post them tomorrow.

you wanted the best . you got the best . the tallest bike in the world .....SPIKE ! ... :rocknroll:

SSCN6960.JPG

Cobo Hall Detroit.

SSCN6966.JPG

The calm before the show...Buckcherry are opening the tour

SSCN6963.JPG

Cartoons come alive.

SSCN6967.JPG

De-fuckin-troit Rock City.

The concert pics are cool but what happened to the Goose Mike?

I was digging the "Travelocity Gnome" vibe you had going on with your "New Ride"... Keep it up man.

How about a "Hello Cleveland!!!" pic of you tomorrow on that Rat-Goose!

Where is Spike's bike today........

SSCN6973.JPG

Still in Detroit...

SSCN6972.JPG

SSCN6971.JPG

Onstage on the band lift.