Sign in to follow this  
pwh4130

Philly Ride Wrap Up 2009

Well, I figured I might as well start this thread. I had a great time. Endo's Quad freestyle was the looker of the day. The 78 Powerlite cruiser was the highlight for me as I have never seen one in real life before. There were a couple of Thrusters that were my personal favorites as well as a Rebel that was awesome to see.

Riding wise it was a good day. No injuries this year, got some shredding in. We loosely organized the Philly downhill race on the Rocky stairs at the art museum and it was fun. Good wall ride, flat and cruising sessions. Everybody was cool and fun to be with. Thanks to all who showed up and made it a great day. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Man............sounds like it was a great time............I am sooooo upset I missed this. My game went to overtime and I didn't get off campus until well after 10 PM. Can't wait to see more pics............and Brian, that Quad looks so much better built up than it did sitting in the mud room at your house.

Awesome build!!!

So I forgot my camera yesterday, but I shot a bunch of video clips with my iPhone:

You can see more by clicking on more videos from quinonesm...

I also took a few pics with the phone which I'll post a little later.

So here are a few photos...

Smokin's boombox:

IMG_0680.jpg

His sick Quad freestyler:

IMG_0681.jpg

Brian sure knows how to build em!

IMG_0682.jpg

My buddy Tony at the Korean War memorial:

IMG_0684.jpg

Me by the same memorial:

IMG_0687.jpg

This was an incredible memorial!

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0697.jpg

Tony again:

IMG_0699.jpg

Love Park (we got booted by the fuzz here)

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

The image from the top of the steps where Rocky ran up

IMG_0768.jpg

Matt doing his thing:

IMG_0769.jpg

The Rocky statue

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

The feeding frenzy after a day of riding at Jim's Steaks - Philly Cheese steaks for everyone!

IMG_0775.jpg

and then my phone battery died! :Sure:

Edited by quinonesm

Yo marcus, awesome videos you shot..

I like your favorite's in you tube.

Especially Selena Spice booty shaking vids. :ThumbsUp:

I like your favorite female booty shaking vids, Anell's, :30: mary ann, :nana: and the rest booty vids.

:)

I can hear the 2 live crew music blasting to those videos...

:break:

Edited by estados

Yo marcus, awesome videos you shot..

I like your favorite's in you tube.

Especially Selena Spice booty shaking vids. :ThumbsUp:

I like your favorite female booty shaking vids, Anell's, :30: mary ann, :nana: and the rest booty vids.

:break:

Haha! That's not supposed to be viewable to everyone! :P

Don't let the Misses catch you!

I`m really digging Brian`s Quad[ AKA smokinin endo] glad I could be a part of the build. We,[the mrs and I were trying to go to this year,but finances would not allow it ]but next year were in, a candy red Judge will be rolling in Philly

allthough Brians Quad allready has a name.......jungle bike,Gary K built one in 85,yellow with green

Brian's quad was SICK.....

what a great time we had going down. Joann and i rolled into the parking lot and i was blown away by the amount of people there. shortly after saying hellos we were off, about 10 minutes (if that) into the ride we were stopped due to several bike issues. once the repairs were performed we were off.

i felt like it was the 90's again riding in the NYC street sessions from BITD

we hit a wachovia bank and rode a slanted wall for a while, went to the courthouse and the guys were doing some flat and getting a nice crowd watching. we rode over to a park were we got kicked out of.... then off the the museum and the ROCKY stairs.... after hanging there a few of us raced down the stairs on our bikes.

we hit a bar, saw van homens shop and went onto south street for some grub and drinks.

around 8 or so i left the posse to get checked into our hotel, left joann there, hopped back on the hollywood and went out for a night of chillaxing.....

good times all around!

Unreal guys--Looks like an incredible day in Philly! I wish I had been there too. Hopefully next year I'll be able to make it down for this. Those pics are mind blowin'--so many bikes and riders--too cool!!

Looks like fun. Hopefully I can finally make it down to Philly next year.

Here's what I was doing all weekend, I placed 4th in the B-main at the vintage r/c off road nationals. Not bad for a car I've never driven before and didn't have time to properly tune and the fact that I do this once a year. I'm the blue VW with the white roof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH-wZAmvMLs

WOW.... Great pics So far!!!!!

(Thanks to everyone who shot tons of Pics / Videos)

I'm still overwhelmed and recovering from the awesome time this weekend. My body aches all over, and I'm still a little cloudy after Saturday night's partying. But it was all part of the fun. :):):):):):):):):)

THANKS to EVERYBODY who came out... Seriously - I was telling some of you that I wasn't sure if it was gonna happen again this year... and decided... What the hay... Even if 10 people showed up, We'd still have fun. This year's ride went better than I even imagined. Somehow it was bigger than last year, which I never thought we'd top. Rolling over 70 people deep. Major Props to the Weather for being ABSOLUTE PERFECTION. I am reserving this weekend for ever for the Philly Ride.

I'll get into a re-cap, and some pics later when I get them off my camera. I want to that Brian (Smokin Endo) , and Megan for being my support system. And everyone who donated and chipped-in for shirts and to support the event - THANK YOU BIG TIME. Some of you (most of you) were WAY too generous. and We REALLY appreciate it. We will be printing more shirts for those of you who came and didn't get one.

It was so great to meet all of the people I hadn't before... New faces, new friends..., people I haven't seen since the last ride.... and some old buddies I don't get to see very often, and some of my best friends. What a great mix of personalities, bikes, and adventures..

Highlights were definitely the City Hall flatland / street sessions, and the scenery on the art museum steps.

We have a video of the race down the steps too. I'll be posting that up later. :)

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

My pics will be up soon, but check out this pic of Brett (pwh4130) killing the race down the rocky steps!

and a short VIDEO of the race down the stairs too :)

steps_race2.jpg

some shots of me during the wall-ride session.... i brought my hollywood out for the ride....

wall manual, photo by smokin

3941820856_25dd9e76f1_b.jpg

wall ride, unknown photographer

Picture667.jpg

wife and i.... photo by mrs chromey, britts camera

3941098715_fd47d2675b_b_1.jpg

What a killer turn out.

Thanks for the pics....riding down those stairs is my favorite.

Wow killer picture's looks like a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW What an awesome DAY ! Everyone seemed to have a blast and with little or no problems at all ! I really enjoyed this one...great group to enjoy a weekend of bmx'n with :) Bret thanks for the kind words I'm really glad you all enjoyed the Boombox and the Quad build. I haven't had much spare time for the computer and yesterday I spent the entire day trying to get the pictures uploaded (computer is moving at snail speed) then last night when I saw this and went to reply it shut down on me for like the fifth time and I just went to bed

Anyway it was a great time and my knee is finally getting back to normal LOL I'd love to have one more group ride before the weather changes but we'll have to see if time will allow it with the holidays and stuff it's hard

Here is a link to my flickr page...I still have a bunch of editing to do and don't know when I'll have much time but I will work on it asap

pix

Here's a pic Freedo the kid posted - I think his dad took the pic - somehow he got that Huge Powerlite up the steps before all of us when we ran into the train detour.

Very cool photo. One of my favorite of the day.

DSC_0472.jpg

And some more awesome shots from Brian's Camera - Some of the people pics were taken by Megan. You both have some serious Photo skills. :)

Do these people look happy or what!

3941093411_ed7d527e40_b.jpg

3941884586_8e73c68c1d_b.jpg

3941880088_015a2856df_b.jpg

3941100691_c4babb1c0c_b.jpg

3941094049_137435b59e_b.jpg

3941094319_d21d818848_b.jpg

3941880698_b0e10290ee_b.jpg

3941095425_98d1ceca40_b.jpg

3941877492_b323687b16_b.jpg

3941878770_8d5dc2d79c_b.jpg

3941098411_786c744c1a_b.jpg

3941098715_fd47d2675b_b.jpg

3941101023_17e6e80a87_b.jpg

3941101933_62606d9f47_b.jpg

Our stop at Roosevelts - 1st beer break of the day. :)

This one rules too :) "Roosevelts!"

roosevelts_group.jpg

3941928926_c5e47c2d4d_b.jpg