Sign in to follow this  
LIVIN' IN THE PAST

"Jag Bmx 24 Inch"

My old one - Still got the forks - frame has been returned to its original Darren Wood who raced it in Raleigh colours

Jag1.jpg

Jag2-2.jpg

jag25.jpg

jag26.jpg

jag24-1.jpg

Nice.......what year is that F/F?

My old one - Still got the forks - frame has been returned to its original Darren Wood who raced it in Raleigh colours

Jag1.jpg

Jag2-2.jpg

jag25.jpg

jag26.jpg

jag24-1.jpg

Here is the reason why I'm asking........Lookin' at some of my old mags & this popped up!

I've never gave it to much attention until now.

It's in July 1982 Super Bmx.....There is a 1982 summer buyers guide in it and it shows the "Jag Bmx 24 Inch".

And it sure looks to be a Looptail,Gussett Frame! I do not remember these at all!?

Interesting.......

1.JPG

4.JPG

The only 24 ever produced that I am aware of was the sticktail, and I have been trying to track one down for 4 years now. I am a mid-school guy but that frameset is my grail.

{sticktail}From what yr. are you talkin' about......?

Thanks.

The only 24 ever produced that I am aware of was the sticktail, and I have been trying to track one down for 4 years now. I am a mid-school guy but that frameset is my grail.

82-83. That picture you have is aged so it is hard to tell what the cruiser looks like. Does it have Jag decals on it?

It's not that it's aged,it's the cheap quality of paper they used.

I cannot tell if it has Jag stickers on the frame or not.......

Do you know of anyone that has the F/F from 82'-83'?

Other than Diesels I know of two others, but do not know the owners (they are friends of other members). The reason I asked about the photo is because I don't think that photo belongs to the Jag description.

What's even weirder about that is that the post-BMX Products era Jags were sold as Framesets only. I guess a LBS might have built them up and sold them as complete.

The offered a

Midi (sized between a mini and junior) and was a sticktail

Team 20- looptail, very close to a Robinson of that time minus the gusset.

Paul Gossrau ed- Sticktail and longer than the Team 20

The 24- Sticktail, I want to say Greg Liggins rode these or his edition. I forget.

Trying to find the ad.

There might have been a loop, but this is the only 24 version I have ever heard of. Don't let the bars fool you, that is a Pro-sized 24.

jagcruz.jpg

I think this has the wrong decals but here is another.

DSCN2298.JPG

• Like 1

No I'm just kinda trippin' on the 24" Jag F/F set....

I don't remember seeing them BITD.

If I did,I guess I just did not pay much attention to them

until now....I wonder if there is/or was a possible proto type

made with looptail/gusset in the 24"......

Thanks for the info. Spur!

:OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

yes, the '82 twenty inchers were a lot like a robinson. super short rear ends, i think because all the jag guys complained about the previous frame being so long in the back. we also had to run some insanely long brake calipers, too, since the brake bridge was welded WAY high. (i don't know if all the '82's were like that, but my two were and so was paul g's) it was sort of funny to see paul g ride his 20"...it was a really small frame and he was a beefy guy.

i don't remember the 24, but i never raced cruiser. now that you mention it, liggins was doing one for a while.

Fantastic thread people.

I was fortunate enough to own & race a 1983 Jag Team 20" back in 1983-84.

As far as I am aware 5 of the 1983 JAGBMX framesets were inported into Australia as new.

2 X Midi's

2 X Team 20" looptails

1 X 24" Sticktail Cruiser

Someone else may help with numbers but I believe that while most of the JAGBMX bikes were only produced in low numbers the 24" Cruiser is the rarest of them all with production only in the 100 range.

The comment posted above my post is right on the money.

The bikes did have a short rear triangle and were super responsive out of the gate & around corners. They were one of the ultimate bikes to race on tighter tracks.

My home track was quite tight & I could never match the Jags lap times on my MT Racing AeroPro or RaceINC 20" bikes.

I also got to race the 1983 24" JAGBMX Sticktail Cruiser on several occasions. The best somparison I have is to a Hutch XL-24 cruiser that was my normal 24" ride.

The Team 20" felt very similar to a Hutch Pro racer in my opinion. Sure the T/T is shorter than a Hutch but the behavior under power was almost identical.

The front wheel would love to lift by 1-2 inches out of the gate and while powering out of corners.

Thanks again for starting this thread & I look forward to more discussion on the JAGBMX topic.

Regards.

Russ...

(Thought I would include a photo of me racing the Team 20" back in 1985. Waverly BXX Track. Victoria. Australia.)

Jag_Waverley_250585019.jpg

Diesel,

Thanks again for the hook up on the decals ! I still have a set.

I sold the midi I had as it was too small to a newbie who probably just reflipped it.

I hate flippers ... whether it's a house, car or bike. These flippers do nothing but inflate values.

%^&* newbie doesn't even come around anymore and sold me #$%$ wheels w/ flat spots.

....time for blood pressure meds !

That Jag cruiser deserves all the props it gets and then some.

Rob

Hey Russ.....Thanks for the info! Oh and by the way welcome to the site!

I had a Jag 20" frame I sold about 2yrs. ago. Never rode it,but I wish I had it back now!

I'm definately goin' to be lookin' out for the 24" though......Don't worry Spur I'll keep my

eyes peeled lookin' for one for you too... :lol:

Damn now that's two 24's that I want now! I thought I was down to wanting only one

more bike......Oh well.......

Hey Russ great pic!

Later,D.

Fantastic thread people.

I was fortunate enough to own & race a 1983 Jag Team 20" back in 1983-84.

As far as I am aware 5 of the 1983 JAGBMX framesets were inported into Australia as new.

2 X Midi's

2 X Team 20" looptails

1 X 24" Sticktail Cruiser

Someone else may help with numbers but I believe that while most of the JAGBMX bikes were only produced in low numbers the 24" Cruiser is the rarest of them all with production only in the 100 range.

The comment posted above my post is right on the money.

The bikes did have a short rear triangle and were super responsive out of the gate & around corners. They were one of the ultimate bikes to race on tighter tracks.

My home track was quite tight & I could never match the Jags lap times on my MT Racing AeroPro or RaceINC 20" bikes.

I also got to race the 1983 24" JAGBMX Sticktail Cruiser on several occasions. The best somparison I have is to a Hutch XL-24 cruiser that was my normal 24" ride.

The Team 20" felt very similar to a Hutch Pro racer in my opinion. Sure the T/T is shorter than a Hutch but the behavior under power was almost identical.

The front wheel would love to lift by 1-2 inches out of the gate and while powering out of corners.

Thanks again for starting this thread & I look forward to more discussion on the JAGBMX topic.

Regards.

Russ...

(Thought I would include a photo of me racing the Team 20" back in 1985. Waverly BXX Track. Victoria. Australia.)

Hi, I have attached a photo of my survivor Jag 24" cruiser that i bought as a frameset and raced around 1984-86.SE racing handlebars, Tuff neck, Tioga cranks, Ukai wheels, Gt stem. Amazingly, the original tyres and tubes inflated and stayed up!

It was as I remember very responsive in the right hands ( not mine - in the 39yr old category then lol!) More photos but will have to reduce in size further to post.

Birdman

P1030632_801x601.jpg

• Like 1

There might have been a loop, but this is the only 24 version I have ever heard of. Don't let the bars fool you, that is a Pro-sized 24.

jagcruz.jpg

DSCN2298.JPG

Do you have any jag 24 " up for sale?

There was a real nice chrome 24" at the Whittier show, believe it was a survivor - it wasn't entered in the event tho ....

jagcruz.jpg

DSCN2298.JPG

Do you have any jag 24 " up for sale?

pretty sure Spur is still looking for one