Sign in to follow this  
Brian P

i joined the club

browsing the list today i cam across a listing for a holmes for 150. i clicked the link, e-mailed the owner and waited. 9 am rolls around with no answer, i give him a call. i am told that someone was coming to look at it already, so i kindly asked that if that person bailed, i would like to get it from him.

well, a bit later i get a call saying the guy decided not to take the bike and proceeded to inform me that the wheels were bent and pitted.... i immediately concluded to myself that the person that went and looked at the bike wanted it for the super-pros and since they werent mint, didnt want it, well, good for me.

i got some loot out of the bank and went to meet joe. after talking for a few minutes, it turns out that he knows a few friends of mine of recent and i know his sister... then it turns out he knows all the same people that i rode with in the mid 90's..... man, i was so happy that it didnt get sold before me, this bike has a history, and its quite possible i even hopped on it at one time during the mid-school......

i believe this to be a 96, even has a vans warped tour 96 decal on it.

000_1032.jpg

000_1033.jpg

holmes frame

pitchforks

slam bars (with slam dancer decal) cut to 26

tnt stem

tnt seat clamp

1 pce cranks with haro grind-disc

shimano sx pedals

no name seatpost and mongoose seat (seats always broke anyway)

super pro rear wheel, chrome 48h 7x frt with chrome suzue sealed hub

tech 77 levers

acs 890 rear brake and 990 frt

mix of standard and s&m pegs

this bike was ridden hard BITD and i plan to re-vamp it a bit and take it out myself.

i asked the owner of the 1pc cranks and he told me he never had a problem with 1 pc... i aksed him that if he would have put 3pc on there BITD what would he have used... the answer was profiles.

so im gonna run some profiles on it, also gonna swap the rear brake for a 990 and find a redneck for it.

im also gonna try and locate some not cut down slam bars for it

yup, it needs a cleaning, but its a cool little scoot

Nice pick-up Brian! That TNT stem is a rare bird, don't see many threadless pop up.

I FREAKIN LOVE MOUTHPIECE!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my very favorite SxE bands back in the early 90's.

The "Can We Win" 7 inch is one of my most coveted records. Sloppy Spazzy Hardcore.

Oh yeah.. sweet S&M too. :)

Nice.. just noticed the 20 pound washers on the rear.... We all did that.

The Grind disc looks good on there actually... very real for the era.

All you need to do to the brakes is swap the position. the Boas will be great on the front, then you don't need to run that clunky 990 plate.. and toss the 990's on the back. :)

mouthpiece.jpg

images_1.jpg

All you need to do to the brakes is swap the position. the Boas will be great on the front, then you don't need to run that clunky 990 plate.. and toss the 990's on the back. :)

that was one idea i also had, especially since the ACS brake is actually a front one

thats awesome Brian,I like the color. I still have to finish the one I bought a few weeks back.

got it outside for some better pics, needs some cleaning, but its sweet..... the rims are kinda wasted with flat spots and pitting, but i will be using this as a rider at the local park with my lil guy

sm1.jpgsm2.jpg

sm3.jpgsm4.jpg

sm5.jpgsm6.jpg

sm7.jpgsm8.jpg

DUDE,

That is the second biggest sprocket I have ever seen.

(Next to my old Blammo of course, LOL)

"Sprocket" I thought it was a bash-gaurd? Nice pick up BP.

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about S&M... I'm looking a little closer on my CL these days. I traded out my S&M Dirt Bike, it was too rashed out.

DUDE,

That is the second biggest sprocket I have ever seen.

standard 44/16 gearing on it, the grind disc is quite large though.... LOL

Nice.. just noticed the 20 pound washers on the rear.... We all did that.

The Grind disc looks good on there actually... very real for the era.

That bike is ready for war! I love the old S&Ms set up like this, especially after they have seen some abuse.

The inside out shirt in that pic rules too!