Sign in to follow this  
3rdgear

HOLY F#CK STR-1

Actually, I have been to Latvia, Riga is a cool city....kvetch away.....

So Im wondering ,is there any spec's/plans/blueprint for the str-1?obviuosly it could be measured now it's surfaced,and you had access.I would be interested in those prints.I collect alot of things,as crazy as it sounds blueprints are one of my favorites.im a very mechanical type guy.the more going on the better.As far as the str-1 prints go im interested in somthing alittle different.With scot's thumb's up,(I would assume he would have the "rights"to it and the design) I would be interested in building up say 15-20 to start and see what the responce is?Fairly priced,like what the other s.e. repop's are going for these days.I can change a few things and go with it or something like that.But thats low and kinda defeats the purpose.Id want the true dementions if I was going to invest the time and money.I mean if it aint true to the original str-1 frame it's just my version.Cool maybe,but im not some major man-u. that can put it out and sale based on reputation.Does anyone know if a repop str-1 has been purposed to the "now" s.e. racing?Im just a guy who rode one of the chrome quads back in the day.I collect old bmx frames along with alot of other stuff,skateboards,hotwheels,blueprints,early vw,???.My family is basically made of metal machine shops and sand drag trucks.Ive been doing some older bikes latly.Schwinn horntank era,no idea what model.but made a low rollin cruzer,bobber style.next up is a late 40's goodyear.guna do a board track racer with it but low and fat.Now i got a quad jones and ended up at this thread and now my thoughts are more on the"let's bring it back" mode.with the correct plans/measurements I can get a jig set and handcraft some.there maybe no market for somthing like this,but the retro's of today seem to be a hit???Is this a crazy Idea rite out the gate.im sure that will be 6 and 1.

I would be interested in building up say 15-20 to start and see what the responce is? blah blah blah

4FxSake.gif

You are on the wrong message board. That shit doesn't fly around here.

Jeezaz. Nice first and only post... LOL

Handy Hint: Search Repro or Repop (though Repop sounds lame....its actually Repro, as in REPROduction)

And then check the results. That will give you an idea of the stance on this site.

1) As already stated, this is more of a "purists" site. Reproduction does not fly here period, especially unauthorized and unlicensed.

2.) The current owners of SE own the rights to that frame design I am assuming.

3.) Not smart to publicly announce your desire to reproduce an item by a company that is a site sponsor. Todd Lyons visits here often and I am sure if he sees this post you likely have your bad idea squashed.

cmon guys, this dude is pulling your leg with a first post like this.

LOL I'm impressed. You got balls thats for sure!

Trust me when I say "Don't go there!"

cmon guys, this dude is pulling your leg with a first post like this.

Or flat out stepping on his DICK!!! :glare:

this was on the bay a wile back for 10k with res. not met crazy cool frame

I'd want the true dementions dementia if I was going to invest the time and money.

There, I fixed it for ya!

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

.Does anyone know if a repop str-1 has been purposed to the "now" s.e. racing?Im just a guy who rode one of the chrome quads back in the day.I collect old bmx frames along with alot of other stuff,skateboards,hotwheels,blueprints,early vw,???

I'd want the true dimensions if I was going to invest the time and money.

John D, is that you?

The Whole reason the STR was squashed was because it was near impossible to get it straight with the long one piece tube. A few years ago, Kappa thought it could be done and he too abandoned the idea as it is an engineering nightmare.

Bit of advice. Let it go............

this is too funny.

So, frame didn't sell at auction. What's the story? Back in the rafters?

This thread was on fire for days, then, auction ended, dried up.

Just curious.

could it be..... one of the rarest... if not THE RAREST framest to surface?

now, who's that guy next to OM?

it could be if thats what you conceder rare but not the rarest on the bmx side and besides its not that old to be that rare thamks

could it be..... one of the rarest... if not THE RAREST framest to surface?

now, who's that guy next to OM?

it could be if thats what you conceder rare but not the rarest on the bmx side

What do you consider rare if not the STR-1?

besides its not that old to be that rare thamks

How old does it have to be to be considered rare? I dont quite understand what you are trying to say. Its not like BMX has been around since the 30's

The Whole reason the STR was squashed was because it was near impossible to get it straight with the long one piece tube. A few years ago, Kappa thought it could be done and he too abandoned the idea as it is an engineering nightmare.

Bit of advice. Let it go............

Well first let me apoligzie.Ive seen people on here making what looks like old quads.one guy made 3 and sold 2.Just like i said in my first post,Im not the type to screw,be underhanded,theif..ect.you guys are the ones beeing negitive here.I flat out said with a THUMBS UP from scot cause im not underhanded like that to steal a design(I assumed he would own it being non production.. s.e. may not own the rite).So again im sorry,but there were others here that have built replica's so i was unaware it would be a problem.I thought it would be a neat ,fun project/idea.I have plenty of money,but its not like im guna start up a business and copy designs.my intentions/plans were to talk/email the holder of those "rites"and make a BUSINESS DEAL with them to buy the rites.you guys act like im just some fuq thats trying to steal a design and brand it mine and was stupid enough to put it on a forum.I relize they are a site sponcer thats why i wrote here.I figured through the grapevine as ive seen, perhaps someone could help directed me to who i should speak with.yes i could call se,but if somone here knows the guy...thats even better.people buy the rites to stuff all the time.They call them "product buy outs"example:some companys still in business,but no longer makes a certain idem.Guys like me(or you) can buy the rites to that product and put it on the market.I buy shipping crates and sell the contence.is it wrong somone didnt pay there bill and i got a good deal and fliped the stuff,does that make me a thief???its like retagging.In the clothing industry people buy haines shirts ,puts on there graphics,sew in there tag.totaly legal to do.I went above and beyond to tread lightly into the subject,clearly stating I wouldnt do it with out the rites and a thumbs up.I dont know what you guys do for a living,but I buy shit,designs,company's,mold's for motors.industrial parts.ect.My company retags our shirts.You cant do business,or buy rites without contacting those people/company's.I could have had my office manager call se,but i was here,and the people,or friends of the people i needed to contact are here.im a business man,somone mentioned in this thread "dont advertize your intention"If you dont ask,you dont receive.Ive bought and revived several items for people.SE brought everything else back to life I thought it would be cool.So next time you wanna flame a guy,maybe you should find out alittle more about the subject.im not guna have my lawyer type up a contract intention and post it.just cause i mentioned i wanted to know about design dont make me a thief.You dont know me,my company,what we do,and just plain ol thought im just a stupid fuq.maybe you guy's should learn about how business works.thats why i have money cause i ask companys for rites,then flip them.totaly legal,nothing underhanded,everyones getting paid.You guys act like i just want him to give it to me and then i'll make money on his dime.IF I BUY THE RITES ITS MY DIME NOW,THEY KNOW CAUSE THEY JUST SOLD IT.You guys act like cops instantly thinking the worst.I had a honorable idea,and you guys are the ones making it negitve,underhanded.but thats why i have money cause i know how the business works.I WILL GIVE S.E.,ITS OWNER'S,AND SCOT A BIG SORRY.the rest of you guys were the ones coming up with the criminal intent not me.so who's more trustworthy.stop the criminal thinking you guys.everybody reads a post different.i had no ill will's,but the rest of you sure did buy the reply's i got.like i said..if i was a scammer,i would have measured up looptail,rolled the bars under the bb and made the seat post higher,just enough its not there design so i can sale it.BUT AGAIN READ THE FIRST POST,I MADE IT CLEAR,I WOULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT THE TRUE DEMENTION AND THE THUMBS UP OF THE RITES HOLDER.you guys are buggin.so i got yelled at,but only got a "that dont fly here".what did i do to offend? thinking of doing a repop?asking for the rite to do it?wanting dementions??i had only good intentions,thats why i wanted go-aheads,dementions,the rites,asking who ownes the design,sorry you guys didnt pay attention to that.

WOW!!! I'll let someone with a bit more time and patience explain things to you.

How do you buy Product Rights if you cant even spell it? I cant imagine a company taking you serious with words like RITES guna and "i".

What's the name of your company? I'll do a quick Google search on it.

BTW, just so you'll know. It has nothing to do with whether or not you have the Rights to the STR-1. You could buy the Rights to SE's entire line up and you will still get the same treatment if you decide to reproduce the STR-1.

I say go for it airbeam! Get all those dementions and rites, then start retagging your contense and advertize the shit out of it! Yeah!

I say go for it airbeam! Get all those dementions and rites, then start retagging your contense and advertize the shit out of it! Yeah!

U r so rite. Teh innernetz haz fuked up teh eng. lang. man. So has txtng. It sux now. Hehehehe

Man, has some peoples english got that bad?

Airbeam,

you'll find that this is a purists site, reproduction of any sort is frowned upon here. It's not personal 99.99% of the members on this site jump on any suggestion of repopping.

We understand the urge to reproduce items, we just don't condone it. I personally don't care how big a business is or how rich you are, we could play the I'm richer than you game all day......... who cares really. Only a poor person brags about how rich they are, or an insecure one. (sorry to be frank). If you are wealthy, more power to you.

Anyway this is the wrong site to ask about reproduction plain and simple. Not trying to offend you , that's just the way it is here. There are other sites that don't mind it so much, you just chose the one that doesn't.

BUT AGAIN READ THE FIRST POST,I MADE IT CLEAR,I WOULD NOT DO IT WITHOUT THE TRUE DEMENTION AND THE THUMBS UP OF THE RITES HOLDER

Donald?

Donald?

this is going over my head (????)what am I missing Rick? :Power.Grin: