Sign in to follow this  
Todd Lyons

All Things Considered for 2011 SE Bikes

Thanks for the feedback & suggestions! I will look more closely at all of the suggestions & comment as well after the weekend. Thanks again!

No, thank you Todd!

Stick with the usual SE OEM parts on completes.

Let people do their own upgrades if they choose.

It would be inviting a product boycott by using certain brands mentioned. Better to stay neutral and steer clear of that I feel.

A retro STR-1 in aluminum would also be sweet. Under the bb tubing too.

A retro STR-1 in aluminum would also be sweet. Under the bb tubing too.

Wouldn't aluminum tubes be a little too fat to go under the bb? I know they are making them thinner now, but I can't remember seeing round alu tubes that skinny. I would love to see a steel STR1. I won't be making a serious run at the one that just surfaced, so Todd is my only hope for one.

Should we keep the big cushion style seats on the OM Flyers & Big Ripper? Or change to something smaller?

If you could morph your Lightning Blitz seat and Sleek II seat together. Cushioned Sleek II but with Lightning Blitz color options and lightning bolt.

Another idea would be your Sleek II seats, same colors except finished in alacantra to simulate suede. Alacantra would be more durable and cheaper that real suede.

-Todd

A paisley velvet wallpaper edition OM seems like a natural progression. Make it happen Todd.

:ThumbsUp:

Perfect addition to this disaster

SE_Bikes_5.jpg

Hard to argue that.... :blink:

Nice description Todd. OK then for 2012:

Floval Retro framesets. Top of the list!!! Baby blue (white decals) with baby blue LG's (white decals)...and then Ball burnished (baby blue decals) with chrome LG's (baby blue decals). Original looking vintage decals!

Larger width camo crossbar pads. I don't know of many people who run the new crop of tiny cruiser bars.

Larger jerseys. I am a true XXL and the XXL fit is a tight tight tight form fitting corset feel.

So, basically, baby blue floval retro. :)

THumbs up to the om returning to steel- I could never afford an original at current ebay prices so Ill be waiting...

I think that the Big Ripper will change to Euro BB. What do you guys think of that?

I think going with a American BB may be better, more weld area (Bigger People are riding it).

I would think a threaded BB's would cost more. ?

If you have a American BB you can use a adapter to a threaded BB , but not the other way around..

The rest looks good to Me. :cheers:

The thinking on Euro BB on the Big Ripper is that some 29er guys would not think about riding the Big Ripper as it does not have a Euro BB. Hmmm.....

I think that the Big Ripper will change to Euro BB. What do you guys think of that?

I think going with a American BB may be better, more weld area (Bigger People are riding it).

I would think a threaded BB's would cost more. ?

If you have a American BB you can use a adapter to a threaded BB , but not the other way around..

The rest looks good to Me. :cheers:

You got 100% agreement on this one from me. I never really have liked euro bb's.

Todd,

I have a question! Over the last few weeks I hit a bunch of SE dealers but can't find any with the Retro bikes. Very intrested in getting a PK Ripper, Floval Flyer or So Cal Flyer. I live in the Allentown PA area and would like to check out the line. Could you provide some information on this!

Thanks

Jim

Jim- Go to http://www.sebikes.com/ and enter in your zip code in the upper right hand corner of the page. Call a bunch of shops and ask if they have the bikes on the floor. If not, ANY SE dealer can order up a bike for ya.

Hope you make some headway.

Thanks, I was thinking you might know who ordered a few.

Hey Todd, great idea reaching out to the fans of SE for direction input! I have a few suggestions.... But on the whole, I'd say the current direction is very good.

1. Make the brown padset from the 2010 P.K. Loop available as an accessory. They are sweet. Also the buyers of this bike may like to have a spare set.... I just picked up the camo set for my son's '07 Lil' Wildman. The brown would look much better.

2. Make the riding gear in all sizes. I don't believe the SE gear is available to those micro-mini people that are riding Mini-Rippers. My son will be riding next year. I'd love to see him in SE colors.

3. Make the handlebar crossbar pad for sale individually. We have the '07 30th anniversary and the '08 Black and Gold P.K.'s. I'd love to replace the pad that is too short with one that fits properly. Should be relatively inexpensive to produce (Blue, Black, Camo, Red).

4. I am not sure if the market is there for this, but a 12" bike would be cool. Get them started young. You'd have 2 sold already to my kids (Will and Murphy).

5. I like the signature series idea. What about reaching out to other legendary SE riders, or your current team?

- Rod Beckering

- Bubba Hayes

- Toby Henderson

- Chase Hines

- Trent Newkirk

My two cents.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback.

Chad

I'm not sure which "gear" you mean, but my kids have been wearing SE jersey's and gloves since they were six.

Youth medium was as small as they went with jersey's. They were a little large at first, but they will get a few good years from them. I'm pretty sure the gloves are available all the way to youth small.

I dont want v brake mounts on my fork on the steel OM Flyer.

Please leave em off if you can.

a return to steel sounds great though, would more than likely make me a customer once the switch has been made.

all your thoughts sound great.

as far as toptube length, go LONG!

I say make the v-brake forks an after market item. Then you'll know if there is a demand or not.

Personally, I don't use 'em, but it wouldn't be a deciding factor in whether I buy the bike or not.

I am one that is for the front brake mounts, I love 'em and the lack of them on any retro since the '07 OM has been kind of a bummer for me. I figured some bikes would get front brakes here and there. Interesting to see how many people here don't like front brakes though.

I too would love to see a Cro-Mo OM--would it look more like the original than the present aluminum models? That would be cool. I really wanted an original OS OM but for me they are little pricey to use as a rider.

I was also thinking about color schemes again... you have some great color combos and it would be cool if you carry them over to other bikes. For example, the red and blue Quad looks killer and maybe in 2011 you could do that color combo on a PK, and then in 2012, on an OM... I could see some people wanting one of each bike on their favorite color scheme.

A lot of "wants". I am sure Todd will balance out everything the best he can. Thanks for posting this thread and listening to us.

:)

A lot of "wants".

I want a hamburger. No, cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake. I want potato chips...