Sign in to follow this  
subwax

Cool vibe at OS these days

Just wanted to say how cool it is to see others putting up original frames for trade with restored ones. Not only is this preserving history, but its also promoting friendship and trust amongst fellow members.

Nice one, guys.

These days? We have been cool all along, I think you have just had an awakening.

These days? We have been cool all along, I think you have just had an awakening.

Speak for yourself Jake. I have more recently become cool.

:lol:

Speak for yourself Jake. I have more recently become cool.

I agree though Neil... it's good to see people looking for a trade in situations like that... so everybody can land what suits them.

Just wanted to say how cool it is to see others putting up original frames for trade with restored ones. Not only is this preserving history, but its also promoting friendship and trust amongst fellow members.

Nice one, guys.

+1 :ThumbsUp:

I have always been cool, but just recently became even cooler. (If I do say so myself). :lol:

Nothing GT left, mate. Might have the odd set of bars, but thats about it.

I do think we are seeing a lot more of this these days though, opinions would appear to be on the move and the onus is more about preservation than restoration. We've seen a million powdercoated frames. I'd rather one that has it's original paint any day, which is a complete turn around for me over the last year or so, I guess I've been hanging about with you lot too long.

I go both ways -- on the original or restore issue that is. However, in my opinion, restoration is a last resort as in something that is so far gone, or so grossly defaced with bad rattle can jobs (or even worse - rolled on house paint), the only way to "preserve the history" is to bring it back to it's original luster before it completely rusts away into nothingness.

Nothing beats original paint and stickers in my opinion though. :)

I go both ways -- on the original or restore issue that is. However, in my opinion, restoration is a last resort as in something that is so far gone, or so grossly defaced with bad rattle can jobs (or even worse - rolled on house paint), the only way to "preserve the history" is to bring it back to it's original luster before it completely rusts away into nothingness.

Nothing beats original paint and stickers in my opinion though. :)

x 2..

My main man Tony Ell up in da shizzy? Word! I hope everything is good bro. Good to know you are still out there. Hit me up anytime...

I'd like to believe that all the harassment over at the museum might do some good. Sadly, the "your bike/do what you want crowd" has once again been in full force and an MCS stem with candy red paint, albeit flaking, is soon to be dumbed down with a polisher.

That was a shame, Steve. I have a 4 bolt in red I'd have happily traded for that one...

Whats with the four year old thread revival?