Sign in to follow this  
bmxcurator

Kastan 24 find

CL find, Kastan 24". Frame, fork and stem are Kastan, the rest is DB, schwinn, xs, primo (LOL) The stem is way cool, never seen one before. Oh, also has powerbend cruiser bars. I'm definately going to swap a better wheelset and other misc bits to exemplify the era. I took it for an extended spin, I REALLY like the geometry on this thing. Kastan sure knew his stuff when it came to a long frame with handling and response! Post up some of your Kastans, I'd like to see more of these works of art :)

DSCF2457.JPG

DSCF2459.JPG

nice one... what year do you think that is?

When did Kastan close its doors?

Wow great find. That stem is enough to make your message box overflow LOL

I'm still kickin myself for selling my Kastan 24

No doubt, stem alone is a tremendous score. For as rare as they are (meaning the stem), I have heard they sucked from various people.

After I got it, a friend of mine has been throwing huge trade bait at me....stuff I have been bugging him about. :break:

Dunno, if I can keep the bars for another project, maybe I will go for it...but I really dig how this thing rides.

No doubt, stem alone is a tremendous score. For as rare as they are (meaning the stem), I have heard they sucked from various people.

..the mid school stem equvilant af aerospeeds? :)

96 Frame. Really, really nice riding frame. Handles very well. Stem conceived to handle the shock loaded Uniblade to compete with the Redline shock setup, thus the use of the additional shim everyone can see. Kind of crazy that Kastan had a competitor to go against the name brand he created. Crappy stem, tested to come loose all the time. The load of the front end is trusted by two bolts acting as a bridge. Rare. I had a few but gave them to my buddy because it's like that .

Here was mine with a stem on it. Keep the stem. Everyone will go crazy when you decide to sell it later.

2004_0301ebizeeeeeeee230007-1.jpg

2004_0301ebizeeeeeeee230009-1.jpg

Post pics

Did the 24 Kastan ever have the single sided fork aka Pre lefty Lefty?