Sign in to follow this  
bobafett

Why no 20" mini section in BOTY

No biggy - just couldn't see where the 20" minis would have gone ?

They weren't gonna stand up to the might of the 20" class as far as votes goes and they were too big size wise for the pit category ?

20" minis section for next year perhaps ?

Just a thought.......................

:)

Really it is hit and miss on the popularity on these for BOTY. Hector submitted his killer mini the 20" class for the appropriate era. It would have been proper for you to do the same. If the classes get enough minis we split them but, often times we don't get many submissions.

I loved Hectors blazer!

Actually all of hectors mini's are blazin!!

if hector enters 3 or more minis thats enough for a separate class no?

No.

What if we add my 2 minis - that makes 5.......

Now is there enough :lol:

I'll stop now :(

Thanks Will

Ive always wondered the same but understood and accepted the fact that there really isn't a class for such builds.

I have 2 JMC mini's, a few SE minis (BD-III's) and my money pit Hutch jr Lasuit for next years show season. Who knows, there may be a class in the near future

Since there were only 2 hacks, does that mean that the Hack class will go away for 2010?

Sidehacks only has 2 entries.

Yes and two separate entrants. Why would we create a class for a guy with 3 bikes and him be the only entrant? Hacks are breed unto themselves, you can make the argument for minis as well but if there is a lack of participation they are more similar to a 20" class of whatever era. We would be more likely to have a class of 1 Hack (and have, 2007) verses a single class for one mini, because they are worlds apart.

Anything else you want to split hairs over?

Since there were only 2 hacks, does that mean that the Hack class will go away for 2010?

Nah, 2008 had no entries and we just cancelled it for the year. Hacks will always have a class, every once in a while some cool dinosaur is unearthed or some badass newschool hack comes along.

Spur,

My posts shouldn't be taken as attacks..........or splitting hairs.....you made a valid explanation. I was just asking the question. Why are you on my case? I really didnt mean to come off cocky or with an attitude or whatever you thought .

anyway,

maybe I should have worded my question a bit different:

How many minis does there have to be for a separate class (from different owners)?

Original question is a good one and the answer is correct, a mini is a 20" bike. What next, a split from expert frame to pro's?

Sidehack is a whole different animal, 3 wheels etc and combined new/old school for simplicity.

Never took it as an attack, I wasn't defensive. But it is splitting hairs a bit. We don't want to have the "Rockford hand me out awards" and have a class for every conceivable thing possible. And the award for the best unopened Oakley grips go to.....

As for Mini's I have no idea what would constitute a class, ultimately that is up to Steve. Personally if there is lack of interest I would rather see them combined with pit perhaps even though they are closer to 20 inchers. It might be more fair but then again Pits are pretty unique too.

Definitely something we should address for next year.

a mini is a 20" bike. What next, a split from expert frame to pro's?

And another class for Moose's :)

Hah! :lol:

a mini is a 20" bike. What next, a split from expert frame to pro's?

And another class for Moose's :)

If the classes get enough minis we split them but, often times we don't get many submissions.

That sums it up pretty well.

In the past we only had one cruiser class... then it grew and we split to 24 and 26.

In the past Mid was combined for cruiser and 20 inch... then it grew and we split it so each had their own class.

In the past we had combined sidehacks and tandems... then there was not enough of either, so we collapsed the class to nothing.

This year there were supposed to be more hacks. We set it up. Some people entered... other people flaked. I wasn't going to close the class on the other two at that point.

Building the boty is labor intensive. Adding classes is tedious, and just one more thing that has to be done.

That said... as you can see, if there is strong turnout we accommodate.

But it is true... at some point the line has to be drawn. A class like 20" only warrants so much diffusion... at some point a 20 is a 20 and you just need to enter it there. But a mini class is a possibility if turnout were strong.

Absolutely nothing.

there might be some context that you apparently are not aware of...in either case, all is well and it doesn't warrant belaboring the matter any further.

What does rockford have to do with this BOTY?

Nothing and hope to keep it that way.

I don't know what you are trying to say, but the Rockford show is ran very well. I'm just saying if you havnt been to Rockford you shouldn't comment. All is good Steve, why don't you have your bikes in this boty, you have some nice rides

I don't know what you are trying to say, but the Rockford show is ran very well. I'm just saying if you havnt been to Rockford you shouldn't comment.

Sooo...if you been to Rockford that somehow makes you more capable of making legitimate comments? Must have missed that briefing.