Sign in to follow this  
keep_it_warm

COMPLETED: S&M Menstrual Cycle

Wow, this is a blast from the past. Funny this was bumped...just last week I saw the guy I brought this frame/fork/stem from. He asked me if I still had the bike. I told him yes and how much I loved it. He was pretty pumped up to hear that.

I never cared for those snowy pictures. Next Spring, I will try to get some better pictures of the bike.

This evening, I just found out this had been sold recently.

:no:  Crushed.  I wish we'd known it was on the block.

Had to bump this thread up again. A great bike, a great build, and an approach after my own heart,matching parts to the condition of the frame is how I built my mad dog.

It's awesome to see super clean builds, it's cool to see survivor builds, but being able to capture an essence of both while bring a time capsule type look of how we actually built them back in the day is so rad.

• Like 1

Ten years have passed since I built this bike and posted it here.

I had a gentleman's agreement with the person who sold me the f/f/stem:  If I ever wanted to/had to sell it, he had first choice to buy it back since he was the original owner. He liked the way I built up the bike, so he wanted to buy it as a complete. That's where it went when I sold it all those years ago. That's why I couldn't contact you Steve.

As the years passed, he, in turn, sold it (complete) to another local collector. Another few years later, that person sold it again (complete) to yet another local guy. The frame, fork and stem have 'lived' in the Detroit area of Michigan since new. In December, I was speaking to the original owner of the f/f/stem (the guy who originally sold it to me in 2009). I asked him if the bike was still local. He said it was. He confirmed who I had heard owned it. I asked the original f/f/s owner if he would mind if I put out a feeler to the current owner regarding buying it back. The original owner was fine with this....so I did.

The current owner and I came to an agreement on price and time (I needed time to gather up the funds).

So....incredibly....I now have THE SAME BIKE I built in 2009. :double.take:

I'm so excited about this! And, to my amazement, the bike is untouched other than the cranks (Prince Albert cranks now, in place of the unstamped Profile's I had on it). A front brake was added along the way. But other than that....every piece of the bike is as I built it years ago.

Life is strange....in a good way! So excited about this....

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

• Like 1

Coo that she returned home.  Dope bike! 

Amazing that it exchanged hands that many times and stayed complete.   The cranks are a nice boost though.  

Yes, I am excited about the early cranks on the bike. I wanted to find a set years ago, but the prices at the time were quite high....not to mention the fact that they seldom show up for sale. So, yes, it's definitely an added bonus. They are first generation 185's