Sign in to follow this  
401flightcranks

Rare hubs. Did anyone else see these?

I'm going to have to say after reading all this that Mark is in no way doing anything wrong.

Sorry Duke. Just an opinion. FYI, noone likes to hear handicapped people use whatever the handicap is, as their personal crutch. I have a friend who lost his complete left leg in a motorcycle accident 4 years ago that was completely his own fault. He spends every waking minute now being "handicapped". So much so that he's to busy being handicapped to live his life. It gets old quick. Just sayin.....

The whole handicapped thing disturbed me as well. I doubt that Duke is aware that there are at least two handicapped members on this website, and because they get through life without the 'victim mentality', their handicap has never been an issue with any members here, nor has it ever been brought up.

Duke, I spent $43.00 (plus shipping) for an NOS Suntour hub, $29.00 for a brand new Spin Doctor cone wrench set, and $8.00 for synthetic grease. I did the work myself because a certain member here (you know who) walked me through the disassembly process without damaging it.

You offered no solution except to broker a re-sell of the hub for me. You infuriated me when claimed that all I needed was a $2.00 Suntour part. Please show me (and other members) where I can find a $2.00 Suntour bearing cover by itself that hasn't been produced for a long time? Bottom line is that you were all talk and were not truly concerned with making me happy after purchasing a $1625.00 hub from you.

On top of all of this, you made child like threats and lied to me about two things: A) you were coming to Georgia to visit me. B) you claimed that my cell phone number was one number off from a lighting company that your construction company uses. To prove that you are not a liar, what is the name of the lighting company and/or what is their phone number? I will confirm whether or not you are full of it. I did not lie to you and told you exactly what I would do. I now have a nice, working hub and you received a good chunk of change and a positive feedback. If you have a problem with Paypal and their dispute resolution process, then perhaps you should carefully construct your argument next time (you had your chance) or cease using PayPal to eliminate the chance of becoming a 'victim'.

I've been handicapped sinse 8 years old. Never recieved any, or looked for any special treatment. I've done well for myself and family. I stated it because it is a fact. Why should I have to buy him a tool as well as pay for repairs. The hub was knowingly bought used. Regreasing should not be my expence. He agreed on the price knowing that it was used. He even told me he saw the gap (1/32") in dust cap in photo's.The designer told us both it was normal wear. No one forced him to bid. Even if he charged for dust cover, how do you justify the regreasing, and tool purchases as my expense. Try to forget I'm the new guy her and look for the justice you would expect when selling. Does anyone here see what I'm saying. I believe when 2 MEN make a deal, you shouldn't use the system to take anything more than what is deserved. I will feel cheated as long as I don't recieve my change. Stick up for your friend, I can only hope some of you feel the way I do. I didn't know about this site until another person unhappy with Mark told me about it. They obviously don't make it heard. I can tell Mark is well liked her and I'm not going to get a fair shake. Still he thought he could screw me and then just block me out, guess again. When you see a deer in the woods that means there's 4 you didn't see. Next time someone says Mark treated them unfairly think of that. Forever hopeful, Duke

" What does Woody have to do with this? " Hey Kerry, I will answer that, NOTHING. I think my name ended up here because it's on those hubs.. I'm friends with both Mark and Duke, so this is unfortunate to see.

I did get a hub from Duke at a greatly reduced price. I didn't ask him for a discount, he just volunteered it so I don't think money is the motivating factor here. I actually got the hub, rebuilt it, because as most folks here know, old loose ball parts, headsets, hubs, & bb's with 30+ year old grease in them knows that stuff changes into a brownish plasticky like substance that binds things together vs letting them roll smooth. Anyhow, I spoke to Mark and offered him some advice on how to rebuild it and what the end result would be. He emailed me later and told me everything worked out fine and his hub looks great.

I've seen this kind of situation before on some of the hot wheels boards and it's never fun. Too bad, because if both these guys had met under different circumstances, they would probably be fast friends. Mark loves old bikes, Duke use to own a bike shop in the 80's and loves old bikes as well. Hopefully this thread will just go away and things will move along.

Colloquialisms and bullshit. Is that what you do best, Duke? What is the phone number that is one digit off from mine?

**crickets**

Let me guess on the mystery person who turned you onto this website. Do the initials start with J.J.?

Maybe things would be better under different circumstances, but why would an adult (most likely older than myself) make 3rd grade playground threats and outright lie about coming to visit me, my phone number, etc.?

I said one slot different on my cellphone not one number off. I thought it was the # you called me from, but it was the retired pro who bought a seat from me called my phone while you and I were speaking. When I later went in my phone to pull up your # I thought I had your work #. When I called it and asked for you I discovered my mistake. I don't see how you can request I post some innocent persons workplace and # when you go out of your way to hide your own. The initials you asked if they told me about you is not what you said . So that brings the count to 3 people who think your shady. As far as third grade goes if you lived closer I'd show you the difference between a boys and a man's beating. The only thing resembling the third grade is your manhood. I'm going to take a real man's advice and let this string die. It's proven to be nothing more than a ego boost for you to make up for your lacking endowments. Take your cheapest shots, their free so you won't have to be accountable. I know your comfortible with that. Duke.

He did indeed call but dialed the wrong number, said member called me a day later to "chat" about the conversation.

i just felt bad for Woody's name being dragged into this as if it was his problem.

As far as third grade goes if you lived closer I'd show you the difference between a boys and a man's beating.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah Burn. I love when badasses join the site. 23_31_1.gif

Couple of things Duke.

A) Don't know Mark personally. Have never had a phone conversation with him. Just internet chatter for 5 years. If I felt Mark was wrong, I wouldnt hesitate to say so, as he with me, I'm sure, so I'm not just "defending my buddy".

B) You mentioned like 4 times that you were handicapped. What does that have to do with ANY of this. You are the one that kept bringing it up.

C) If I paid $1600 plus dollars for ANYTHING, it had better be right on, I dont care what it is. Put yourself on his side.

D) I hope you choose to stick around. You could have lots of fun here with us. Like I said, you have the right to voice your opinion anytime but when everyone's point of view, except yours, is that someone is not in the wrong, then maybe you should look harder at you and not instantly jump on the "youre defending your buddy" bandwagon.

E) Woody is PURE CLASS. We should clone him. Very cool dude "then" and now imho (if you are into that gay freestyle thing). :ROTFLMAO: :whistling:

Peace.

Oh and one last thing. Read the site policy please. We, as a site, do not and will not tolerate physical threats EVER.

:deadhorse:

No that would be if Duke lived closer, like a man, not a smilie.

ugh, yeah!

oh and one last thing. Read the site policy please. We, as a site, do not and will not tolerate physical threats EVER.

Well, since the hub is fixed...maybe Mark could send him the remains of the donor and the wrench?

I understand it needed a part, but Duke shouldn't have to buy a wrench for someone to keep.

Also, when I saw this, it struck me as odd in a way...Mark is the biggest stickler for OG hardware. As he did the rebuild, he can be certain that it is just that.

rebuilt with era correct gear...

I agree on the tools, I guess? However if he brought the hub to a bike shop due to not knowing how to service the hub....he'd have to pay labor. Since the hub wasn't mentioned needing work, duke is responsible.

Now, after all that...I feel super nerdy being this deep into a conversation about this lame shit. Look, duke, you took responsibility for the deal...good on you.

I GET that you're not happy...

Can we all move on now?

really

Well, since the hub is fixed...maybe Mark could send him the remains of the donor and the wrench?

I understand it needed a part, but Duke shouldn't have to buy a wrench for someone to keep.

Also, when I saw this, it struck me as odd in a way...Mark is the biggest stickler for OG hardware. As he did the rebuild, he can be certain that it is just that.

anyone, including myself from this point forward please DO NOT post in this thread/argument unless you're Duke or Mark, I'll delete it

Visualize bmx

I said one slot different on my cellphone not one number off. I thought it was the # you called me from, but it was the retired pro who bought a seat from me called my phone while you and I were speaking. When I later went in my phone to pull up your # I thought I had your work #. When I called it and asked for you I discovered my mistake. I don't see how you can request I post some innocent persons workplace and # when you go out of your way to hide your own. The initials you asked if they told me about you is not what you said . So that brings the count to 3 people who think your shady. As far as third grade goes if you lived closer I'd show you the difference between a boys and a man's beating. The only thing resembling the third grade is your manhood. I'm going to take a real man's advice and let this string die. It's proven to be nothing more than a ego boost for you to make up for your lacking endowments. Take your cheapest shots, their free so you won't have to be accountable. I know your comfortible with that. Duke.

This thread keeps getting stranger and stranger. Duke, do you have experience with beating up boys? Not sure why you resort to violence now. First, you made goof ball threats, and now you want to beat me up? I think you have a problem with PayPal, not me. Seven words from you would have rectified the situation from the get go. They are as follows: “Send the hub back, I'll fix it”. Excuses from you wouldn't fix the hub and I had to protect my interests by filing a dispute with PayPal. I never asked them to freeze your account and I never asked them for anything that was not reasonable. You really believe that I extorted you for $100.00? That covered my Suntour hub, tools, grease, and time. Extortion would have been asking for $500.00 or $750.00 back because those amounts are obviously unreasonable. By the way, I didn't even see your response to PayPal, but I imagine it went something along the lines of “PayPal, I'm the wrong guy to mess with”, or “PayPal, I'm driving by your office this week and I'm going to give you a manly ass kicking”. I dunno what else to say. Its a nice hub and I'm happy with it.

With regards to my business dealings, Duke, I'd love for you to email me in private with the three people who made that claim. If you are so well endowed, post their names and or deals here. I've been described as picky, particular, difficult, a purist, opinionated, a dick, etc., -but- I don't scam people or refuse to send items that are paid for. I have a feeling that you are fabricating that claim as well. I also do not have a big ego and I'm not enjoying this thread (that was started to show some crazy rare hubs). I never swore at you and I never made any threats to you. You went off of the deep end and showed your true colors on this website. I received and saved your voice mail messages, but if you were in my shoes, would you return the calls? You can call me to discuss if you promise that you are not going to yell at me or talk about the difference between a boy's versus a man's ass kicking. I also don't care if you are handicapped and/or well endowed. You know my number: (404) 556-####. There is no reason to think that I work for a lighting company (???). That would be quite a coincidence, wouldn't it? Cough..*bullshit*..cough. Look in your cell phone under 'received' or 'missed' calls...my number and/or name are there. I must warn you though...I already spent the $100.00 on parts and my own labor, so there is no money in your future.

The sad part is that I would still buy another one of these hubs off of you for more money because they are that damn rare! I need help. :)