Sign in to follow this  
MelvinsArmy

Where do you ride?

Once in a blue I'll run across this bum: :whistling:

:lol: Well, friends have told me I can be difficult to nail down and that you never know where I'll appear or for how long I'll stay.

Great shots Marcus. We should ride together more often, looks like our paths might cross quite a bit. I love riding over the Williamsburg Bridge then cruising down the East River and back over the Manhattan or Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe even get really zig-zaggy and do all three and one twice to get back home. I like to check in on the Brooklyn Banks now and then too to see the younger guys ripping it up.

Jarvi and Bad Shot, I've got to admit that I am envious of your non-concrete riding surfaces. I'd like to get out in the natural elements a little more if I could.

Once in a blue I'll run across this bum: :whistling:

:lol: Well, friends have told me I can be difficult to nail down and that you never know where I'll appear or for how long I'll stay.

Great shots Marcus. We should ride together more often, looks like our paths might cross quite a bit. I love riding over the Williamsburg Bridge then cruising down the East River and back over the Manhattan or Brooklyn Bridge. Maybe even get really zig-zaggy and do all three and one twice to get back home. I like to check in on the Brooklyn Banks now and then too to see the younger guys ripping it up.

I agree Scott, we do have to get together more often. I'll send you a PM with my contact info so we can make it happen soon! Of course, I don't quite have the stamina that you obviously posses, considering your daily commute routine, but I can put in the miles every now and then! ;)

Here's a few more from my time in California last November. Spent a lot of time cruising around the Venice and Santa Monica areas as I'd hurt my ankle and couldn't do much other riding.

bmxs-12.jpg

Remains of the old skate area at Venice Beach

bmxs-13.jpg

Venice Beach

bmxs-14.jpg

Anyone with a remote interest in unusual building will know this one in Venice

bmxs-15.jpg

Heading to Santa Monica along the beach

bmxs-16.jpg

In Australia the price of cars is outrageous thanks to very high taxes on luxury cars so this was a bit unusual. Although currently in Miami Beach and the lineup just might beach Santa Monica. In the space of half a dozen houses I spotted a Maserati, Aston Martin and Jaguar XJK or whatever model they call it. Plus the usual assortment of Range Rovers, X5s, Escalades etc

porsche-gt.jpg

Nice...

ruben-etnies-1.jpg

If you have seen the Etnies Grounded DVD you'll recognise this in Santa Monica along the PCH

My Daughter and I ride the Jordan River Parkway here in Utah. This was Mid April, and this is my daughter with "our" PLite

4532492965_2d95230c28_b.jpg

I went for a nice little ride today. I hung out for a bit soaking up the sun on the East River again, a great way to waste an hour on a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I didn't take many pictures today, but I thought this one was kind of cool. The Empire State Building framed by my handlebars. That's the Chrysler Building on the far right, with the Met Life building/Grand Central Station directly behind it.

Kappa Empire.jpg

Normally just ride at the track or around the streets..a few of us hit the skatepark yesterday...I haven't ridden a pipe in about 25 years..not that you could really call what I was doing as properly ridding..

brisbaneriverride16may_5270copy.jpg

brisbaneriverride16may_5292copy.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

Although my long time mate still hasn't lost it...he is also 40! That is as huge as it looks...his 83 TA handling the heat without missing a beat!

DSCF3563.jpg

Craig never ceases to amaze me with his riding skills. Awsome pic.

Because of the holiday, I finally had a Saturday off. It is fleet week in NYC, so I decided to go for a long ride and try to see some of the big ships. I rode into Manhattan, down under the FDR, around Battery Park and headed up the West Side Highway.

At the Pier near Christopher Street there were a ton of people gathered around, so I stopped to see what was going on. All these swimmers were jumping in the Hudson one at a time. After they were all in, they all started swimming out into the Hudson. I guess it was some kind of race. I couldn't help but think of Kramer on Seinfeld. Go into NYC on a summer weekend and you're bound to see some kind of event like this going on.

swimmers.jpg

These buildings on the West Side Highway are cool. The closer building was designed by Frank Gehry. Not sure who did the one behind it. Love those street lamps with these buildings.

westside.jpg

I was expecting to see some battle ships and a carrier in the harbor, but didn't. I know I had seen them there for fleet week in years past. The ships were all docked up by the Intrepid, NYC's own aircraft carrier that has been converted to a museum. It's really cool to see if you ever come to NYC.

intrepid.jpg

The USS Iwo Jima docked on the west side of Manhattan.

iwo jimma.jpg

I thought this was awesome. It looked like a giant steel sculpture out in the Hudson. Turns out it was an old shipping dock from when freight trains used to run up the west side of Manhattan. Apparently there was a big fire and it warped the steel structure and this is how it's looked ever since. I'm glad they didn't tear it down, it's as good as any modern art I've ever seen.

riverside.jpg

A few hundred feet north is this thing, also very cool.

riverside2.jpg

I rode all the way up the west side to about 76th street and then cut over to Central Park. Didn't get any pics in the park, too busy looking at girls. Then I rode down Broadway, through Times Square (fortunately I was in no hurry) all the way down to Union Square. Passed the Flat Iron building, one of my favorites in NYC. The sun was right on the building's point, so I had to get a shot.

flatiron.jpg

A few blocks down a Maserati all marked up for the Gumball 3000 entered traffic.

maserati.jpg

I think I did about 15 miles today on my JMC 24. It felt good. I'm thinking I need to get a 26" bmx bike now.

Someone at the museum let me in on some cool jumps not far from my house. The area is under a canopy of trees so it is hidden away and pretty comfortable even in the summer heat.

Past the boat manufacturer

P5150023.jpg

Around the pond.. It rained on my way out on this day, and this dried up pond was completely full the next day.

P5150021.jpg

My 3 year old calls this the tunnel to the forest.. :-)

P5150020.jpg

It opens up to a rather large area

P5150013.jpg

P5150012.jpg

P5150016.jpg

P5150015.jpg

That's a great photo of the Intrepid. I'd love to stand on the deck of an aircraft carrier one day.

Here's a few from around the Miami Beach area.

bmxs-17.jpg

Down at South Beach and a bit spooky to see the names of fallen soldiers. (crappy iphone photo)

bmxs-18.jpg

Rode about 17 miles this day and the biggest hill I had to ride up was the bridge. I love riding in Florida, it's so flat. Problem is it's pretty warm and I'm sweating just getting to the first corner.

bmxs-19.jpg

Need to work on this angle a bit more. Probably need to work on the calf muscles too.

bmxs-20.jpg

Possibly the worst looking building I have ever seen and with plenty of art deco stuff down here, that's saying something.

Outrunm, I wish I could ride those jumps.

Jarvi, you can go inside the Intrepid and go on the deck, go up in the bridge, etc. They've got a bunch of cool jets on it too, an F14 a Concord, and an early version of the SR71. It's pretty awesome.

Resurrection time. I kill some, I bring some back... (Hey Mr. Hart, when you find the time, can you fix your pics?)

I'm getting really itchy for the warm weather, after not being able to ride since pretty much as the summer was getting started last year. I figured I'd get a little ride in today while we had a little "heat wave" before the (hopefully) last cold snap in the Philly burbs hits tomorrow.

This is just a quick little jaunt down to the park in my section. A "section" in Levittown, PA, is what is known to most who live outside of L-town as a subdivision. Levittown, PA -- the birthplace of urban sprawl. Some will argue that was actually Levittown, NY, but then I question why they would argue something that silly. Besides, L-town, PA is way bigger than L-town, NY :lol:

Anyway, I took the trusty Mach One out for today's trip. This is my go-to bike, whenever I want to just jump on and ride.

20110322173034.jpg

We took a quick breather at the first bench we saw. Only my 3rd time on a bike since last June. I really need to get some exercise

20110322173233.jpg

I took a little detour along the creek (pronounced "crick" in Philly-ease)

20110322173409.jpg 20110322173438.jpg

I was hoping to cruise up in the woods to see if I could find a jump or two. It's way too muddy for that right now. I doubt I'd have made it 4 feet in without losing a shoe...

20110322173616.jpg

Across from the playground is pretty nice outdoor hockey rink. I hit the rink up on Saturday mornings solo-like for a little skate and shoot session before the young-bucks come in and take over.

20110322173808.jpg

After that, I headed back home for dinner. I'll have to take a little tour around some of the Levittown sections when time permits. Gotta plan a few hours for that to start. More to come when I do.

Mental note -- scale down the pic size on my cell phone. Wow those are huge!

Lee, I can't edit the post and had to move the photos to a different server. Any ideas on how to edit older posts? Still have the photos, just need to change the links.

Plus, I need to take a few more. Florida was so long ago.

Hopefully Steve or one of the mod-squad can fix you up with the edit-ability... :)

James, just host them on here?

I will hopefully have some riding shots from tomorrow if this weather holds up.

We like to cruise Newport Beach, Ca every so often. Such a good spot to recharge the batteries.

3322.jpg

3361.jpg

heres a bunch of us from todays show. The weather tried to ruin it but we rode on. I'm in the OSbmx jersey and on the old 'goose with Vbars.

031-1.jpg

I mostly just rode around my town last year with my little girl. Here's a few I got last fall while it was still pretty warm.

Schwinn Predator 24 mine 09.jpg

We always make it to the ice cream shop and check out the pet shop across the street. (all fish and reptiles pet shop)

Schwinn Predator 24 mine 10.jpg

Then it's usually down to the park by the lake.

Schwinn Predator 24 mine 12.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 1.jpg

I'll try to get some more this year. Hopefully she'll be out on her little bike with me. She's all about her tricycle still but is afraid of her 16" because she says it's too big. It was too big for her for a while, but I think she'll come around.

here's a couple spots we ride.

this is called Boo Park. Place was built for these people's son who was killed on a motorcycle.

boopark015.jpg

boopark006.jpg

boopark016.jpg

this is a Russian grave yard in the middle of a very small town of about 500 people. The epitaphs are in russian, cool creepy place

russiangraveyard.jpg

this place is off of skyline drive south of me where all the winery's are located. The drop off is about 150ft down.

skylinedrive.jpg

I went for my first big weekend ride yesterday. Didn't take a ton of pictures, but I did take a few.

Down at the new Brooklyn Bridge park, this is what you see if you aren't looking across the East River at the Manhattan skyline. I thought it was a bit surreal, a surface street, two layers of highway, some kind of overlook park on top of it with people, then residential buildings. It didn't seem real.

brooklyn.jpg

A cool motorcycle parked in Cobble Hill Brooklyn.

motorcycle.jpg

Bikes parked on Spring street in Soho while we grab a slice of pizza. My Firemans Texas Cruzer and my girl's new 1980 Klunker.

pizza.jpg

Cool gun shop sign in Little Italy.

Guns.jpg