Sign in to follow this  
MelvinsArmy

Where do you ride?

Looking thru all of your photo's, I cant help but feel we are all as one. We roll, we live, we love, we build and enjoy our bikes, as it should be. You east coast guys got the photo's of a lifetime, you cant beat some of the scenery, and architecture. And diverse photo opportunities.

Here in California, we have some great scenery too, from lakeside trails, to world class riding parks. The last few photos are from Lake Cunningham, where we had a great bike show last summer. Enjoy my side of the planet folks....

right_water04.jpg

right_water02.jpg

DSC05954.JPG

DSC06057.JPG

DSC06049.JPG

DSC06072.JPG

DSC06081.JPG

DSC06116.JPG

DSC06003.JPG

I am supprissed more people didn't keep this thread going... It inspired me to go grab some good shots of local riding area's. Today was memorial day, with parties everywhere, and a perfect sunny day, to go for a long ride.

I decided today to Fire up the old KOS-Cruiser, AND seek out a few of my old favorite riding area's, and pay homage to one jumping area, we call "THE ROCKS" up in San Carlos hills, a place some were bmx legends where made. The jump that turned kids into men, is still kinda there, very ungroomed. And the run from dropping in from over a curb, down into the jump, and up the far wall, launching us strait up, we used to table top,one handers, all kinds of style, jumping up and out of this pit. Here you can see in 1st photo, the curb we would hop, and drop in like a 1/2 pipe. And the 2nd photo shows where we would fly up the other side, strait up, it was a killer vert launching ramp.

I used to ride here with Pat Mckenna, better known in here as SE666.

throcks01.jpg

throcks02.jpg

It was called "THE ROCKS" FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. Here are a couple great shots of my KOS. With the San Carlos redrock giving these photo's a Mars like vibe. The red parts of the KOS really look good on the red soil.

throcks03.jpg

throcks04.jpg

Heres thru the center of this jump site, it has some cool jumps to offer.

throcks05.jpg

I also stopped by Central Park in San Mateo. The metal dog my bike is leaning against, has been there for many years. I have a photo somewhere of me and my sister, when we where 5 years old, climbing on this dog statue. I also got a few shots of the Electric train that gives kids rides on summer days. And, the Helicopter was part of a Memorial day celebration that was going on the the Park. Alot of stuff going on.... And lastly, the entrance to our Chinese Gardens. They have these tough little asian women working in there, if you even try and walk your bike into the Gardens, they atack you like Ninja Warriors. And chase you out.

central01.jpg

central02.jpg

central05.jpg

central07.jpg

central08.jpg

central011.jpg

Another place we would ride, was San Mateo creek. It had some nice single track, and a few jumps alond a windy creek side path. Its was also a place I would bring a lunch sometimes.

SMCREEK00.jpg

SMCREEK01.jpg

SMCREEK02.jpg

SMCREEK03.jpg

Another jumping site, here in the Bay area, is "Shell beach", in Foster City, it's also secretly known as the "Pisshole" DUE to a large puddle that was in the middle of this jumpsite. This has been here since the late 60's, or early 70's. As I have been riding out here since then. This was near to what used to be Beach Park cyclery. There are some serious jumps out here. There are a few I wont even try and ride on. I used to also ride here with Pat Mckenna, better known in here as SE666.

shellbeach03 - Copy.jpg

shellbeach06 - Copy.jpg

shellbeach01 - Copy.jpg

shellbeach04 - Copy.jpg

shellbeach07 - Copy.jpg

shellbeach02 - Copy.jpg

shellbeach05 - Copy.jpg

Ok guys, I am feeling like a post killer...Not likeing being a post killer..Doesn't anyone like my KOS,?? Fyi,its riding like a champ now...... Bumpy.... :op

And another thing, this post is a cool idea, lets see where you guys ride, take some photo's, you lazy bmx'rs... Lets see some other parts of the country, its cool to see where you guys are really from. Anyways, I did my part, I show'd you some of mine, so now, lets see some of yours!!!

Me on the street today. Not too exciting, lol.

Profile Prostyler green mine 22.jpg

Took a picture of my newest bike on Main Street in my town. (Indiana) Downtown was dead today. 91 degree high and everyone was out BBQ'n or at the beach by the lake I bet.

Profile Prostyler green mine 24.jpg

Doesn't anyone like my KOS,??

Yeah totally. Nice bike and riding spots.

New old kid here...

Ride this every time the emails stop coming through and the paint has to dry. It's in progress, the kids are learning and I'm remembering. That and the 5 year old and I scooted down to Fairview to play in the brush today. Santiago Creek tomorrow with some shovels...

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1473.jpg

I've got a lot of catching up to do, here comes a bunch of pics. :)

First, from a couple weeks ago there was a crazy haze over NYC. This is crossing the Williamsburg Bridge, looking South.

Haze.jpg

The World Trade Center enters the clouds again. :)

WTC haze.jpg

Riding up the East River on the Manhattan side, looking at Queens.

East River night.jpg

This is from today. The light in NYC was really incredible today for some reason. Here is the United Nations building.

UN.jpg

The Roosevelt Island Tramway, from the 59th Street Bridge.

Roosevelt.jpg

Housing projects with lots of trees and a Pink Floyd like power plant in the background, from the 59th Street Bridge.

Power.jpg

My reflection in a chrome windowed building in Long Island City.

reflection.jpg

Tom Cat Bakery trucks lined in in Long Island City.

Tom Cat.jpg

My bike on a foot bridge across some railroad tracks.

Firemans LIC.jpg

Some classic VWs in Greenpoint.

VW.jpg

Lastly, Radiac. A radioactive and hazardous waste storage facility in the heart of hipster Williamsburg. A good reason not to rent or buy property in Williamsburg.

Radiac.jpg

Took my son out to Ciclavia today. First time doing the ride, good times, no cars on the road. Will try and do it next year too.

Here's a shot of my son over the 110 freeway. The other shots are of some crazy creation. They call it a dinner bike, low gearing, seats 8. I shot a video, but not sure how to load it.

2012-10-07 19.59.55.png

2012-10-07 20.11.52.png

2012-10-07 20.12.54.png

wOW, THE 8 SEATER DINNER BIKE??? Thats different!!! :ThumbsUp:

No stop signs :Liv2ride: or speedlimit around here :-)

246781_414303781963469_486234486_n.jpg

Edited by BAD-SHOT

I've been dealing with some health issues for over a year now, so my riding is pretty much limited to the occasional spin around town. I thought it would be fun to join this thread so here's what I saw cruising around today.

001.JPG

If you've ever read Jack Kerouac's "The Dharma Bums" this is the San Luis Obispo train station he refers to in the beggining.

001-1.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

This statue pays tribute to the Chinese railroad workers.

004.JPG

Looking towards the future home of the San Luis Obispo Railroad Museum.

005-2.JPG

007.JPG

009.JPG

This old Panel truck was parked next to the museum building.

009-2.JPG

Strangest railroad car i've ever seen. Pretty sure that truck bed's off of a Chevy.

015.JPG

A little farther down around what used to be the freight yard.

015-2.JPG

I had to sell my JMC last week. Took the photos here.

016.JPG

019.JPG

The foundation of the old roundhouse.

030.JPG

This is "The Establishment". An old hotel turned into a boarding house. Notorious for having the wildest Halloween party in town. So many people try to crash it every year that, you can't go unless you know someone that lives there and they give you a ticket. Jack Kerouac lived here in the early 50's, before he was well known. The answers are, yes, yes, and right across the street.

032-1.JPG

There's public art all over town. Here a pair of ladies are painting on one of those boxes that house the controls for traffic lights. So far, i've not gone more than a few hundred yards from my apartment.

032-2.JPG

032-3.JPG

032-5.JPG

San Luis Obispo Creek runs right through (in some places, underneath) town on it's path to the Pacific. Steelhead really do swim up stream though town on their way to spawn.

033.JPG

The creek exiting from underground.

033-2.JPG

033-3.JPG

033-4.JPG

A couple more of the creek, right in the middle of downtown. I have more from around town to add later.

This time of year in Seattle; when you have a sunny day, you take advantage of it because you may not see the sun for another 9 months. So that's exactly what my daughter and I did this past Sunday.

Since she's still kind of shaky on the bike I didn't want her to ride in traffic so we loaded up the Mk1 GTI and headed to the bike trail.

73914_4414495734286_1725024608_n.jpg

We ended up at Gasworks park.

579586_4414505814538_1003553080_n.jpg

View of downtown Seattle accross Lake Union.

564939_4414325330026_1766335907_n.jpg

Took a little rest at local landmark The Wall of Death

539391_4414521254924_1617686440_n.jpg

My bike's not Old School but I'm still fond of it.

61146_4430572136186_619623249_n.jpg

This time of year in Seattle; when you have a sunny day, you take advantage of it because you may not see the sun for another 9 months. So that's exactly what my daughter and I did this past Sunday.

Since she's still kind of shaky on the bike I didn't want her to ride in traffic so we loaded up the Mk1 GTI and headed to the bike trail.

73914_4414495734286_1725024608_n.jpg

We ended up at Gasworks park.

579586_4414505814538_1003553080_n.jpg

View of downtown Seattle accross Lake Union.

564939_4414325330026_1766335907_n.jpg

Took a little rest at local landmark The Wall of Death

539391_4414521254924_1617686440_n.jpg

My bike's not Old School but I'm still fond of it.

61146_4430572136186_619623249_n.jpg

I always find those old structures interesting, so I googled Gas Works Park. Looks like a neat place. I would definitely visit it if I were ever in Seattle. Sweet GTI by the way.

Continuing on from yesterdays posts. From the previous photos of the creek, I turned around.

038.JPG

Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa.

048.JPG

050.JPG

051.JPG

Mission Plaza. Free friday concerts in the summer. Also the starting point of the monthly "Bike Happening", which is sort of an anti-Critical Mass ride. To much to get into here, it deserves its own post.

055.JPG

This is on the other side of the plaza. Every once in awhile, somebody with a band will sneak in and play a mini show late at night, one time it was with a pedal powered generator. 3 or 4 songs at most before the cops kick them out.