Sign in to follow this  
MelvinsArmy

Where do you ride?

Just did about 8 miles on my Firemans, no pics though.

Yesterday we did a Sting-Ray ride. That was fun, even in the 100 degree heat.

80140640-6BB1-46F7-86D8-6E0DC32715E1.jpeg

Great shots in this post of some incredible riding spots! We don't get out much beyond our own neighborhood, but when we can I like to lug some bikes to, or rent, in Newport Beach, CA. Back in the '80s my mom's boyfriend took us from Palm Springs to Balboa/Newport and I cruised the boardwalk on my red and gold 1980 Diamond Back. I had such a great time that I still like to make the trek from AZ to the beach for this ride. I have taken my Nurse Betty White and Blue, 2007 OM Flyer on this route back during a Huntington/Newport cruise related to a BMX Society Reunion and I have taken my red 1999 Torker on the ride as well. It's a little small for me, but that big-but seat makes all the difference. 

IMG_5266.JPG

IMG_5267.JPG

This isn't my bike--I shot it at the 2014 Reunion (can anyone claim it?), but I had a one just like it. 

_MG_8243BMXS2014.JPG

• Like 1

Great pics.  The bikes are dope. :ThumbsUp:

Wow, an amazing variety of bikes there. So many 20"ers there. Not an easy cruise on the smaller bikes. 

It was no big deal when we were teen agers, it was what was done. But 24" and 26" are so much more comfortable....for me anyway. :-) 

I was going to ask where you guys are but I looked at you member id and see you are down under. If you have any pics showing your location, something would be of interest to the rest of us up here, add them on please. 

Newcastle NSW , our ride is around 14klms or 8 Miles 

Starting at the PUB out to Nobbys breakwall , stop at Nobby surf club for a cold one then out to the Skate park 

Then reverse that on the way back , lots of places to stop on the way 

I do a few basic videos sometimes , check out my channel for the others I have done 

Still learning the art of video :cool2:

Ride.jpg

• Like 1

Cool video, great quality. But I'm not sure I could ride that slow. LOL!!!!! 

I am actually envious of those who can ride slow and enjoy the moment.  Between 38 years of a fast paced day to day work ethic as a delivery driver for UPS doing between 160  and 220 delivery stops a day and it just feels right to ride a bike fast, I find it difficult to ride slow. (but that's just me)

Again, cool stuff. 

• Like 1

Sydney BMXPO 2019 Ride on Saturday, show on Sunday 

Ride yesterday, got a few pics & videos

Check out the cinelli & the mod on the MX2 lever, stunning bike 

IMAG3272.jpg

IMAG3273.jpg

Edited by TOY24
  • Like 1

Diggin checking out the pics.  That lever mod is cool.  

I like the pic of the bikes lined up on the fence with the battleship in the back. 

San Dimas High School Football RULES!!!