Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BMX Society Reunion & Show 2010 @ BELLFLOWER BMX

Mad love for museum member RADbandit.

Coming all the way down from Dutch Harbor, AK bowdownAll.gif

is there a scooter category?

we don't have a scooter class, as last year was really the first time I remember some scooters coming out. (was that you?).

We are definitely oriented towards pedals, but if you are really in to it, I'd consider letting you tag on to the hack / tandem, etc. class, as an "etc".

Bummer... same weekend as the ABA Roseville national.

Well, I guess I'll get to read about it here...

+1

You should come all the way down, Bourke. There's many nationals in the year... but only one BIG SHEBANG

we don't have a scooter class, as last year was really the first time I remember some scooters coming out. (was that you?).

We are definitely oriented towards pedals, but if you are really in to it, I'd consider letting you tag on to the hack / tandem, etc. class, as an "etc".

yea i had the black gt zoot scoot and another friend brought some mongooses.i have 2 zoot scoots now and was hoping to show them off.that's awesome about letting me enter them in "hack/tandem,etc category" i appreciate it,thanks.

Please note that only registered attendees are eligible for awards in the bike show.

Please note that only registered attendees are eligible for awards in the bike show.

well last year i didn't register because i didn't feel like i stood a chance but i registered for this year so hopefully i'll get a vote or 2!

If we wish to ride the track, is a full face helmet required or will a skatepark type helmet suffice?

I know the requirements (long sleeve, long pants etc) were posted in one of the other threads, I just can't find it amongst the few on the go.

hah.....im coming from Ri

Yeah, but did they film Deadliest Catch in Rhode Island?...I didn't think so laugh.gif

hah.....im coming from Ri

James, open face is probably ok, but I'm not sure if a skate helmet will cut it at the track. It depends on the track people I think. Probably something we should check on.

I'll try to get more info next week when I'm in the US, but the rules will be standard ABA criteria.

Thanks. Based on Doug's post I checked out the ABA rules and the following is in regard to apparel.

A. Apparel

1. All riders must wear helmets with a permanent strap attached; snaps are not allowed. Helmets must have sufficient padding and be of good quality. The ABA highly recommends a full-face helmet or a helmet that covers the ears.

2. All riders must wear enclosed shoes, which are sufficient to protect the rider's feet.

3. It is recommended that riders wear long pants. Loose fitting short pants made of tear-resistant material are permitted and used in combination with a one-piece knee and shin guard with a rigid surface. There must be no ex-posed skin shows above the knee or below the skin guard extending to above the ankle. The short pants fabric must have a minimum of 3 inches of doubled up excess material, without stretching the fabric. This shall be measured by pinching the fabric between the index finger and thumb. All combinations of shorts with knee and shin guards are subject to the approval of the ABA and/or Track Operator.

4. It is recommended that riders wear long sleeved shirts. Short sleeved shirts and sufficient elbow protection is allowable subject to the approval of the ABA and/or Track Operator,

Source - ABA rules

So it looks like a skatepark type helmet is fine as they only recommend one that covers the ears. I'm happy to ask Tammy however I don't want her to be inundated with the same questions from a bunch of us so Steve, if you are speaking with her and remember, can you please ask.

Yep. 36_2_25[1].gif

My experiences are ABA track operators are fine with skate helmets.

Stephen

I ride @ Bellflower 3x a week, many riders sporting skate helmets, Tammy doesn't seem to have a problem w/them...

Just a quick note on the bike show component of the event...

On the morning of June 5th, those of you who are registered and who would like to enter bikes in the show will go to the BMXS table and enter the bikes' details into the master ledger - the category, your name, and the bear essential details of the bike. Each of your show bikes will be issued a unique number and a hang tag.

That's it. It's really pretty simple.

Your main responsibility is just to come correct. :wink:

Okay I've been confirming riders for the Freestyle show,Mike Dominguez is in, Eddie Fiola,Lee Reynolds,Andy Shohara,Tony Murray,Rich Sigur is going to come if he is in Town,Todd Anderson wanted to come but has an event that weekend so may not make it,Blyther and X-Man are doing the Montclaire City show they put on every year But will come out afterwards,Mike D said he would try to get Ron Wilkerson to come down and ride too, Woody is coming but is going to chill and show off some bikes this year, he is bringing Martin, Dave Voelker is going to be in Town on June 5th so he said he is coming up also, Yeah Lord Voelker! Dave will be doing shows this summer with Matt Hoffman at Disney World in Florida so check it out if you can, I talked to Oscar Gonzalez at Woodward and he said they are looking forward to come down,It would be cool to get Maurice Meyer and Hugo Gonzalez to Ride too and of course our host the man the legend Danny Hubbard! this is going to be Awesome! Bikes,Bros,and riding! see you on June 5th

Special thanks to Jimmy Garrett for hooking up the spot, Thanks Jim you da man!!!!!!

A note to people who registered or will register on site:

There will be a BMX Society table set up by 8:30 or so that morning. You can pick up your registration gear, and then if you have bikes to put in the show, you will move on to the bike registration leger. They will assign each of your bikes a unique ID number and jot dot some essential details. Then you hang the bike tag that they will give you on your handle bars.

After that, set back, enjoy.

I just bought an EZ-Up for the event... I seem to remember them from last time I went, but figure I would ask if it is cool to bring it.

absolutely. encouraged even.