Sign in to follow this  
rankinken

Let's See Your Number Plates

those pics are amazing shingle. 36_2_25[1].gif

i dig that front snap cap on the bushes.

Here's a few I've collected.

Picked this one up from Everette Rosecrans a couple years ago at Bellflower. It was missing a number, but the shadow was still there so I bought a NOS number and distressed it to match. He said he thought it might be one of Pistol Petes plates, but I never found any supporting evidence of that.

photo 1.jpg

Picked this one up in a trade a while back

photo 2.jpg

Ebay, I think

photo 3.jpg

Ebay

photo 4.jpg

Ebay again

photo 5.jpg

And again...

photo.jpg

Here's a 1980 Powerlite plate I picked up from Mark "Gonzo" Darcy who was a factory Powerlite rider in '79&'80. This is his National #10 cruiser plate from '80.

These NEVER show up for sale so I was totally stoked to get it!

Resampled_2011-06-07_15-48-26_44.jpg

Just got this one yesterday! Stoked on this one too and it was his last plate he ran for Team Powerlite on 20". Almost looks new...

57plate.JPG

And I was stoked that he signed this one for me!! "Gonzo"

57plate2.JPG

Very cool powerlite relics, Greg.

Here's a few of my old gems. Most are my own personal plates. Some were ones I got from a couple of old timers. The Proto plate is a crazy story. I sold one on my old bikes to a friend with the plate on it. A few months back, that same old friend contacts me through Facebook and we get to chatting. He says remember that bike you sold me way back when? I said yes sir I do. He says, I don't have the bike anymore, but I still have the plate that was on it. He then asks me if I want it. I said hell yeah!! He said it probably meant more to me them him. The Proto plate is exactly as if was when I sold him the bike back in about 1980. Right down to the stickers on the plate. Crazy!!

DistrictPlate.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

bottemaccplate.JPG

bottemaplate1.JPG

IMG_1491.jpg

My-old-proto.jpg

Here was my number when I was 16 expert, in the Nba...What the hell, clik on black area, and the photo appears!

champ_plate.jpg

This is my first number plate that I made out of Plexiglas in 1979. It was on my first BMX bike, a 1979 Schwinn 36/36 Scrambler. A picture of the bike is in my profile. It is amazing that this plate survived in my parent's basement until I fished it out of there a few years back.

number-plate.jpg

This thread hasnt received nearly enough love. Post em up.

Heres a few I had. Actually this is the same exact plate set up 2 different ways.

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

WOW the zeronine moto control was my plate of choice also. Great job saving them.

Ok, I'll play. But I have a lot of mine. :)

Looking back thru my pictures, it is amazing how many racers were making their own numbers. Bob Haro had only been doing plates for a short while at this time.

This is one of my first attempts at cutting my own numbers. I like the race picture that goes with it as that is Bob on the inside of the turn.

Bakersfield (2) - resize.jpg

img705 - resize.jpg

Glad somebody bumped this.

I was involved in this thread early on when I was trying to duplicate my old plates. I was finally able to do one (and is my avatar pic now.)

I have an original ABA Cal- 6 decal that I used to make a copy of for my repro plate. I made it for the Man Room to hang on the wall.

Eventually I will have a duplicate of all of my as issued ABA plates for the walls.

Attached are pics of the decal, and a detail crop of my first ABA plate with different numbers. This is going to be the hardest plate to duplicate. I think the numbers are are Preston Petty, but I am not sure.

CA-6 Stkr Cropped.jpg

RnR 1981 (5) Copy for Plate.jpg