Sign in to follow this  
BMX4LIFE

87 CW's did not come in pink color info and pics inside.

Are you sure it's not Rhodomine Red?

Personally I'm not a fan of naming colors after fruit given the seasonal differences in hue...

Have you considered using the Pantone Matching System for an accurate description?

There is nothing gay about a number

Unless it's PMS 806

I find nothing funny about this. I was just trying to give people the truth on CW colors for that year. Here are pictures to show the different bikes and what CW calls the colors. The first picture is pink. The second picture is lavender. The third picture is called Raspberry according to CW. You can also clearly see that the colors are different. Thats all I am saying. If you have a problem with the name of the color being raspberry you need to take it up with CW because that's what they call the color.

I agree there is nothing funny about this so called pigment fiasco. So which of the three pink bikes is yours? This is like playing "Where's Waldo?" !

Stephen

It's Rasberry, Porsche Rasberry

Thats an awesome Ghia! SoCal car if I remember right. Even the girl looks familiar?....

Oh, nice Radberry!

I am done speaking on the color of my CW. Hope Enjoy the bike...

see , obviously you cannot be trusted . you still spoke on the color .

Edited by 1966bmx

I've had it. I'm calling Juan right now to get to the bottom of this. :power.of.suggestion:

I purchased a set of Crayola washable markers a couple weeks ago for my children. I was just just looking at them and I will let the picture tell the rest of the story.

P7061045.JPG

Maybe you can use that pink marker to fill in some of those paint chips... :Power.Grin:

It's a shade of pink called raspberry, move on already...

That doesn't look like Rasperry Squirt or Dinky Pink. I now realize that it's undeniably Fuchsia.

So class today we have learned his bike is not dinky pink and not quite raspberry squirt. We have also learned Crayola has some dirty sounding names for colors that are very similar in color to the now infamous not quite pink CW.

Ps I thought you and your CW were cooler when it was just pink.

Stephen

This is like a Donald Ray post with good grammer.

I am far from a Donald Ray. You all can Call it what you want. All I am saying is that CW calls the color of my bike Raspberry not pink... :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

I understood that from the 1st of 5 pages. Nice pink bike though.

dude all the people who would of cared enough to make valuable comments on this thread no longer post on the site. All your going to get is comments from people who find it amusing and/or don't like either color Pink or Raspberry. We used to debate things like this all the time (Peregrine mags come to mind) and with the right audience you can dig up some good info on how things changed over the years. For instance the 85 GT Performer in Purple is different by more than one hue when compared to the 86 year model. Even Hutch pink has been debated and some believe that overseas Trick Stars came in a darker hutch pink then the US made versions. Some people are unaware that Hutch made a true blue Hutch Trick Star (not baby blue or candy blue) just plain blue. I think all of these facts are important and should be discussed and documented for future reference.

I've been searching for 7 years tiring like hell to find a set of PURPLE Skyway Tuff II's and I've only ever seen one set ! They made them and I know it but some will argue that they were all one shade of purple which I've come to know as lavender. All I know is my CW (what a quwinky dink) has lavender and needs purple because the pads, decals and seat don't look right to me

I truly despise reading hate post on freestyle

I know some of it is in good fun and I'm not saying this whole thread was a freestyle bash session but some of you never change

Freestyle bash session? Huh?

I know some of it is in good fun and I'm not saying this whole thread was a freestyle bash session

Freestyle bash session? Huh?

dude read what's there not what you want to read :ThumbsUp:

Bri,

The Peregrine mag thread was very informative. That was important. I also believe it's important that we know that CW had different shades of PINK and called them different names. But to debate that raspberry isn't a shade of pink is a little absurd in my opinion.

That's like me saying Purple Reign isn't lavender. (Oh no, I've said too much). :)

Bri,

The Peregrine mag thread was very informative. That was important. I also believe it's important that we know that CW had different shades of PINK and called them different names. But to debate that raspberry isn't a shade of pink is a little absurd in my opinion.

That's like me saying Purple Reign isn't lavender. (Oh no, I've said too much). :)

it's really not though Lee Purple Reign is a name Hutch came up with to associate Lavender directly to the Hutch brand much like Futuristic Black

while Lavender and Raspberry are actual colors

Look I know it looks and sounds silly for grown men to discuss the difference between pink and raspberry but in all honesty there is a difference.

Coming from an Irish/German family all we do is get drunk and argue...we love that shit ! It's our family's favorite past time. and if there is one thing I've learned growing up it's that you can argue about most anything... all it takes is two people to disagree on something

from there it's all about who wants to argue MORE ! Who wants to get the last WORD ! Who can PROVE what they are arguing is TRUE and they are usually crowned the victor of said argument

In this case you've got one guy who wants to prove a point and educate us on a paint variation that may have otherwise been overlooked. Not saying it holds any historical or significant value but it is valid information and most of the people who have contributed to the thread have either discarded it and insulted the guy or acted like it was useless information.

I think the reason this thread is so long and drawn out is because most people keep coming back and taunting him and they refuse to acknowledge the difference which he clearly displayed a number of times

I see that it's raspberry and I'm glad he brought it up. Now if someone asks my advice on color matching that bike I will suggest white or black over pink because it will be hard to match the Raspberry pigment that CW offered their bike in

some of you act like if your bike ain't chrome or black your wee wee will fall off and boobs start to surface

more about this bike here.

Hey didn't Snortin' blow out about a thousand and one of these a couple of years back NOS in the box?? I also seem to remember many of them ended up in the hands of the wife's and girlfriends of the buyers too.

oh god.....Love ya Brian but people are having fun, not bashing on freestyle

dude I know your just fuskin with the guy, he takes it well and you know better then anyone here that I love that shit ! All we do is bust on one another and I eat it up. Talkin shit with you might be one of my favorite things to do. Your my brother except we get along LOL I see tons of good humor in here but there is some stuff that's just straight out belligerent and unnecessary

hey I should'a jus kept my mouth shut it's no biggie

Hell no, don't keep yo mouth shut. I think purple reign is a custom name and shade invented by hutch but it is indeed lavander.

Same here with the Cw raspberry and pink.

We all get it's different but the same.

Said homeboy is a good sport for sure.

See you in Wildwood mang!

Bwa ha...that's great, Michael. I don't think I've everheard "spindrift" before. Everything else... yes.

oh god.....Love ya Brian but people are having fun, not bashing on freestyle

No really I'm not kidding! I went to Snortie's pad a few years back and it was just after one of his big truckload scores. he had NOS CW's in the box and as I recall most were in shades of pink. His garage was jammed and stacked floor to ceiling with them. He blew them out on ebay.

Not much later I remember being at some event, I think it was a beach ride. a couple of gals there with their guys were on brand new minty fresh pink CW's! NoBS.gif