Sign in to follow this  
3rdgear

My 1st attempt at a mini build

I have had this for about 3 yrs and I finally finished it.

'83 MRD mini expert

Frame Fillet Brazed reynolds 531

Fork aluminum

Stem ESP

Cranks Profile magnatanium

Pedals Titron mini

Hubs SR sealed

Rims Araya aero hard anno

seat clamp Rubicon

Picture 012.jpg

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 015.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 013.jpg

Thats a cool little scoot. Love the hi tech minis.

Very cool, all kinds of rareness with that set-up. Would love for a Pro sized MRD to fall from the sky and into my garage. Good work Brett, if any mini were to be an overall BOTY contender, that would be one to do it.

Thanks for the props, the F/F were NOS when built. I guess there were only 10 sets of Titron mini pedals ever made and only 2-3 sets of the cranks known to be around.

ever since i saw this in the "all mini" thread,i was wondering when this would be completed. awesome!!! :ThumbsUp:

i'm curious,did they ever make a "mini" e.s.p. quill stem?

It's really cool. I never heard of Titron mini pedals...sweet!

Is that a cut-nose Uni Turbo? I like that.

Yes it is a cut nose, I have a NOS hammerhead but for some reason it will not fit in the seat tube. It's a larger diameter then the seat tube and I did not want to force it and ruin the seat.

Nice, especally love those cranks

Anyone know who made the forks? I have seen them on some other older minis from the UK.

awesome , i love it, what year did the cranks first come out? I have heard profile did some mini cranks bitd but this is the first time i have seen them, i would love a set of those. .. Tim March, watching him when i used to race back in the day,

(not on a mini though, ,lol)

pretty spectacular little scoot cool.gif

This bike is exotica at it's best. Everyone knows the real trickery is in the minis. Nice job Brett. Always dig your builds.

Damn Bret, that thing looks like you need to tie weights to the tires so it doesn't float away...

Total exotic. The more I see these, the more I understand the motivation to do one. Having a set of Magnataniums would also be a motivator.

Beautiful bike, well done.

awesome , i love it, what year did the cranks first come out? I have heard profile did some mini cranks bitd but this is the first time i have seen them, i would love a set of those. .. Tim March, watching him when i used to race back in the day,

The Magnatanium mini cranks came out in 1985 and were special order only. There are supposedly 2 sets known to exist-Bret owns a set and myself but there are others...less than 10 I would believe.

...and a cool little bastard...nice ESP mini stem.

The Magnatanium mini cranks came out in 1985 and were special order only. There are supposedly 2 sets known to exist-Bret owns a set and myself but there are others...less than 10 I would believe.

...and a cool little bastard...nice ESP mini stem.

Thanks for that info, you both have a set , nice :Power.Grin: can you post some close ups pics of the cranks, I am very interested, i love mini builds, what length arms did they come out in ?? ..

I thought Aggy would have chimed in, he is the master of the Mini builds.

This is an Interesting build for sure. You dont see many MRDs state side.

I love those pedals. I wanted to use them too but I thought they are too early for my Hutch Lawsuit.

Tim March was actually the first European to start his own BMX bike company. (MRD) March Racing Development started on January 1st 1984. Your bike is more than likely an 84 or 85 Brett. Do you have a serial #?

I will get it, but as far as the year I guess that's what I get useing the Museum as a ref. I know in '85-86 the stickers changed so I guess it is a '84