Sign in to follow this  
AGUILAR3

2010 VDC lineup

These things must weigh a ton.

And they are Fugly.

And the welded seat Post will bend (especially with some 250+ dude bouncing on the springy seat)

And the execution is kind of blehh the white walls and the color combo of the 26 looks very wal goose to me for some reason..

I will stick with my laguna and my speedster.

Well, I've been in contact with Voris and I'm in on a 26"er frame, fork and bars. Shit man, built in the Usa using full 4130 by Voris himself for very reasonable money. Im going custom so if you want one, it might be different.

Thanks aggy

Well, I've been in contact with Voris and I'm in on a 26"er frame, fork and bars. Shit man, built in the Usa using full 4130 by Voris himself for very reasonable money. Im going custom so if you want one, it might be different.

Thanks aggy

I'm going custom also with a 2011 VDC 20" Freestyler. Voris Dixon and I worked on the specs for the bike together. The serial # is my late sister's D.O.B. The frame set should be painted and ready for shipment by the end of next week, thank you Voris!

20inchfreestyle001.jpg

20inchfreestyle3002.jpg

20inchfreestyle3003.jpg

20inchfreestyle3005.jpg

It will be this color:

Damiencolor-1.jpg

All pics by VDC.

Edited by dpercival

I can't wait to see it...

Me too.

I was curious if he was going to build something like to the older Freestyle 20"ers.

It looks very similar, besides the forks.

:)

I think they are all pretty ugly. :Idunno:

Crazy ...I like that cruiser

The 24 frame looks good. I liked the old VDC's so it's no suprise. It would be nice to see a v brake option.

I finished up my 2010 VDC Freestyler 20 tribute build. I would like to thank Voris Dixon for all of his creative energy in this build, he has fabricated a bike that I am sure my sister Sarah would have loved.

IMG_3507.JPG

IMG_3508.JPG

I think you did a terrific job on that bike! I really like the results! Very cool gesture to your sister.

Thank you for you kind words, I am changing the gear sizes from 25/9 to 42/16. I tried to be all new school and rock 25/9, but it just doesn't look right. I'll post pics once I switch out the chainwheel for a spider/chainring combo, it should give it that old school flair I am looking for.

Edited by dpercival

Even great writers have an editor.

...or, to paraphrase the late great poet Robert Lowell: even bad cooking can take up an entire day.

That said, I am no engineer, so I don't know if there are mechanical advantages to these VDC designs. Despite their awkward look, maybe they are seriously killer forks. For me, I could get beyond the look if they are somehow superior forks.

What if your wife-to-be had gone with the following thought: Wow! He's a phenomenal guy, but that nose is going to be tough to look at....

(Actually, I'm sure some of you will say you'd be better off :OffWith:)

Thank you for you kind words, I am changing the gear sizes from 25/9 to 42/16. I tried to be all new school and rock 25/9, but it just doesn't look right. I'll post pics once I switch out the chainwheel for a spider/chainring combo, it should give it that old school flair I am looking for.

IMG_3592.JPG

IMG_3593.JPG