Sign in to follow this  
401flightcranks

How do you Potts Mod a Hutch deep H stem?

Im not sure if anyone here will have an answer to this question or not. I have an original, Hutch deep H stem that I need to convert to a Potts Mod stem for an early Hutch Trick Star. Due to the short length of the stem's shaft, I know that the following parts won't work because they are too long: ACS Potts Mod bolt and the hollow bolt from a Hutch Western H stem with the longer shaft. If these bolts are trimmed down, there is no thread left for the wedge.

How does one perform the Potts Modification to a Hutch deep H stem? I know it was done back in the day, but I'm not sure what type of hollow bolt was used.

Im not sure if anyone here will have an answer to this question or not. I have an original, Hutch deep H stem that I need to convert to a Potts Mod stem for an early Hutch Trick Star. Due to the short length of the stem's shaft, I know that the following parts won't work because they are too long: ACS Potts Mod bolt and the hollow bolt from a Hutch Western H stem with the longer shaft. If these bolts are trimmed down, there is no thread left for the wedge.

How does one perform the Potts Modification to a Hutch deep H stem? I know it was done back in the day, but I'm not sure what type of hollow bolt was used.

I don't know how it was done back then but do know it isn't any big deal to cut the bolt to length and rethread it. Might be the easiest option