Sign in to follow this  
lboorse2

Original Decals Thread

cool pick up on that laguna catalog...glad you got it. 36_2_25[1].gif

love those decals too.

(this is the survivor (decal already applied thread)

post the NOS (unstuck decals) here: http://bmxsociety.co...-decals-thread/

Original shop sticker "Race & Ride" of League City.

jmc_shop_sticker.jpg

(my next project, sneak peek) :)

I've been working on a replica bike of a friend or mine's now for a while. I finally got this old frame sticker off, flipped around and on to the top tube. I'll be finished with this one real soon.

I don't know how it came to be on the bottom tube, maybe someone replaced it or moved it way back in the day to be like a lot of other bikes with it on the down tube?, I don't know, but I've had this one about 7-8 years and you can tell it's been on there way before I ever got it.

1_Mongoose Motomag phil 00.jpg

I was pretty happy to get it off in one piece. With the little holes and tears in it, I was kind of worried about this one.

2_Mongoose Motomag Phil 01.jpg

Unfortunately 100% of the sticky stuff stayed on the frame, but some super strong spray adhesive did the trick.

3_Mongoose Motomag Phil 02.jpg

This should work.

4_Mongoose Motomag Phil 03.jpg

I've been working on a replica bike of a friend or mine's now for a while. I finally got this old frame sticker off, flipped around and on to the top tube. I'll be finished with this one real soon.

I don't know how it came to be on the bottom tube, maybe someone replaced it or moved it way back in the day to be like a lot of other bikes with it on the down tube?, I don't know, but I've had this one about 7-8 years and you can tell it's been on there way before I ever got it.

1_Mongoose Motomag phil 00.jpg

I was pretty happy to get it off in one piece. With the little holes and tears in it, I was kind of worried about this one.

2_Mongoose Motomag Phil 01.jpg

Unfortunately 100% of the sticky stuff stayed on the frame, but some super strong spray adhesive did the trick.

3_Mongoose Motomag Phil 02.jpg

This should work.

4_Mongoose Motomag Phil 03.jpg

Re-mounting an original decal.

Very cool! Glad you were able to save the decals. :)

This 'Bolt' sticker is not factory (hand cut by me) but it is original to my hack from late 76.

scan0067.jpg

Hack 2010 (2) - Copy.JPG

scan0067 - Copy.jpg

Seeing Shinglehead's awesome toolbox prompted me to post my OG race box - still in use for all my bike tools.

000_0294.JPG

000_0295.JPG

I can't believe we haven't seen this since August... seems like last month or so.

Time flies.

I'm so impressed with what you did there, Don... holy smokes, that's a clinic on next level restoration.

DG "Green Duck" cruiser decals. If you look at the bottom right of the decal is says DG in smaller text.

037.jpg

040.jpg

045.jpg

I already posted this in another thread, but since this thread has to do with original decals, I thought I would post it here too. This is hand-made clear plexiglas number plate. Mine from bitd, 1978/1979. The stickers were all bought bitd.

That would be a real headtube decal for an early Redline (the size is the same) but I think it was a BITD re-pop because it is on clear plastic and not white plastic. I think they were repopping decals even back then ! Maybe someone else knows...

DSC00007.jpg

Notice the Hutch decal. Back then Hutch was a BMX mail order shop where I got a lot of parts.

DSC00009.jpg

This plate survived about 25 years in my parent's basement. Got lucky on that one.

DG "Green Duck" cruiser decals. If you look at the bottom right of the decal is says DG in smaller text.

037.jpg

040.jpg

045.jpg

Those stickers fckin rule!!! Thats only the 2nd time ive ever seen those! Your frame must be pretty early to have them.Ive only seen them on the 3bar first gen DG cruiser!

All Genuine NOS - no 'pops.

IMGP4758.JPG

PJ :)

Here's a cool shop display board that I got off ebay a couple years ago. Some good ones on it, but not all are totally OG I'm sure.

PC220210.JPG

frames 012 (3).JPG

1978 JMC oval tube standard long.

frames 006.JPG

1975ish Malvern Star 'Dragstar' long.

frames 009.JPG

1979 Webco Replica.

frames 006 (2).JPG

1976 R&R CMII.

DSCN6178.JPG

1975ish Speedo Duals.

frames 032.JPG

1975 Redline Squareback.

PJ :)

bottom of my GJS freestyler frame

GJS_bottom decal_sized.jpg

Once built DIRECT LINK by REACH

That Direct Link is clean. Those were built in Mesa, AZ. by my good buddy Woody Woodruff. He still has the original 4 Team rider frames. I believe he has some t-shirts and decals left as well. Cool bikes and he still builds custom bikes to this day. Here's a shot of a Custom one off 26" race bike he built me back in 2000. It's all Easton tubed frame and fork.Checl the Profile 3-speed set-up in the rear with the RRS'ish rear drop outs!! Oh, yea, all OG decals too! :ThumbsUp:

my26woody.jpg

Woodybike 003.jpg