Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BOTY Comments and Bike Discussion

This is the comment and discussion thread. Each year we maintain a special thread designated for comments about the bikes and event. If you want to make comments on the BOTY submissions, let's try to keep them in this thread. Feel free to chat it up and post links to what you are oggling, but let's keep the submission and voting threads clutter free. This will be pinned to the top of the BOTY forum.

:Liv2ride:

Scott!

That Texas Firemans Cruiser looks really nice! Super functional with just a hint of old school flare, and TransAm aesthetic.

I love the "Don't fuck with it - disclaimer sticker on the bars"

Good to see you giving the JMC a little break from daily duty too :)

if I was taller I'd be looking into one of those.

http://bmxsociety.com/topic/49783-retro-replica-custom-build-bmx-projects/

Thanks Matt! Yeah, the JMC can take it easy now. I still ride the snot out of it, but the big bike is the main cruiser now. I let my girlfriend ride it and she loved it so much that she wants one of her own, I couldn't believe it.

Your TA is incredible Matt!

Is that Firemans Burt Reynolds approved? Love it.

Matt, did I miss that RL or is this the first time you're posting it here? Dig it. Man, I missed a lot this past year.

Matt, did I miss that RL or is this the first time you're posting it here? Dig it. Man, I missed a lot this past year.

Thanks Lee,

I've been getting it together slowly over the past few years. Sort of a combo of 84-87 parts.

I need to snap a few better pics of it. I finished it off before Mike's Octoberfest in Rhode Island 2 months ago.

it actually rides incredible. Nice and roomy - and dialed in perfectly. Those DC 880s work surprisingly well - even with thos old 1985 DC pads. I was a little shocked.

:)

:lol: I should see if I can find a gold "Bandit" decal for it. That TransAm, Sammy Swindell's TMC sprint car and Fittipaldi's Lotus were all influences. I've always loved black and gold bikes and cars.

Probably the biggest influence:

:lol: I should see if I can find a gold "Bandit" decal for it. That TransAm, Sammy Swindell's TMC sprint car and Fittipaldi's Lotus were all influences. I've always loved black and gold bikes and cars.

Does that mean I have to admit my GJS was modeled after Jackie Gleason's roof-less Brown cop car?

:P

bandit-sheriff07.jpg

Does that mean I have to admit my GJS was modeled after Jackie Gleason's roof-less Brown cop car?

:P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Next ride we can do a bmx interpretation a Smokey and the Bandit chase scene.

Next ride we can do a bmx interpretation a Smokey and the Bandit chase scene.

Lee can be "Jooonyyaa" and ride on my handlebars.

Start workin' on that mustache, chest hair, and bandit giggle.

yup . i just threw my hat into the 79 and earlier . it had to go there as it was not really a survivor . i built it with used parts . i have another i am trying to finish too . not sure that will go in or not .

PATRICK!!!!

That GJS Freestyler is INSANE! Perfect... I love the Pro Fit (freestyle conversion) I can honestly say that i've never seen that on any bike before. Major props on the whole thing!!! :)

And DK hubs... sheeeeeiiiitt! :dance:

I don't really think of my self as a "retro guy"... but I have to say I really like every bike that has been entered in that class so far. Freakin' sweet.

Good start gents... all around.

Christian... I love the Gboy clean up shot with the wine in the frame. That's the good life.

good wine, good bmx's and a wife that lets you clean bikes on the couch. life is good! :lol:

good wine, good bmx's and a wife that lets you clean bikes on the couch. life is good! :lol:

AMAZING BIKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it !

So far so good boys. I'm out. Nothing is here yet and the chrome plater has gone on xmas holidays.

Nothing else is worthy so I'm out for another year..

I had mine sprayed, then volcano rained on my parade, by sending me a picture of the actual colour my bike should have been. Back to paint I guess.

I do love Mick really! :lol:

I may have to rebuild a few things and get something out there. We'll see what happens.

He's a good lad that Mick.

he certainly is one of the good ones.

Wow, this is awesome! I can't wait to see all the bikes. I've got a couple I've built, and acquired over this year I'll probably submit.

Question - Survivor category... this would exclude a survivor F/F that has been built up, correct? Even though using all survivor parts, it actually has to be a bike that has had minimal changes post 1995, correct?

Just want to make sure before I submit.

Thanks! Awesome!

Looks like I'm out this year as well, I have a couple I wanted to enter but still waiting on a few small parts to finish them, guess they'll have to wait till next year.

Wow, this is awesome! I can't wait to see all the bikes. I've got a couple I've built, and acquired over this year I'll probably submit.

Question - Survivor category... this would exclude a survivor F/F that has been built up, correct? Even though using all survivor parts, it actually has to be a bike that has had minimal changes post 1995, correct?

Thanks! Awesome!

I believe the survivor class is for true survivors.

This brings up a good question though, wasn't there talk last year about adding a survivor build class so they wouldn't be in with the fresh builds and repaints?

Looks like I'm out this year as well, I have a couple I wanted to enter but still waiting on a few small parts to finish them, guess they'll have to wait till next year.

Thanks! Awesome!

This brings up a good question though, wasn't there talk last year about adding a survivor build class so they wouldn't be in with the fresh builds and repaints?

I think there is, that is what I'm referring to. There seems to be OS categories, and then one for true survivors. I basically have a beautiful survivor frame/fork/bars, that I'm going to put together with survivor parts... I just don't know if that is fitting into the spirit of the category. Just want to make sure I'm following the rules, and I understand everything. Sorry to sound like a newb. :)

Thanks! Awesome!

I think there is, that is what I'm referring to. There seems to be OS categories, and then one for true survivors. I basically have a beautiful survivor frame/fork/bars, that I'm going to put together with survivor parts... I just don't know if that is fitting into the spirit of the category. Just want to make sure I'm following the rules, and I understand everything. Sorry to sound like a newb. :)

as far as i know your bike would have to go in the proper year category . a survivor bike would need to be essentially a complete survivor as found other than a clean up . with maybe only grip and tires changes . maybe a seat . i entered my 77 ashtabula in the 79 and earlier 20 " class . it was just a frame . and i built it up with proper survivor parts . but is not really a survivor as defined by the rules of this competition .

Sign in to follow this