Sign in to follow this  
nycet3

1976 California Cup

Does anyone own an original or a replica race plate from the 1976 California Cup? The plate looks cool as hell in the photos in bmxa. Would love to see a good photo of one.

california cup screenshot.png

Well here is the most obvious picture of a California Cup plate. That would be 'VW bench pressin Brian Lewis' on the cover there.

I know someone still has their plate, I swear I saw one posted somewhere recently. Maybe John Wells?

Resized large.jpg

Can anyone produce a list of the No.1 Cal Cup plate holders, by Class for 1976?

BrentPAttersonCorona76_4x6.jpg

AB.JPG

This would be the results from the finals. I know I have the qualifiers somewhere but all my BMX papers are buried in my office at the moment.

Well here is the most obvious picture of a California Cup plate. That would be 'VW bench pressin Brian Lewis' on the cover there.

I know someone still has their plate, I swear I saw one posted somewhere recently. Maybe John Wells?

Resized large.jpg

I think you are right about that, Dennis... might have been in the os pic of the day thread. I'm not sure... we'll have to see if we can find it.

ok... John did put in that pic of the day thread, I think, but I also found it in the other thread I just bumped on the California Cup:

http://bmxsociety.co...-from-bmx-news/

being a huge fan of number plates . i have to say . those have always been my favorites . i never get tired of looking at them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The plate is still on the Champion hanging in the corner of the garage.

:15:

100_0966.JPG

• Like 2

Dennis Foster riding for JM cylery stuck in the middle of a Nor-Cal sandwich.....

Cal cup 76.jpg

Resurrecting a very old thread. I went to the frog town BMX reunion this weekend. Great to see a lot a friend haven’t seen in a very long time. Three number one California cup plate holders were there. Kevin Ridling, Brent Patterson and myself. BRIAN may have been one too. So if that’s the case there were four.

That’s real cool John.  Any pics by chance?   

:oof: legends!