Sign in to follow this  
AGUILAR3

UNI Seat timeline?/ Uni seat generations

here's a pic of a couple of mine. the white one (with rainbow decal) has braces. the blue one (with the silver decal) has none.

definitely looks like the rainbow label is a later model.

IMG00750-20110108-1804.jpg

Thanks Pat.

I've never seen or have had a UNI with the extra braces. There are no extra braces on my 2 rainbow UNIs either.

here's a pic of a couple of mine. the white one (with rainbow decal) has braces. the blue one (with the silver decal) has none.

definitely looks like the rainbow label is a later model.

IMG00750-20110108-1804.jpg

I'm starting to believe, the only way to date a uni is by if it has braces or not! like hector, the uni's i own don't have any of those braces that are shown in the pic patrick posted.

^^^^thats why i kept askin' .... its the best way to be narrowed down on the date line.

its a way cooler decal then the rainbow in my opinion for the same era - both mine have the brace (which i actually prefer, as it provides more support and longevity for larger or pro sized riders) you can see what they help prevent - look at Patrick's blue hammerhead and the swerve in the plasti. just behind the post, its caused by buckleing under too much wieght - once its folded thats it, it has allot of play - those little braces raise the weight limit of the saddle another 30lbs .....

that littlr alloy collar was also added in the late 80s into 90 - but its addition added when the enlarged the post size - i believe the white one should be a 7/8 ths post - i have mid 80s rainbows with the brace but are still 13/16ths sized posts

you're correct tom, the white has a 7/8" post.

here's a look at the braces on three generations of the UNI "standard" or "hammerhead" seat.

1st. gen.

1st%20gen%20uni%20seat.jpg

w/ original side decal.

1st%20gen%20uni%20seat2.jpg

2nd. & 3rd. gen.

uni_seats.JPG

it appears that the (white) one in patrick's post above,may be a 4th generation (notice the extra 2 angled braces in front of the post?)

• Like 1

I have a very nice 2nd gen BLACK 13/16 to trade for a 3rd gen BLACK 7/8 if anyones interested.

I found another add on Johnny Ringos mag scans site that shows you seat Aggy. I'm searching right now

Didn’t like them bitd but I have grown to like the style on the right bike. The “hammerhead” is cool but the turbo looks real nice on the right bike. Any idea on this style mid 80’s ? 

33C62CB7-1183-493E-9019-6E53988B1100.jpeg

7A855230-1804-4286-8A9F-EEE9E16120BE.jpeg

That is early eighties. No extra bracing, and the Uni decal on the side. Does it have a decal on the back? If so, I would assume it has either the Rainbow decal, or the "wavy" silver Uni decal.