Sign in to follow this  
whttrsh43

FAKE STEMS GETTING READY TO HIT

yeah i saw those too . total BS. man ! pisses me off

None of them look real to me.....except the font on the Tuf Neck patent pending one.....just the font...nuttin else!

the triangular rear is a dead giveaway and the Pro Neck logo looks high tech.

no worries here!

wheather og or fake they look cool,

What?

I think they look TOO nice. But after they are used, People are going to sell these as OG and peeps are going to burned.

Thread on museum says he plans on hitting the $100 mark for them

and let's face it... looking cool is what really matters

and...yes I see the hypocrocy in me posting this when I have a 24" Trick Star, Difference is we all know that there was never a 24 TS,I'm not knocking off TS's. It was built for me and never to be sold.

the only real one to worry about imho is the square tuf, cuz it looks pretty close to the real thing - but as far as the others go, its pretty easy to tell they are simply filler trash .... i mean for starters the font isn't even close to the real thing, and then the attributes of each aren't even close to the actual models in the slightest (which i'm hoping was purposely done) so i guess for people that aren't purist and don't mind half assing they're way to completeing a build without shelling out what a real respectable restoration should/could cost, then whateva - its a "they are so off they are good" type scenerio.

the square tuf on the other hand, bothers me - that one is a little too close to the real thing that some people could get taken in the near future that are in the market for one - its sorta a reason to appreciate survivor equipment over nos stuff all the more.

i wonder if i polished one of these would get the same flack i got for when i polished an "almost" nos pro neck, or doesnt it matter because its not an og??? :blink: :cheers:

what????

Edited by rex

and let's face it... looking cool is what really matters

ROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gifROTFLMAO.gif

Is it really that hard to find an original?

not hard at all . i have never had a problem finding one .

they may be easy to tell the difference . but that does not make it cool either .

i wonder if i polished one of these would get the same flack i got for when i polished an "almost" nos pro neck, or doesnt it matter because its not an og??? :blink: :cheers:

what????

No you wouldn't get the same flak, because polishing those turds would just make them, well, polished turds.

They're knockoffs. But they're sure to satisfy the fake funkers.

I agree with the question posed though. Are originals that hard to find?

Poser approved!!!!

456474931_0356ba4a8d.jpg

LOL. Man, I'm gonna pick up some of these stems, and put in an order of PorkchopZZZZ badass parts, and I am going to be rolling.

I'm down with my homies :)

Damnit MCAM!! You stole my reply. LOL.

I love this quote in the museum thread:

he mentioned that he used the pro neck name because the tuf neck name would be copy right infringment..

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure someone still owns that copyright even if the company is dormant. Yeah, I guess you're not likely to get sued, but still don't think it's legal. Maybe he shoulda checked to make sure someone hasn't already squatted on the name.

Where's JDB when you need a nonsense explanation on copyright, trademark/servicemark law?

Oh -- and as already discussed (and I think pretty obvious in the photos) -- Some of them DO say Tuf Neck. :lol:

Not only are they easy to find, but the ones I buy (natural fade and beautiful hammer marks included) usually cost less than $100.

It's just not economically feasible to knock this stuff off. Looks to me like the economy hit some machine shop hard and they want to keep the machines running while trying to make a quick buck. And I suspect a buck or two is all they'll make.

Not diggin' the copyright infringement.

I could care less about anything else...

Especially when Profile still makes a quill stem I'm not afraid to ride on.

"Fake" parts don't concern me, but unsafe ones do.

Parts built strictly on "looks" ARE for posers.

But there are ALOT of "real" parts doing nothin' but posing, too.

So, really, they are "fake poser" parts for people that can't even be "real" about posing. :ROTFLMAO:

So, really, they are "fake poser" parts for people that can't even be "real" about posing. :ROTFLMAO:

Ouch -- you're hurting my brain Carl.