Sign in to follow this  
mongoosedrummer

What is you daily rider/whip?

I'd like to know what people are riding on a regular basis, BMX or not. If you aren't riding at all, shame on you. :)

I just put together this 1984-85 US-made Hutch Trick Star, to be my main rider.

It's original chrome but not the prettiest - had a few issues - so I built it for function/comfort to beat on.

Previous owner chopped off the small rear frame standers - So I thought - perfect for a rider - since I prefer Axlepegs rather than built in standers. To compliment the lack of rear standers, I'm using a Hutch Race fork in the front for easy access to the front axlepegs. (The bars were pretty much stripped raw, and the fork was a nice Full-pitted - rust - peeled chrome finish when I got them - so I had them refinished with a seat post for the sole intent of going on this rider.).

I got to ride it for the first time - last weekend at the local indoor skate park.

I have to say.... I was REALLY comfortable on it - right off the bat!

Here it is a few weeks ago almost assembled......

trickstar_rider01.jpg

And here it is all set up and ready to rip!

(ps. see (a bearded) Large Ray in the background of the 2nd pic.) :)

matt_360_sequence.jpg

matt_trickstar_360_ffox.jpg

G-Turn fly-out.

matt_trickstar_gturn_ffox.jpg

This, This, and This,

ON.jpg

bullwell175.jpg

IMG_4475.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_3715.jpg

2009 Cannondale Carbon Rush 1 with Carbon 110 speed Fox RLC Lefty.

Also has XTR rims and shifters.

I Ride no less that once a week with several cross country (12 or 24 hour events) races a year.

been riding my black chrome gt, but here in the last few months i have really enjoyed cruising the torker.it rides real nice and i like riding the tuffs.

TORKER.jpg

i just got a redline mini from aggy and hope to get my daughter rolling on it soon.i will swap and ride my redline to be team father/daughter.

Edited by SEADOOIT

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 005.jpg

I have not been on a bike since late October. I'm not into winter riding in the dark, sorry.

Come spring, I'll go back to rotating between a 1979 Mongoose motomag, a 1985 Schwinn Beach Cruiser and a 2008 Fit CR24.

I have not been on a bike since late October. I'm not into winter riding in the dark, sorry.

Come spring, I'll go back to rotating between a 1979 Mongoose motomag, a 1985 Schwinn Beach Cruiser and a 2008 Fit CR24.

Totally understandable... I feel for you brother. Been there, done that. Man, I do not miss those winters! :( Snow has one good purpose only IMO, skiing. Otherwise, it's hellish.

Keep 'em coming guys... :)

Yeah - I haven't ridden a bike in ages.... The ice/snow/slush in Philadelphia is miserable right now.

A few of us got together at an indoor skatepark to get our selves on bikes for the first time in forever.

My daily lunch hour rides

1990 Klein Rascal

Rascal01181018.jpg

and my 1990 Nishiki Alien ACX

bikesandluge002.jpg

I also race a Schwinn Matt Pohlkamp Pro Modified cruiser, just no pictures of the bike only.

There is some unflattering race footage of me though...

http://www.go211.com/videos/24913/

Edited by JCW

Same boat as Tom and Matt, too effing cold to ride consistently. This gets the most time. Reynolds Rap 42, the 20" that is roomier than a cruiser. I rarely touched my cruisers last year because of this thing.

CIMG5731.JPG

I love that bike, Jake....you need to re-take pics with a lighter backdrop so we can really see that thing!

These 3 get ridden all the time. I don't ride my Champion anymore right now. Yeah, I know the seats are high, it's comfort. The Kawasaki is jacked up in the back, that was to keep the head tube angle the same as the A&A's, I like my bikes to ride the basically same. All of them have cheesy rear lights so I don't get hassled as bad at night by the cops.

SSCN1500.JPG

SSCN1501.JPG

SSCN1502.JPG

SSCN1191.JPG

Oh yeah, this get driven too...courtesy of Gene Simmons.

Edited by spike

Man, Spike, some of the new-school cats would crucify you for having seats that high!

My current rides are a 2009 OM Flyer and a '95 or '96 Gary Fisher Mamba.

Haven't ridden for a couple of weeks, but got the chain fixed on the OM so this weekend will be the test run.

I dig the 24 in the avatar. But on Spike's comment about cops, I always seem to draw attention when riding. Not crazy riding, stunting, trials, or doing tricks just riding. Maybe its because old druggies end up peddling around on bikes?

More 20 riding is in store, just need to switch out the really nice wheelset with no brake rub marks.

Here are my top 3 from last year. I have the Race Inc for BMX, the Fat Tire for bar hopping, and the ghetto bike for rain/snow/might get stolen situations.

hub006.jpg

ghettobike002-1.jpg

raceincpads002.jpg

1996 Boss Hogg and my little 5 year old Boss :)

BigBoss_LittleBoss.jpg

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

P.S. Note the matching XTRSKN pads :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

This, This, and This,

God, I HATE colored tires, but I find myself digging those pink ones... are the decals OG? :P

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

i have too many, but none of my riders are old school. this is my latest - built over this past summer. custom geometry Standard STA with a coaster mount (of course! :) ). no prizes for guessing the inspiration for the color combo...

STAgn2.jpg

My office bike and probably my favorite rider:

Typhoon in office.jpg

Fun cruisers for bopping around town:

IMG_1125.jpg

For riding any distance or dirt jumping:

IMG_1131.jpg

20 inch neighborhood crusing:

IMG_4615.jpg

I have a '73 Schwinn Varsity that I plan to use for traveling around town. It's a nice complete survivor and just needs freshened up.

Sunday @ the Reno national.

41 & OVER EXPERT Total Riders = 16 Groups = 3

1 TODD (TP) PARRY, EXTREME TEAM/GHP/FLY, AMERICAN FORK, UT

2 BARRY (THE BUCKLE) NILSON, FACTORY QSI BMX, MISSION VIEJO, CA

3 JOEL"THE ANIMAL"REINOEHL, VENDETTA/ELITE BICYCLES, HENDERSON, NV

4 ALLAN (THE COBRA) PORTER, NAPA VALLEY BMX CRUSH, FREMONT, CA

5 TURNELL HENRY, CITY OF BICYCLES, LAS VEGAS, NV

6 STEVE BOURKE, , KENT, WA

7 (PISTOL) PETE LONCAREVICH, MOLEY GOSH, MEDFORD, OR

8 ROBERT RAYMONDE, , RIVERSIDE, CA

2009db20002.jpg

nice whip! (and riding)

what park is that?!

I just put together this 1984-85 US-made Hutch Trick Star, to be my main rider.

It's original chrome but not the prettiest - had a few issues - so I built it for function/comfort to beat on.

Previous owner chopped off the small rear frame standers - So I thought - perfect for a rider - since I prefer Axlepegs rather than built in standers. To compliment the lack of rear standers, I'm using a Hutch Race fork in the front for easy access to the front axlepegs. (The bars were pretty much stripped raw, and the fork was a nice Full-pitted - rust - peeled chrome finish when I got them - so I had them refinished with a seat post for the sole intent of going on this rider.).

I got to ride it for the first time - last weekend at the local indoor skate park.

I have to say.... I was REALLY comfortable on it - right off the bat!

(ps. see (a bearded) Large Ray in the background of the 2nd pic.) :)

matt_360_sequence.jpg

matt_trickstar_360_ffox.jpg

G-Turn fly-out.

matt_trickstar_gturn_ffox.jpg

These are my 2 Riders i take the kids to school or go and get the milk on.Both are great to ride but i find the race inc the best.

12112010789.jpg

26112010822.jpg