Sign in to follow this  
mongoosedrummer

I Can't Take it Anymore

Caution: Rant Ahead

When will the parasitic re-poppers fucking die? I'm starting to realize that people who focus on profiting from selling re-pop shit to old school BMX lovers by using these online sites to troll around and hang acting as "fellow collectors", are really making me sick to my fucking stomach. Seriously.

It's like having sex offenders casually mingling in our children's high schools or Universities posing as fellow students. They hang around and contribute a little here and there (usually acting as if they know every fucking historic exact detail on any particular original part being discussed (clue - usually the stuff they are re-popping) and they just keep hanging and leeching hoping to promote their shit by mentioning it somehow within a public thread that many potential customers/victims will see... They often have strong allegiances with other parasitic re-popping maggots. They often mention each other too. It's so fucked up!

Rarely (if ever) do they drop in to add some honest informative shit, contribute anything that may have required any time or effort or joke around casually about other topics, or honestly compliment anyone on their shit. Has anyone else noticed this? Often they are gone for long periods, only to suddenly re-appear when the original parts that they re-pop have somehow come up innocently in a thread... I'm really seeing these patterns now, over and over and fucking over.

Every once in a while they'll try to casually promote their shit within a post (very hard to get away with here) but often it's just subtle enough to go unchallenged or noticed... Fucking makes me want to puke!

The worst is the "Licensed Reproduction" parasites... They are swarming on vintage and the museum. I came here a couple years ago to get away from being involved with that type of shit stain mentality and the people who drive it. Although I drop in occasionally to the "other sites" because there are some legitimate people and friends that I know from when I got started into collecting and certain subjects that interest me, but it's always the same. After 10 minutes I can't take it. The profit driven human maggots run wild and unchecked preying on the unschooled and inexperienced who's only crime was to check into a website that represented a sport that they had an honest passion for - most often from their youth... It's kind of fucking sad when you think about it.

Anyhow, this site is different and I really hope it stays that way... I'd like to personally thank RCain for turning me onto this site. He told me straight up it was no holds barred and that it really represented the direction and convictions of the core true collectors and many old school racers. I liked what I heard, dropped in to check it out and joined that same day. I know I've argued with some people here occasionally and fully (perhaps even "overly") exercised my freedoms of uncensored expression here, but at the end of the day, most of those same people are now my friends. Certain people here who I didn't like at all when I joined, actually earned my respect in huge ways, simply through expressing their knowledge and convictions over time for many things I also believe in. I'm not above getting into a few solid checks into the boards here and there and then going out after the game and having a couple beers with the same guys. I hope that analogy makes sense. It's a far more realistic and honest online experience/interaction as well. That's exactly how I grew up with my brothers and the people in our hood. I often find that open and passionate debate (although somewhat exhausting at times) usually leads to a better understanding of certain subjects and more importantly people themselves.

I once challenged a fool who was defending a re-pop parasite on "another" site. I was simply reading the thread and found a little opening for a shot. The "fool" had mentioned he played music, so I chimed in and said, "What instrument? The skin flute?" For that, I was banned for one week and had a PM of admonishment by one of the moderators who's name rhymed with Pelvis. It was pathetic really. I just couldn't believe the d-bags who seemed to be running the show so to speak. It was actually during that week that I came over here.

Anyhow, I'm possibly rambling a little now (my trademark) but I do want to recap and say:

1- This is a very cool site for all the above reasons

2- FUCK OFF RE-POPPING PARASITE FAKE ARSE "COLLECTORS" and more importantly, STAY THE FUCK OFF MY PERSONAL THREADS

Thanks. :angry:

Note: I just left a somewhat more "censored" version of the above on one of the "other" sites. If I get banned, than fuck it. I just don't fucking care anymore.

Let it out. You're only saying what we've all been thinking.

I'm tired of the repro'ers hiding behind "but, its what the people want. Cheap wannabe make me feel good almost like the original oldschool but at a 1/10 of the price but looks like the original glws dibs sick ride bro" parts"

Give me original vintage. Or nothing :)

You've hit it right on the head.

You got a link to your other "censored" postings? I can't find them anywhere :/

Serious subject matter to be sure. And well put. but could use a little humor, in a "jugular" vein.

Damn Pete, Jdb bang your sister or something?

Hah

Love ya youngblood

Pretty big blanket ya got there...

:lol:

I really like the "profit driven human maggots" line.

As soon as I see everyone here giving old bike parts away, or selling for a loss, then I'll :bravo:

Let me know where I need to register my "licensed repopper supporter" status, so my neighbors can know what a creep they have living next to their kids. :ROTFLMAO:

:Liv2ride:

That was a good read, how long before it goes to video? :ThumbsUp:

What I want to know is what you really think about re-poppers lurking here and there trying to hawk their goods. :nah.I.mean:

That 'Pelvis' dude is one self serving prick. Will certainly dish his agenda on anyone that will listen to him, but if you present any ideas or thoughts different from his...out you go! I can't stand smug a$$holes who have delusions of keyboard.....weak turds in my book. Any site that allows someone delete or suspend powers to a psychotic a$$hole is not a place I want to hang.

That post makes me want to purchase reHutched goods and sawzall them in effigy. Wind chimes for all!

I look forward to the day when, some 5 or 10 years down this road, I come across an old, worn, vintage, diamond-in-the-rough BMX bike that had been "restored" in 2010 that has a Porkchoppszz item or some JDB pedals (all worth pennies to their original prices).

THAT is the reason I keep a 5 lb sledge on my workbench at all times.

That post makes me want to purchase reHutched goods and sawzall them in effigy. Wind chimes for all!

My birthday is coming up. I would love some cool looking repop wind chimes maybe a chandelier? Now we have a use for this crap!

Stephen

I wouldn't hang a chandelier made from reHutch parts from my dining room ceiling. That's likely to fall the first time you turn it on.

amen brother!!

Thanks for the support fellas. Sod, that was really good and so perfectly timed! I was laughing my balls off when I watched that classic clip... Nice. I sort of feel for Francis in a way, honestly! :lol:

Anyhow, if there is one little thing I'd like to add, it's this: In no way would I want to connect or criticize Mike Carruth within my little rant. I apologize to him if I did in any way, because honestly I personally think he is a very cool guy and has nothing to do with anything I complained about.

The above rant was mostly a direct result of having some of my threads (threads that I had put the most work and heart into) hijacked by pathetic dipshits who somehow turned them into narcissistic promotional forums for their own re-pop garbage exactly as I described above. I had seen it happen to others as well over the years, and when it started to become apparent that I was being victimized in the exact same ways, I just couldn't handle it anymore and needed to vent.

Have a great weekend and keep the the faith homies! :Liv2ride:

--------------------------------------------------------------

so no repro/reisue profile cranks or redline flights for you. you would rather spend $100.00 today for 20+ year old tires that cost $12.99 back in say 1985 they should not be safe to ride on these days and may be dryroughted after inflating air in them to the 35 max psi rating! me I would rather spend $20.00 on repro comp ST tires made from fresh ruber no dyr rought that holed 80psi. that I can through on my bike and go try to ride it as hard core. as I thought I did in 1985!

I do not build bikes to site in my house and stare at. I build bikes to take out side and ride. I see no isue with buying the new Dia-comp made tech 77 locking brake levers or the Dia-compe reisue Nipon brakes.I think most people that get bent over repo/reisue parts are just up set that now every one gets a shot at one of those parts! :blastin: now there braging rights and the super price they sheld out for the real old 80's model. well just seem not as grate any more. when any one can buy one! it lost its :CashMoney: You know

I got back in well I never real left/stoped BMXing .but I joined sites like this to find people close to me that still want to ride BMX and find replacement parts for my older bikes I still ride. I did not join so I could brag about the bike / part I just found. that thers is only 10 of 100 know to be out there.

so I guess we are just on 2 diffrent pages of BMX love! to each there owen. as long as your keeping BMX alive its all good!

Re-poppers and all those who support them are the sworn enemy of this hobby. Being "o.k." with re-poppers is the same thing as being one. Death to them all.

--------------------------------------------------------------

so no repro/reisue profile cranks or redline flights for you. you would rather spend $100.00 today for 20+ year old tires that cost $12.99 back in say 1985 they should not be safe to ride on these days and may be dryroughted after inflating air in them to the 35 max psi rating! me I would rather spend $20.00 on repro comp ST tires made from fresh ruber no dyr rought that holed 80psi. that I can through on my bike and go try to ride it as hard core. as I thought I did in 1985!

I do not build bikes to site in my house and stare at. I build bikes to take out side and ride. I see no isue with buying the new Dia-comp made tech 77 locking brake levers or the Dia-compe reisue Nipon brakes.I think most people that get bent over repo/reisue parts are just up set that now every one gets a shot at one of those parts! gunning.gif now there braging rights and the super price they sheld out for the real old 80's model. well just seem not as grate any more. when any one can buy one! it lost its CashMoney.gif You know

I got back in well I never real left/stoped BMXing .but I joined sites like this to find people close to me that still want to ride BMX and find replacement parts for my older bikes I still ride. I did not join so I could brag about the bike / part I just found. that thers is only 10 of 100 know to be out there.

so I guess we are just on 2 diffrent pages of BMX love! to each there owen. as long as your keeping BMX alive its all good!

WHAT????i still ride 20 year old tires with 35 psi threads a hanging on the sidewalls.....rock walk right past ya on your 80psi tires.........i think it is great you want to buy the new stuff,one less person trying to get the stuff i like...enjoy riding your bike