Sign in to follow this  
Brian Hays

Omas hubs

NOS O.M.A.S.

DSC00161.JPG

DSC00163.JPG

As I was sayin :bored: ......... j/k

First edition BPP catalog - fall of 81 ..... (they faded out completely round abouts late 83/84)

NOS Italy stamped 36h red hubs

NOS BMX blk, used gold/nos road silver headsets

NOS BMX stamped BB adapter, used Italy stamped

Used Euro BB w/Ti spindle

D7B2AC79-CCC5-49CE-A5A6-E7532C7BEA33-65633-000007388079E6B9.jpg

75EB3456-42F8-4667-839A-87877DA2C840-65633-000007387951A202.jpg

D329AA68-1BB5-4239-BC6D-70B17A9A5C53-65633-000007387172747E.jpg

They also made a very sweet crank set, practically identical to the early Campy "strada n pista" Record lines, that they never applied to they're BMX line .... But should've !

:Power.Grin:

Those red hubs are gorgeous. You NEED gold ones to match your headset. Oh yeah, I have some. :nah.I.mean:

Just..Me..Chillin',

Wow, that's really cool you have the Fall 1981, First Edition, Bicycle Parts Pacific "Pro BMX Catalogue"! I've never seen that.

Here's a little info.... That image on the cover of the rider is from the logo for the BMX line "Dirt Slinger" from around 1977. They had a line of BMX products including frames and what I heard was a very popular double clamp stem. I believe Dirt Slinger was owned by Bicycle Parts Pacific. They were their main, if not "only" distributor" at that time.

Around Nov 1983, Bicycle Parts Pacific dispanded the OMAS Series BPP factory team and started the "new" revamped Dirt Slinger BMX team, with OMAS being a team co-sponsor. Their first appearance was at the ESPN race at the Equestrian Center in Burbank, Nov, 1983 ( Thanksgiving weekend).

Here's a thread on Dirt Slinger and i believe there is some OMAS info in there too. http://bmxsociety.com/topic/22216-dirt-slinger-factory-and-factory-team/page__p__289844__hl__dirt%20slinger__fromsearch__1entry289844

Edited by Johnny Johnson

I *think* this is an OMAS titanium center bolt. Anyone know?

I bought it it '83. It was sold as a pair for road bikes. The rear short one snapped a few months after I bought them and the front is too long to use for BMX. I want to shorten this one and put it on my JMC but I haven't gotten around to shortening it yet. Can anyone confirm the make? To bolt w/ alloy collar:

image_zps1b20644d.jpg

I *think* this is an OMAS titanium center bolt. Anyone know?

I bought it it '83. It was sold as a pair for road bikes. The rear short one snapped a few months after I bought them and the front is too long to use for BMX. I want to shorten this one and put it on my JMC but I haven't gotten around to shortening it yet. Can anyone confirm the make? To bolt w/ alloy collar:

image_zps1b20644d.jpg

Edit: I found it in the catalog PDF up thread. Thanks for posting that. I have been wondering who made it for years and years.

Funny, the rear broke, but I never faulted the Co. BITD my dad suspected it might break because of where the threads stopped inside the brake tube mount. Combined w/ long reach brakes, much longer than this bolt was designed for, grippy chrome rims and sticky Mathauser pads, he didn't think I should use it.

He was right.

He had the idea to cut the front one and use it, but make sure the unthreaded shank fully passes thru the brake bridge.

I never did get around to doing it, but I think I might soon just for this reason.

A bit of personal history w/ my dad.

Edited by cornfed

Yup they list from time to time - I was thinking of running a set on my last build - the 81 shadow that was dressed up like a vans trick team whip - but I went exotica crazy on that build - far deeper then most can ingest so I held back on a few twists .... Maybe for another project I have lined up

i have a rear omas hub laced up to a turbolite..ill have to check it out!

I will be listing a set to sell/trade shortly.....

Good info on this thread.

B

Wow very cool. This site is awesome. I just scored a 70s BMX bike and it came with a BPP Made in Itally BB. Im like whoa never heard of them. But figured I dont know much about the roadies so maybe just a road bike brand.

Then tonight I do a search on google and it leads me here.

Hopefully I can rebuild them, the BB isnt spinning. I dont know how to take the spindle out. I rarely worked on my own bikes BITD. If I get it out I will take a picture and post it here..