Sign in to follow this  
Scott Loveless

RRS: The Un-Mountainbike

One of the old RRS ads called the 24" the "Un-Cruiser" and that tagline comes to mind when I'm out riding mine all over the place like a new school MTB... :nana:

There is some kind of Mojo or something with this bike that makes me want to ride it all the time. All the parts work as a whole and the bike is just perfect for me as a rider. I'm really picky about the mechanical details and this bike is dead-nuts dialed in and smooth as silk. It just has "it" for me.

I put some real Reedy pedals with fake Helix cages on it for riding and replaced the DiaCompe seatclamp with a Powerlite PL1; otherwise, it's been unchanged since I built it a couple years ago.

I've been trying to teach myself to take "Photographs" rather than "pitchers" so I carry my camera stuff whenever I'm out riding the RRS around all the little Sea Islands we have here in coastal South Carolina. I still have no idea what I'm doing photography-wise, but I sure as hell love my RRS!

Photography tips and critiques are certainly welcome!

P1000273.jpg

RRS Dreamy.jpg

P1000753.jpg

P1000782.jpg

• Like 1

Scott,

that is hands down one of my all time favorite cruiser builds of all time!!!! Thanks for reposting that!!! :bowdownAll:

Thanks Owl. Sorry to say, you won't be getting mine unless I die before you do...:-)

Thanks William. You've built several of my faves over the years and your recent hot streak is fun to watch. Do you still have the FMF you did a few years ago? I LOVE that bike...

Scott,

that is hands down one of my all time favorite cruiser builds of all time!!!! Thanks for reposting that!!! :bowdownAll:

Actually, I lied! It is my favorite! Perfect blend of pure BMX Sweetness!!!!

Thanks Owl. Sorry to say, you won't be getting mine unless I die before you do...:-)

Thanks William. You've built several of my faves over the years and your recent hot streak is fun to watch. Do you still have the FMF you did a few years ago? I LOVE that bike...

Scott,

I am not sure where that bike is now? I sure would love to have it in my current line up though!

Scott, I want that cruiser.

I just got home from the local pub. A few too many ales and bourbons. But, in reading this thread, I sobered up :)

A RRS 24 is the one cruiser I want to own. I would part with one or more of my current cruisers (except the JMC) for one.

*Sigh* maybe one day :)

Nice bike, great build.

From a cruiser nut... :)

Incredibly cool Scott.

I love the first picture. Only other thing you might have tried was walking around the bike as it sits and snapping photos from different angles. Black is a tough color...because with the sun to your back (as most pics would tend to be) the color black tends to look dull or flat or 'show haze' when the sun hits it. So in that sense, I like the angle of your picture with the sun off the the right side.

Maybe let the sun go down even more...I think real photo buffs call it "the golden hour" - the last hour of sun before it sets. It's an awesome time to take pics.

Fantastic bike and great pics, though!

I'm with Owl and William. I want one and it's one of my faves. Looks so good.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again, this is my all time favorite bmx bike. It is perfect in my mind. I'm glad to see that you are really enjoying riding the bike and having a lot of fun on it.

The photos look pretty good to me!

The bike looks great!

I was into photography for some time when I was younger. The best time for photographs are early in the morning and closer to sunset. The one thing that will really help is making sure your light source is always on the side of the bike you are shooting. Wether you are shooting with natural light or using a flash or even some sort of light. This will help show case the details and not just the overall shape of the bike. Black bikes are even more important to do this on.

Stephen

Beautiful bike...it always floors me when I see it. I really don't know the first thing about photography but I think the photographs you have up look great.

Awesome bike.... and I don't collect and I don't like cruisers much. LOL

5 hours ago, MelvinsArmy said:

Bumping this because it is one of the raddest. 

Thanks for bumping this. That is one impressive looking RRS.

One of the greatest BMX builds ever. Where is it now?