Sign in to follow this  
CharleyGnarlyP290

Anybody Race In Fresno In The Early '80s?

I have a few pics of me trying out my new Quad at a track in Fresno, but don't remember the name of the track.

Can anybody help if I post the pics?

post the pic. can't remember the name of the track, but i raced there weekly.

I raced at Selma bmx, it was a little track built out of sand, and it was at an old gas station?

Here you go. Looks like J&D Racing on Belmont on the sign in the second pic.

I don't know if this is the place or not, but one of the BMX tracks in Fresno had one of those corrugated metal buildings that was a bike shop. I raced Stanley Robinson at that track. Was late '81 sometime. That dude was fast....

scan0038.jpg

scan0039.jpg

scan0040.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks.

I look at these pics and wonder what I was thinking when I got those bars. They were gold anodized v-bars. I don't remember the brand, but they were small. I made the move from these to JMC Darryl Youngs.

They worked good for a while though. About this time frame, my racing abilities really started to pick up.

Great Pics!

We raced at Selma and I remember a track off Herndon in Fresno. I think that track was NBL, but not sure.

Great Pics!

We raced at Selma and I remember a track off Herndon in Fresno. I think that track was NBL, but not sure.

kinda remember the fresno track being off herndon.....i only raced ABA though.

I have a few pics of me trying out my new Quad at a track in Fresno, but don't remember the name of the track.

Can anybody help if I post the pics?

Hell yah I know this track. Thats J&Ds track. On Belmont and marks, Owned by the Berlins. They also had a killer bike shop next to the Track. the track and shop was family run. The two teenaged brothers Jerry 17/18 16 mainly ran the operation. UBR sanctioned e district. They also had a killer half pipe and quarter pipe alongside the track..

Its main haydays were the early 80s..

Hell yah I know this track. Thats J&Ds track. On Belmont and marks, Owned by the Berlins. They also had a killer bike shop next to the Track. the track and shop was family run. The two teenaged brothers Jerry 17/18 16 mainly ran the operation. UBR sanctioned e district. They also had a killer half pipe and quarter pipe alongside the track..

Its main haydays were the early 80s..

I use to race at J&D, the NBmxA and Visalia back in the day. I remember J&D well, it was an ABA track when I raced there in the early '80s.

The track they have now in FBX Woodward Park is RAD! We had an event there last year and Stanley Robinson showed up.

IMG_2896.JPG

Great pic.

The second time I raced at that track I raced against Stanley. He was right next to me in the main that day.

That dude was fast!

J&D... that is one of the places I raced when I went to Fresno to visit my grandparents. I think I raced there twice. The people that ran the shop were great.

Did they run UBR and ABA at that track?

I have a few pics of Porterville spinners BMX racing D. Bernell. also and Lemoore showing S Cope the way around his home track on a pink quad with all my lime green and white parts from my F/A that I normally raced .FB_IMG_1513808679852.jpg

Edited by BMXER 13
  • Like 1

I have a few pics of Porterville spinners BMX racing D. Bernell. also and Lemoore showing S Cope the way around his home track on a pink quad with all my lime green and white parts from my F/A that I normally raced .attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1513808679852.jpg

Damian Bernell?

Awesome