Sign in to follow this  
Spur

1995 ONE Bicycles XL

For a little history on ONE see the BMX Society interview of Christian Van de Groenendaal Interview. I got the frame from the Netherlands about a year ago. I thought it would be cool to build up a mid-school rig from a company outside of our borders. It took a little research to determine what year and model it was and Christian was more than helpful and tolerant of me pestering him. Later he would generously send me the proper OG decals for it (Thank-you sir).

It is pretty long, it is about 21.5 at the TT, really thick drop outs. It was raced and it has tons of patina (as do most of the parts), and it took a great deal of elbow grease and vacuuming (to get that Dutch track dirt out of the tubes). So here it is and yes I know the seat is crooked. I noticed it about 10 minutes after I put the camera away, but rest assured that it aligned perfectly now.

1995 ONE XL Frame, Chromoly, 1-1/8 head tube

Answer Alumilite Pro Fork

TNT stem

DK bars

ATI Pistol Grips

Dia Compe Tech 77 lever

Odyssey Slic Cable

Dia-compe 986 canti's with a VG straddle hanger.

Selle Filte Saddle

GT rocker style seat post

ONE VG style seat post clamp

GT stamped Profiles

GT VP-820 DX style pedals (perhaps my favorites of all time)

Profile spider

Pro Neck chainring 44T

Araya Super 7X laced to GT Mohawks and PMC hardware (I think these have been on a few bikes now lol)

Silver label Comp III's 1.75's

UGP Recession padset

Poor Boy Plate

CIMG1508.JPG

CIMG1509.JPG

CIMG1510.JPG

CIMG1511.JPG

Cool story.. Cool bike. I think this would make an interesting mid school entry for BOTY.. The Boty bike lol

Awesome mid-school sickness right there. Built proper too.

I think it is pretty cool how Gt dropped the "Mach" off the Mach One for 95 and the fact you found stickers for it! Rflmao!!!

I had to keep the joke going. Great bike Jake!!

Stephen

I think it is pretty cool how Gt dropped the "Mach" off the Mach One for 95 and the fact you found stickers for it! Rflmao!!!

I had to keep the joke going. Great bike Jake!!

Stephen

Stephen is clairvoyant. Two days ago some dude (who has an obvious issue with my anti-repop stance) commented on my mid-school facebook page that, in a nut-shell, I am a hypocrite because it is an "obvious GT rip-off"rolleyes.gif. That I look stupid because I talk shit about repop's, but own this. Hilarious.

Anyway, I made some upgrades since I first post this thread and in the interest of the lacking mid-school content here it is...again. I really don't like the semi-laidback GT micro-adjust posts, so I swapped it for a Primo Rod. Swapped out the skinny front silver label for a fat silver label. Added some JP tensioners because the drop outs are so thick that the back wheel constantly slips. Purple for now, until I can find some black or polished tugs.

1995 One 1.JPG

1995 One 2.JPG

I really dig this bike. It looks like it would be comfortable to ride.

always dug that bike. 36_2_25[1].gif

it does look like it'd ride nice.

looks so fast. how does it ride?

Honestly, I have ridden it fairly infrequently. I put it together the week before I had surgery in 2011 and it got forgotten about until the end of last summer. Out of all the bikes I have, it has been the toughest to dial in, seemingly one thing after another goes wrong with it. I may have to concede that it needs another set of hands and eyes to dial it in proper. But from the short neighborhood jaunts it feels pretty good geometry wise. I have been rather skittish when riding it with all the problems I have had. I really haven't put it through it's paces enough to give an honest review of how it handles.

Nice bike, I've never heard of them before. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

it does look like a GT! :nah.I.mean: