Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

What bike have you had in your collection the longest?

I picked this puppy up in '92 I don't think I started getting on the boards until 2 or 3 years later. This is the bike that pulled me into into collecting and rediscovering BMX.

moto-2.JPG

But of all my bikes this is the one I've owned the longest. I found this one in 1977 when I was 18.

1952 Schwinn DX.

DSC01350 - Copy (1024x768).jpg

• Like 1

I started my racing on a Schwinn Stingray but sadly that bike is lost in time. BUT...I do have my very first BMX specific bike and possibly the last of it's kind left in captivity. :lol:

This picture of us in 'action' is from 1975 at Western Sports Arama (WSA).

img980.jpg

Here is a shot of it at rest in my front yard back in 75.

img631.jpg

Here is a picture Reilley took of it after I let him bring it back to life for me. I am so glad I held onto it.

Raider on street.jpg

• Like 3

Amazing bike and heirloom documentation, Dennis.

Our finish-line guys never had quite the Cali style... check out those white loafers! :Praise:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

I pulled my Profile from it's box in 1984 and had it ever since...

A few weeks after I got it...

StuandGunny-1.jpg

How it is today...

DSCF0387.jpg

bump for the casual BOTY passers by...

000_0509.jpg

7/30/06, of the bikes in this pic of my starting out days, i still own 4 bikes that are here.

85 gt world tour

86 haro sport

skyway streetbeat

DK general lee 16" (cooper rides that at the park)

the peregrine frame in the pic is mine from 99

a pic of it built back up in 09 with about 85% of its original parts

100_1116.jpg

My 20" ProAm Raider was mine from 1980 to1985 when it was stolen in New York. 2003 I bought a frame set that was rattle canned black from Darren Chan, and upon stripping the rattle can off it I discovered like 3 other layers of color and finally the OG blue powder coat. I thought it funny that the last few layers of paint were just like mine from BITD , so I called my folks to see if they still had my original receipt since they save anything. No luck on the receipt, but they did have the police and insurance papers from when it was stolen.... Serial numbers matched!

19 years after being stolen in NY, I bought it from someone in California and returned it to New York?

Guess that is not continuous but it is my OG bike.

My longest continuous ownership of a BMXer this time around is my 1985 Mongoose Expert I found in a snow drift in front of my then girlfriends house in the blizzard of 1996.

I have had a ton of stuff over the years. I usually was never happy with how they turned out and moved them on to pursue other projects. I have had this Dirtwerx frame for 4 or 5 years and had it as a complete for almost 3. Of everything I own or have owned this happens to be the one that gets ridden the most. I have changed the Brand X stem in favor of an Atomic. Plans this year are to upgrade the wheelset, swap the number plate and seat clamp and hopefully find a Dirtwerx fork for it.

Dirtwerx 24.jpg

My 20" ProAm Raider was mine from 1980 to1985 when it was stolen in New York. 2003 I bought a frame set that was rattle canned black from Darren Chan, and upon stripping the rattle can off it I discovered like 3 other layers of color and finally the OG blue powder coat. I thought it funny that the last few layers of paint were just like mine from BITD , so I called my folks to see if they still had my original receipt since they save anything. No luck on the receipt, but they did have the police and insurance papers from when it was stolen.... Serial numbers matched!

19 years after being stolen in NY, I bought it from someone in California and returned it to New York?

My longest continuous ownership of a BMXer this time around is my 1985 Mongoose Expert I found in a snow drift in front of my then girlfriends house in the blizzard of 1996.

This is an AMAZING story. The odds of this happening are remarkably stacked against it. Glad you retold this one... haven't heard it in years.

This is an AMAZING story. The odds of this happening are remarkably stacked against it. Glad you retold this one... haven't heard it in years.

I agree, that is an amazing story. It's kind of like it was meant to happen. I'd like that to happen to me with my old Kuwahara kz1 but who knows where that ended up :(

Great thread!

This 1985 GT Interceptor was found maybe 7 years ago at a local Thrift store.

It was found before the vbmx collecting craze hit for $4.80.

Since then I added the correct GT bars, NOS AME rounds, tires(junk Duros)and a few other items. The front brakes & ACS rotor were on it when I got it so they went back on.

The only real "bad" on it is the black dyed pink seat...looks like crap brown.

These were $19.99 BIN on eBay and avail in pink and purple for quite sometime.

Maybe some of you GT collectors remember that !

I have a '84 GT Pro F/F on the way.

Rob

\'85 GT Intercepter 008.jpg

\'85 GT Intercepter 005.jpg

\'85 GT Intercepter 006.jpg

since 2003

loose photos 159.jpg

loose photos 310.jpg

hey Steve, I bought this new in 84. put a million miles on this baby !!!! love the geometry of this thing !!!!! pulled the OG tires off the wall today and put them back on just for this pic. ps; I actually raced this at the 98 Grands......hahahaha

rlplps20 001.jpg

I have had my 1983 PR200 (with red uni) since late 1983, travelled for over 4hrs with my Dad @ 11 yrs of age from country Australia to the big smoke to get my new racer, its full of memories and will never leave me.....

prx2.jpg

B

I would have to say my original Pre Serial Hutch Pro Racer...I bought it used at 14, sold it at 17, got it back when I was 23, and have had the frame and fork ever since.

After that, for collector bikes, I built my late 80's-early 90's Floval so that would be next.

Tony

Since 1977

100_2244.jpg

• Like 1

Ive had this one since very early 05. I traded the frame and fork for a JMC for about two months a couple years back and then bought it back. Its just the frame and fork now. The rest is long gone.

bronco016.jpg

This is the first bike I started my collection with. Bought it 10-25-11.

IMAG0922.jpg

IMAG0924.jpg

Here you go Steve. This is the General FreshourGuy is speaking of.

This CYC Stormer. I've had it about 11 or 12 years. A replica of the first race-worthy(?!) bike I had after setting my Moto-Bike aside for something lighter. Had it for 2 weeks and it got jacked off of my front porch (the original, not this one).

100_00061 (Medium).jpg

Il bump this with my 83 GT i bought new,all the parts are from bitd also

EED5790E-D198-4770-B5C9-E1BD269F5B8D.jpeg

• Like 1