Sign in to follow this  
nycet3

Motorcycle companies that made bmx bikes

William's post of his fantastic Suzuki, Yamaha and Kawasaki bmx bikes got me thinking. Any other motorcycle companies venture into bmx bike manufacturing bitd? Anyone have one?

I seem to remember Montesa making a trials bmx bike modeled after the Cota. Wouldn't mind having one of those.

Webco, DG, FMF, Champion.

MCS was started in a motorcycle shop in Florida.

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

I have to confess, I always wanted a Montesa trials type bike. Maybe one day a Haro or some other brand.

I can remember kids wearing motorcycle fishnets like Honda, Suzuki, etc to the races but no bikes.

A&A and Trackmaster come to mind.

Puch and Peugeot made motorcycles and BMX bikes. Brew makes motocycle and BMX frames.

As an aside, race car fabricators that went into BMX include GT, Profile, and Speed Unlimited (Thruster)...

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

Also, if we're making the race car connection, we certainly can't forget Skip Hess! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

skiphess57w.jpg

skiph_1.jpg

45861_490658074987_372860494987_6946494_1161278_n.jpg

sh51.jpg

RevellGS.jpg

fireballshores.jpg

I remember the Montessa. I saw one in TA Cyclery here in Bakersfield about the mid '80s. THat was a really cool looking bike. It was built for bicycle trials riding wasn't it? I remember it having some climb-a-wall gearing and a welded-on bashguard. I thing it had suspension front fork too. Of course it has been a long time so I could be spacing it...

Ok looks like we are getting back on track here. Now if we are talking companies that made motorcycles as well as put out a BMX I'll add Husqvarna to that list. I don't have a pic but I know there are some floating around out there.

Now if we are adding companies that made motorcycle parts for the aftermarket like some of those already mentioned (Webco DG ect...) I'll add Gary Littlejohn to that list. Lest we forget he also built custom choppers and his company also made parts for customizing motorcycles as well.

mi dos centavos.

Sorry...not sure who these belong to...

Just a couple images I snagged before I knew to label them correctly.

HusqvanaBMX1.jpg

HusqvanaBMX2.jpg

I remember a motorcycle called "Bull TACO" cant remember if they made or had anything to do with BMX.I never new husky made a bicycle,either.Nice pic :ThumbsUp:

Bultaco.

Here is a Felt tribute to Jim Pomeroy's Bultaco, the Felt Pursang:

Bultaco Pursang.jpg

I have the Malcolm Smith/Steve McQueen Husky 400 tribute (On Any Sunday) and the Bob Hannah Yamaha tribute (Felt Felt VI-400 and Felt Bolt):

Pair resized.jpg

Still looking for the Pursang...!

Bultaco.

Here is a Felt tribute to Jim Pomeroy's Bultaco, the Felt Pursang:

Bultaco Pursang.jpg

I have the Malcolm Smith/Steve McQueen Husky 400 tribute (On Any Sunday) and the Bob Hannah Yamaha tribute (Felt Felt VI-400 and Felt Bolt):

Pair resized.jpg

Still looking for the Pursang...!

man that is cool . when i was a kid . my uncle raced for bultaco and maico at different times . i wonder if he still has his leathers or jerseys ??????????????? hmmmmmmm i think a phone call is in order . that guy rules ! he took me to go see "on any sunday " in the theater when it came out . i was 5 and he took me with him . that is pretty damn cool .....

I am completely blown away... there's a BMX bike that I've never seen or even heard of... Husqvarna! And now for the irony: I started racing BMX in a Husqvarna 1976 stars and stripes jersey!

You guys rule when it comes to BMX knowledge! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

great thread !

Charley, that is the Montesa. Pretty cool bike. Would love to get my hands on one. I believe it had Pirelli tires. I seem to remember BMX Plus doing a piece on it. Could definitely be wrong about BMX Plus.

William, that Husqvarna is nuts, as are the Felt bikes.

What I had in mind when I started the thread was manufacturers of complete motorcycles that ventured into bmx frames/forks and completes. That said, I like eyeballing pretty much every old school part there is...

Thanks for posting stuff.

the husky is really a resticker dg they did up, i can't remember how many. but a small lot for husky dealers

As an aside, race car fabricators that went into BMX include GT, Profile, and Speed Unlimited (Thruster)...

Richard Vogt

bmxmountainbiker

now days AVENT makes race cars and some of the best bikes on the market

Enfield

Never heard of that 1...cool.