Sign in to follow this  
Yardsale2

Vista GTX 77 Barn find with unkown BMX

well I went out to this barn sale way out in the sticks of the mitten and both bike were hanging on hooks for the past 10-20 years I have never seen or heard of Vista BMX bikes my guess LOW END but this one has some real nice OS parts on it old dc 1000's,some nice rubber,cool gold bars(they have a crazy bend in the cross bar), Any ideas on the F/F like who made it.And the other bike is a "if I dont grab this I could hate my self"grab.All parts are crap but the frame and forks are real crazy almost tear drop tubes any ideas I almost thought TA but theres no way.Any way enjoy the pics.

barn find 001.jpg

barn find 002.jpg

barn find 007.jpg

barn find 004.jpg

barn find 006.jpg

barn find 003.jpg

barn find 005.jpg

heres the other one..Any ideas

barn find 013.jpg

barn find 014.jpg

barn find 015.jpg

barn find 016.jpg

barn find 017.jpg

barn find 018.jpg

barn find 022.jpg

well I went out to this barn sale way out in the sticks of the mitten and both bike were hanging on hooks for the past 10-20 years I have never seen or heard of Vista BMX bikes my guess LOW END but this one has some real nice OS parts on it old dc 1000's,some nice rubber,cool gold bars(they have a crazy bend in the cross bar), Any ideas on the F/F like who made it.And the other bike is a "if I dont grab this I could hate my self"grab.All parts are crap but the frame and forks are real crazy almost tear drop tubes any ideas I almost thought TA but theres no way.Any way enjoy the pics.

barn find 001.jpg

barn find 002.jpg

barn find 007.jpg

barn find 004.jpg

barn find 006.jpg

barn find 003.jpg

barn find 011.jpg

barn find 012.jpg

pretty sure the chrome one is a tange or akisu. someone here should know for sure.

pretty sure the chrome one is a tange or akisu. someone here should know for sure.

Thanks the guy said he got the frame at a yard sale many years ago seems light I will dig in to it soon see if I can find any names stamped on it

Yep looks like an Akisu made frame. Some of those parts are ok. Nice tires!

Yep looks like an Akisu made frame. Some of those parts are ok. Nice tires!

Thanks the tires are almost mint no dry rot thinking of putting them on m webco if I ever finish it :nah.I.mean:

From the Mr. Columbia webpage:
"Vista was a brand started by a group of bicycle dealers in the 1960's. The early bikes were made by Columbia. Later, Vista's were made in Japan."

I thought the chrome one was a Huffy Pro Lightning at first... then I saw the nice weld beads lol

I had an Akisu frame that is pretty much identical to that chrome one. Yeah, Vista was lower end Columbia stuff, one of my local shops BITD had them.