Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

BMX Society Swap @ Bicycle Source -- Sept 10

Whittier is just a swap meet...what will happen at The Bicycle Source is a gathering of BMX relics who will be buying and selling BMX specific 'stuff'.

I also ride road and cyclocross (well... I ride a cyclocross bike on the Fullerton loop, and a cyclocross bike with skinny tires on the road), so there might be something for me at Whitter. But right now, I am fixated on BMX so I'll certainly be hitting up The Bicycle Source as well.

Gads, and there's also a state championship race at the Orange Y to which I wanted to take the family, give them a taste of a "big" race before I get back on the track. Gonna be a busy weekend. :D

G Ryd mentioned he'd be posting this swap meat on the Museum. Could someone check, and if he didn't, please put a notice up.

By the way, I spoke to Snorton. He might be there with some stuff.

Man, I would really like to be there. You guys on the West Coast have it made. Enjoy.

GET READY

This time tomorrow we'll be there.

Come get your money...

Come get your parts...

i will see you there steve . looking forward to it .

SSCN2804.JPG

Stuff I'm bringing for sale or trade...believe it or not, this'll be the first time I've really sold any BMX stuff.

Bummed, cant make it gotta work. Anyone finds some black DXs 9/16 theres a finders fee!

Have fun fellas.

i like the heavy duty wheels spikey . see u tomorrow .

Damn I was seriously considering bombing down tonight and the Volvo started mis-firing on the drive up from seeing the folks in Monterey. Looks like I'll be trouble shooting the Volvarri in the morning instead of buying and selling BMX goodies. No luck!

See Ya All There...

3.5 miles from my pad :nah.I.mean:

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! IT'S RAINING HERE!!!!!! shit!

I am only about 2 or 3 miles from the shop and the storm just skirted me. It is supposed to stop by 9. (it actually only rained for a few minutes here in west Fullerton)

If it is raining at the shop, they will probably just move everyone inside the ramp room.

Son in law lives in Anaheim. He said it's coming down pretty good there. It's full on down pour here in HB right now. If I make it I'll be late. I don't want the stuff in my truck getting wet.

What the hell I'm on my way! HA!

How long is this supposed to go on for? I'm not gonna be able to get down there for another hour or so, probably.

Was able to grab some cool shit this morning at the swap! Good to see the guys out and having fun! We need to do it more often for sure!

DEC_2330.JPG

Nice little haul there rock.

If anyone found black 9/16" KKT Super pedals or similar I could figure out a trade that would end up stupidly in your favor....

Nice little haul there rock.

If anyone found black 9/16" KKT Super pedals or similar I could figure out a trade that would end up stupidly in your favor....

What makes them super pedals???

What makes them super pedals???

Probably something to do with KKT calling them "superstrong".

kktsupermx.JPG

Ad from '76?

I had a great time at the Source today. The 'swap meet' was just a ruse for a small get together with friends. I'm good with that. :)

"Ant" opened up a box full of stickers and decals, Rick Gaytan yells at me to "come over and check this out".

Ant gave me 2 of these.

:ThumbsUp:

scan0048 - Copy.jpg

It was cool hanging out with Reilley, Dennis Dain, Steve Brothers, Donnie, Sodbuster, T.O., Larock and everybody else. Rained a bit but it turned out to be a good day. Sold some stuff and resisted the urge to buy. Hopefully this can be a monthly thing.

Hey Seda, once I saw the picture I realized that I had gotten a pair at the L.B. swap earlier this year. They have some water damage but I don't think they have been on a bike.

SSCN2806.JPG