Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

"Random Coolness"

used to kill or subdue ghosts and other malevolent spirits

Now I know we are not trying to outdo each other, (this place is above that) and although those 'daggers' are very cool...I doubt anything could possibly be more 'random'. :)

Neat stuff there Steve.

i picked this up in japan back in the 90's. It's a VW bus record player that runs on batteries. the needle is on the bottom.you raise the antenna and place it on the beginning of a record. it drives around bumping the tunes!!

its funny, the printing on the box says...

VINYL KILLER

The Fastest Car In The World

Take Pills! Runs Fast!

(the lighter is just for scale)

IMG01434-20110904-1139.jpg

used to kill or subdue ghosts and other malevolent spirits

Now I know we are not trying to outdo each other, (this place is above that) and although those 'daggers' are very cool...I doubt anything could possibly be more 'random'. :)

Neat stuff there Steve.

well I'm not sure ghost daggers out do Vans rollerskates anyway, Dennis.

:wink:

The only random collectible photos I have on my computer are these sorts of things. I collect books too... but don't have any photos of the collection. Most of them are still in Nepal.

It is sad to say that my favorite litho was the one they put out after Chuck Jones death with all the characters paying honor to the silent microphone.

:ThumbsUp:

the microphone one was for Mel Blanc "Speechless" :teary:

these are ritual daggers used by Shamans in Nepal. They are used to kill or subdue ghosts and other malevolent spirits.

wow.. how old are those ?

pretty old... the first one is 19th c, the other 2 are early 20th c.

Patrick, does that record playing bus really work? It would be cool to see a short video in action.

I have got a few clips I will be adding to this thread of animated toys in action. I actually figured out all on my own how to download them to Photobucket. My wife was impressed. (I am pretty techologically challenged) :lol:

I am a big fan of history and my wife and I are both big into family history. (geneology) We are the most stable members in both our families with room, so we have collected lots of family antiques. An upright piano over 100 years old, a large upright Victrola with boxes of 78s, a greatgrandmothers cedar hope chest, my grandmothers china hutch...and this pocket watch...

It was my grandfathers, my dad was born in 1909, so this watch is from the late 1800s. He worked the railroad and that is a masonic symbol on the face. I can't imagine what it took to have a custom made watch built back then. As you can see, it even has his name on the dial.

Dain family watch (3) - Copy.JPG

Dain family watch (6) - Copy.JPG

Dain family watch (9) - Copy.JPG

Dain family watch (26) - Copy.JPG

Dain family watch (28) - Copy.JPG

Antique Japanese Netsuke.. hand carved ivory.. these were my Grand Mothers..

I don't know much about them.. I guess I liked them as a child so they were willed to

Me.

they are cool.

Steve Bro's .. You know any history on this kinda stuff ?

the tallest is 2" ...

Patrick, does that record playing bus really work? It would be cool to see a short video in action.

I have got a few clips I will be adding to this thread of animated toys in action. I actually figured out all on my own how to download them to Photobucket. My wife was impressed. (I am pretty techologically challenged) :lol:

here's a video i found on youtube. it's of one of the original ones (made in late 60's, i think). mine is a repop made in the mid 90's. still basically the same.... nonono.gif

Patrick, that just cracks me up!!! :ROTFLMAO:

My wife said she remembered seeing those when she lived in Japan for a couple of years in the 80s.

Sorry Sean, she did not have any info on your statues. They are cool though. I especially like that they were your grandmas. Very nice.

SSCN2472.JPG

The first platinum album I ever got. Ozzy Osbourne "Ultimate Sin" album. I got my name in the credits and I also came up with a riff that guitarist Jake E. Lee used to create "Lightning Strikes", ake gave me 1/4 of his publishing for that song.

Jake E. Lee is one of the most under-rated guitarists ever.........Most don't even know about Badlands.....Super cool of him to give you credit!

some of my cool custom knives... not as cool as Steve's ghost daggers

and one has annodized chain ring bolts :nah.I.mean:

opened the vault...added 2nd pic.. :CashMoney:

some of my cool custom knives...

I think one of those has some Red Baron blood on it.

:ROTFLMAO:

Cool knives Sean.

fikse stones.jpgiron maiden.jpgslot cars 001.jpgslot cars 002.jpgslot cars 003.jpgslot cars 004.jpgslot cars 007.jpg

I had that Johnny Player Special and The Shadow afx cars. Thanks for bringing back those memories!

yea, i dig those AFX cars. i have a bunch of cars (g-plus, etc) and stuff packed up in some boxes at my parents still. i was really into them.

Of course I am a huge toy fan, and slot cars are definitely on my toy list. I admire all the old slot cars that have been shown here, of course they are cool.

I did not keep my slot cars from my youth, probably because they were all used up. I definitely played HARD with those. I do have a fairly large amount now of the newer cars but purely for the fun of thrashing them.

BIG track - Copy.jpg

BIG intersection - Copy.jpg

I dug the AFX stuff, recognized a few cars I had.

For kicks, my cousin and I would lick our palms and put our hand down on the track. The other would have the grip, and slowly crank up the juice. It was like a test to see how long you could bear the electricity. We laughed like crazy.

I know it's nutty.

I picked up a couple of these a while back. I remember seeing them advertized when they first came out and thought it was a neat idea. I never owned any then but I do now.

They are more of a novelty than anything, The first picture gives you some scale with the HO car sitting on a piece of track next to the Micro Machines.

Micro Machimes (8) - Copy.JPG

Micro Machimes (9) - Copy.JPG

Micro Machimes (3) - Copy.JPG

Micro Machimes (4) - Copy.JPG

Netsuke are so rad. So is that record player. The Japanese always make the coolest stuff.

I've always wanted a gold record award and have been tempted to buy one on E-Bay. How cool is it you got one for a riff you helped Jake E Lee with. Yeah Badlands was an awesome band. Sawe them in a bar and Jake E tore it up. Ray Gillens voice and Eric Singer was their drummer too great lineup.

All the stuff posted is really cool.

Wow...people really have some cool stuff. I'd have expected no less from the crew here. That netsuke stuff is unreal...love the ghost knives too! That's real collector stuff...not the crap I pick up!

I collect watches. Here's my "riders"...I keep most of the good stuff in a safe-deposit box. The Gruen Curvex, the Rolex Bubble-back and an Omega Speedmaster are my favs...

IMG_0065.jpg

I've recently started collecting books. Only ones that I've read and I look for first pressings, autographs and "otherwise" cool. Here are the leather-bounds that I've got so far.

IMG_0066.jpg

Here's the "otherwise" stuff (bottom shelf is reference stuff):

IMG_0067.jpg

I've been collecting music since 1971. I don't have any good photos of my vinyl. Probably need to get some for insurance. Again, I try to get first pressings, autographed stuff, special editions, white label promo stuff, etc etc. The boxes on the floor are stuff that needs sorting. Flyers, cassettes, 8-tracks, radio shows and other misc.

IMG_0068.jpg

Miscellaneous stuff in a prototype cabinet I just brought home. I'm not really happy with it yet and still have some stuff to put in it.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Bootleg video stuff. Youtube and the Internet has really taken the fun (or added to it!) out of this kind of thing.

IMG_0077.jpg

Vintage electronics in the attic.

IMG_0075.jpg

I never wore this jacket like this but I was going to throw it away and I thought it might be a decent display for the various badges I've picked up through the years.

IMG_0078.jpg

SSCN0728.JPG

I collect Vietnam era Navy SEAL and Underwater Demolition items and these watches are the ones that were used by both units during the war.

Top 2 are Benrus Type 1 watches

L-R Rolex Tudor 7016 rose dial, Rolex Tudor 7928, Zodiac Seawolf with metal band that were made in Olongapo Philippines, commonly called Olongapo bracelets, Rolex Tudor 7016 snowflake dial, Rolex Submariner 5513(no band) and the last 2 are Zodiac Seawolf.

The shirt is part of my collection of Navy SEAL items.