Sign in to follow this  
nycet3

refinished, ugly & clown bikes: your least favorite

it's his bike...

rainbowjmc.jpg

...he can do what he wants

That can't possibly be real, can it??? I mean, even the kid with the WORST taste in the world wouldn't do that with a bike in the real world, right? Am I right?!? Please tell me it's Photoshopped...

:hurl:

Richard Vogt

bmxthinkimgonnabesickmountainbiker

P.S. That wasn't THE hand-lettered team frame, was it??? :blink:

Another criminal.

a bmxmuseum member, possibly

Rick-Dale-bio-pic-1.jpg

you got that right . i have seen that dude butcher more antiques than i care to remember . painting old signage that was originally porcelain enamel finished . and he uses regular automotive paint . dumbass ! plus he ruins the natural patina etc .. argh . now i am angry !

Another criminal.

a bmxmuseum member, possibly

Rick-Dale-bio-pic-1.jpg

you got that right . i have seen that dude butcher more antiques than i care to remember . painting old signage that was originally porcelain enamel finished . and he uses regular automotive paint . dumbass ! plus he ruins the natural patina etc .. argh . now i am angry !

Who is he?

that would be Rick Dale of American restorations. He has his own show, but the fat men of Pawn Stars pay him to ruin everything they bring him.

I never saw it refinished, but I sold this super-rare, 1978, OG, Buttermilk Jag frame and it ended up being stripped and nickel plated. I understand the new owner was even bummed he did it. I loved this thing. It just didn't fit in my collection, although I tried.

Picture 1.png

I want to throw up every time I see this bike. It was perfect and original. Now it is gone forever!

wow! that jmc is really something.

it's his bike...

rainbowjmc.jpg

ummmmmmm ...

partridge.jpg

There was a Redline frame found in an old bike shop in my home town - it had different geometry and had a goldish/brass plate on it, turns out it was a Sales award and there were none ever built with that geometry or that finish.

It got stripped and replated.

I honestly nearly cried.

That would be this POS. Fuckin horrible..

S7301524.jpg

That guy has some form with "interesting" coloured bikes - but they love them on the museum

I never saw it refinished, but I sold this super-rare, 1978, OG, Buttermilk Jag frame and it ended up being stripped and nickel plated. I understand the new owner was even bummed he did it. I loved this thing. It just didn't fit in my collection, although I tried.

Picture 1.png

Did that one end up in Australia??????

There was a Redline frame found in an old bike shop in my home town - it had different geometry and had a goldish/brass plate on it, turns out it was a Sales award and there were none ever built with that geometry or that finish.

It got stripped and replated.

I honestly nearly cried.

That would be this POS. Fuckin horrible..

S7301524.jpg

Appropriate sign in the background...

As bad as that JMC is and GOD it's horrible, the Redline makes me want to vomit! Please tell me that is not the sales contest bike, or at least once was.

it's his bike...

rainbowjmc.jpg

That is a Cosby Sweater!

...... A Coooooosby Sweatahhh!

20045s0.jpg

As bad as that JMC is and GOD it's horrible, the Redline makes me want to vomit! Please tell me that is not the sales contest bike, or at least once was.

That's the one.

Your Thoughts.

31b1fd00.jpg

Wasn't there a bright purple bike (Trick Star maybe) about 2 years ago that set peoples hair on fire?

Here ya go...

burple.jpg

$500 paint job and $5 tires.

Some pretty ugly horses in this race, but that Skyway had me laughing out loud for real.

It looks like a bag of Fritos, or French's Mustard.

I was going to post the yellow Skyway myself. The sad thing once it is built it's going to only look WAY worse if the owner goes with blue or red mags as planned.

Scott - is that the one that was deleted from first post of that thread (yes, I was gawking at the car wreck that is another site)? If so, sounds like paint might not be the only issue there.

I was going to post the yellow Skyway myself. The sad thing once it is built it's going to only look WAY worse if the owner goes with blue or red mags as planned.

I'm the one who suggested blue mags, because I know he is a Michigan fan. :)

That being said, that frame was pretty rough to begin with. Jeff has been around for a long time, and wanted to try something different. Not really my cup of tea, but I wouldn't necessarily lump him in with some of the others in this thread.

Doug