Sign in to follow this  
Hercules

My NOS 1982 Torker Mini known as The Jason Jensen Mini :)

This frameset i love! Pics say it all. NOS 1982 Torker Mini. This is the frame that the ever popular Jason Jensen made so famous. This is a keeper in every meaning of the word but i am flattered by Torker collectors around the globe who would love to have it in there collection OSThumbsUpPeace[1].gif

IMG_1378.jpg

That would have been a great little frame for a younster bitd..

Sure would have Matt! Unfortunately for the kiddies, they will never see this frame built 36_2_25[1].gif

The bike shop I worked at never sold the JJ mini in chrome and when they went out of business I picked it up 1990.

Should have documented my Jason Jensen replica build in 2003 better but didn't as it was the second bike I began to build after moving all my inventory from my Mom's house to mine.

Hated to de-chrome it but the bike has been traveled all over the US and ultimately reunited with Jason this Summer.

2006 Jeff Tollefson 81 Jason Jensen Replica2_.jpg

2011 BS Eddy King Jason Jensen JTFreestyle.jpg

Glad to see another NOS JJ out there!

Jeff, I've always loved that build, true replica, great to see pics of it again especially with Jason

Hated to de-chrome it but the bike has been traveled all over the US and ultimately reunited with Jason this Summer.

Glad to see another NOS JJ out there!

Jeff, I have been a big fan of your bikes since I first started getting into OSBMX. Especially the JJ replica. It's one of the greatest builds ever except for one thing...

VERY surprised to hear YOU, of all people, stripped and refinished a NOS frame. BTW, Hercules frame is NOS. Yours is simply refinished. Nothing NOS about it. You have a great reputation and are a famous collector. Please explain why you made this decision.

Jeff, was the chrome on your frame damaged hence you refinishing it? Are there many of these sick little frames around? Any in NOS, anywhere in the U.S.A?

When selling Torkers I only seen chrome JJ's. When the 1981 issue came out with JJ's custom mini I was blown away!

Fast forward to 2003 where I decided to start building all the inventory I accumulated since 1974. The first bike I built was my '74 Redline then JJ's.

It took three years to find the Shimano Hubs and in that three years or prior never seen a black JJ frame and fork, only 20 and cruisers. To get the exact replica I made a hard decision to take a NOS frame and refinish it to black as the availability of a JJ F/F at that time just wasn't there.

Another tough decision was to refinish Dennis Dain's 1978 Cook Bros., again had to de-nickel which was tough but thought everyone (especially Dennis) enjoyed it.

Up until you posted your NOS chrome JJ I have not seen another NOS one. Always a pleasure to see NOS Torker items!

P.S.

I don't recall ever stating my JJ F/F are NOS and in the database states Refinished

What ever happened to this frame? Do you still have it?  Longshot but had to dig into the archives to try and find my first bike. Please help lol,you can reach me at gn7891@gmail.com or (727)-967-0199 Thanks Jason