Sign in to follow this  
dboone480

Big funky bars (not the kind you drink in)

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me figure out what kind of bars these are. I got them and they were so covered in spray paint, I couldn't even see the welds. I removed most of the paint and the welds are pretty good. They measure 26 inches wide and have a 10 inch (approximate) rise. As you can see, the crossbar is pretty high and they have knurling for a double clamp stem. Also, there are two holes on the underside of the crossbar next to the welds.

Thanks!

Boone

photo.JPG

photo (1).JPG

photo (2).JPG

photo (3).JPG

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me figure out what kind of bars these are. I got them and they were so covered in spray paint, I couldn't even see the welds. I removed most of the paint and the welds are pretty good. They measure 26 inches wide and have a 10 inch (approximate) rise. As you can see, the crossbar is pretty high and they have knurling for a double clamp stem. Also, there are two holes on the underside of the crossbar next to the welds.

Thanks!

Boone

photo.JPG

photo (1).JPG

photo (2).JPG

photo (3).JPG

I think DAN has a set like this, maybe he will know. Don't look like Wald, the high cross should make them easier for someone to identify.

70s Mongoose or 80s? I kinda thought 80s Mongoose for a minute, but I have a set of those and the crossbar is even higher - like almost to the top.

Lots of late 80's scooters came with bars like that.

.... gunky welds, all different kinds of knurl patterns too.

I think General, Kent, and even some of the first Mongoose scooters had similar , if not the same bars.

I'll try to dig up a pic.

CurbMasterhomer14copy.jpg

url.jpg

Lots of late 80's scooters came with bars like that.

.... gunky welds, all different kinds of knurl patterns too.

I think General, Kent, and even some of the first Mongoose scooters had similar , if not the same bars.

I'll try to dig up a pic.

Hmmm, that pink and white General Scoot sure looks familiar :)

If they're Mongoose, then they're late 80's Mongoose, definitely not late 70's or early 80's or they're for a Scooter like mentioned above.