Sign in to follow this  
vintage chromoly

cycle pro foiler

hello all.

the fmf thread got me thinking about this cool old cycle pro foiler i dug out of a bike shop in hilo hawaii four years ago.

i've had it stashed and occationally i think about what to do with it. it has a bit of sentimental value as the wife and i found it on vacation and it was a cool experience.

my dilemma is this.....the frame is pretty far outside my "wheelhouse" as far as bmx goes and i'm not even sure what would be correct in putting it together. i believe it to be a 1977 model by the welded tube behind the bottom bracket.cycle pro 001.JPGcycle pro 002.JPGcycle pro 003.JPGcycle pro 004.JPGcycle pro 010.JPG

part of me thinks of trading it for a later piece of bmx gear and then i look at it and i see it for its "roots" type beauty.

thoughts?

here's a few pics

make a round top tube PK out of it :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

that thing is cool as hell ! i have one and love it . but if it is not what you are really into . i say sell or trade it off to someone who will do it up .

always a big help keith! :Special Salute:

there`s a store on Ebay that has all the parts that you need to build that thing up sweet :nah.I.mean:

there`s a store on Ebay that has all the parts that you need to build that thing up sweet :nah.I.mean:

right after i send it off to chip for a super thick coat of pink powder. :hurl:

right after i send it off to chip for a super thick coat of pink powder. :hurl:

comedy.gif

Super sweet frame!!!!! Yes. 1977 was the only year for the Race Inc built Cycle Pro frames. Do a little research and build it 1977. If not, then you cant ever go wrong with all Hutch parts :nah.I.mean:

Sweet frame and in great shape too! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

I bet it would make a pretty wind chime! :Cool_LikeThat:

Here is a shot of mine :) survivor welded in a few places and repainted

000_0016.JPG

and here is mine . same color as the one i had as a kid that got stolen . and soon after that was found broken . Emoticon_frustrated.gif

foilerframe.jpg

Id be MOOOOORE then happy to buy this frame, and build it era correct, with all original anno parts. And keep it. But, I dont think I would use Hutch parts? That must have been a typo, or pun....

Its called Sarcasm Bud. Hutch was 80s stuff. Something the guys at the Museum would do.

yeah lovely frame, if you aren't to into it pass it on cause that's one lovely peice of BMX history.

Hey send it my way! I'll dig deep into the parts stash to build it up. Just off the top of my head I think I'm only missing the chain, pedals and inner tubes to put it together. smile.gif

after much thought i've decided to trade the frame to someone that appreciates that era more than i do. i will also sell it outright so if anybody is interested in trading for it or buying it shoot me a pm.

my only requirement is that it goes to a good home and is not refinished as it absolutely does not need it.

thanks, rob. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

the foiler has moved on to a good home where it will be well cared for and appreciated.

i've been walking by it for years now and it was time to let it go to someone who will build it up and enjoy it.

have a good night all.

later, rob. :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

On 1/31/2012 at 4:28 PM, vintage chromoly said:

hello all.

the fmf thread got me thinking about this cool old cycle pro foiler i dug out of a bike shop in hilo hawaii four years ago.

i've had it stashed and occationally i think about what to do with it. it has a bit of sentimental value as the wife and i found it on vacation and it was a cool experience.

my dilemma is this.....the frame is pretty far outside my "wheelhouse" as far as bmx goes and i'm not even sure what would be correct in putting it together. i believe it to be a 1977 model by the welded tube behind the bottom bracket.cycle pro 001.JPGcycle pro 002.JPGcycle pro 003.JPGcycle pro 004.JPGcycle pro 010.JPG

part of me thinks of trading it for a later piece of bmx gear and then i look at it and i see it for its "roots" type beauty.

thoughts?

here's a few pics

On 2/14/2021 at 1:28 AM, Jhbates13 said:

Um you dug up a nine year old thread and quoted the og poster and said nothing. What am I missing here?