Sign in to follow this  
rankinken

77 Hank & Frank Force 1

Although I have not had a new build in some time, I was lucky enough to get my hands on this Frame & Fork. I posted the find some time back and was was able to aquire it from a Buddy who found it in a drainage ditch! Most of the parts were newer Mongoose stuff, so all that went away and I was able to bring er' back. It's great to see it back to what it should be. Hope you guys dig it!

Parts List:

Hank & Frank Frame OG Nickel w/ New Stickers

Moto Pro Duel Dropout Forks

Redline V Bars

Grab On Grips

Tuf Neck (unstamped)

Dia Compe Brakes and Lever

Takagi Spider and Sugino Chainring

ODI Snake Belly Tires

Araya 7C Rims with Sunshine Hubs

Kashimax Seat

CIMG0909.JPG

CIMG0910.JPG

CIMG0911.JPG

CIMG0912.JPG

CIMG0913.JPG

CIMG0914.JPG

cool...I love Nickle frame sets.

Nice build. Oh FYI I have done some research on moto-pro vs. speedo forks. If the forks have welded ends at the bottoms they are first gen. speedo. If they have plastic caps they are they are moto-pro. If they have alloy push in caps they are moto-pro. I found this info from a Torker test from 1977. They equipped the Torker with first gen speedos. Your forks look alot like my first gen speedos I used to have.

Cool Build!

Without trying to hijack the thread, could anyone tell me the differences between a Force 1 and a Force 2 Frame?

I like that. Crazy to think it was saved from drainage ditch oblivion, and now looks that good!

:cheers:

Nice build. Oh FYI I have done some research on moto-pro vs. speedo forks. If the forks have welded ends at the bottoms they are first gen. speedo. If they have plastic caps they are they are moto-pro. If they have alloy push in caps they are moto-pro. I found this info from a Torker test from 1977. They equipped the Torker with first gen speedos. Your forks look alot like my first gen speedos I used to have.

Very Cool! Thanks for the info. Mine have the aluminum push in caps, so I am sure they are motopro now! :OSThumbsUpPeace[1]:

Cool Build!

Without trying to hijack the thread, could anyone tell me the differences between a Force 1 and a Force 2 Frame?

The bb is thinner walled on the Force 1's and they use to break. They made the bb thicker on the Force 2's. Not sure on what else is differentthe bb brace was also removed on he Force 2's.

Cool Build!

From what I understand the Force 1 has the small gusset behind the botton bracket shell and 2 did not.

Thanks to everyone for the cool words on the build. :cheers:

You found that frame and fork in a drainage ditch? It looks brand new. Great job getting back on the road, it's a beauty!

Nice build. Killer choice of parts too 36_2_25[1].gif

Thanks Aggy! Hope to see ya at the next Bellflower gig!

I used to race two of the Hank & Frank team racers

Roy David and Jon Andeson (Denis Dain's brother in law. Later a Red Line factory rider)

Crazy Ronie Anderson was sponsored by them too in 1979.

I used to race two of the Hank & Frank team racers

Roy David and Jon Andeson (Denis Dain's brother in law. Later a Red Line factory rider)

Crazy Ronie Anderson was sponsored by them too in 1979.

Cool Info! I remember Jon and Ronnie, but did not know that they raced for Hank and Frank. Jon and I raced the same class and would race every so often up in Central Ca. and Ronnie would come down to race in Merced and Atwater once a while. The frames are cool and I guess rare due to them breaking often. I can only imagine that Ronnie went through a few of these!

Ronnie in a Hank and Frank Jersey. Jon Anderson, Ronnie Anderson, Joe Stam, and Ritchie Anderson. 1980 or prior. (Borrowed the pic from my other friend Roger.)

250655_2007100930065_1019934685_32308612_5514227_n.jpg

Nice build. Love those frames. Looks amazing, considering where it came from. Good job.

andy, that picture is sick!!!

nice bike cal10

to know it was was a ditch find is amazing.