Sign in to follow this  
Joe Buffardi

STR-1 Original finish saved update!!!!!

Well after hours of welding and sanding in tight spaces, masking, and hours of color matching here she is. Original candy blue finish STR-1 she has been saved, AMEN. I found that there is a silver base under the blue which makes it pop. Hope you all dig it. I get home late so I will take some in the sunlight too. The flash sucks ass.

Before and After.

IMG_8310.JPG

IMG_8316.JPG

IMG_8321.JPG

IMG_8320.JPG

IMG_8323.JPG

IMG_8322.JPG

IMG_8325.JPG

wow, nice. I want!!

Bet they are expensive!!

Edited by ToddH

looks great Joe . I too wish more guys went this route . I do when i can for sure .super stoked that this was the first thread i saw after being out of commission all last week and weekend .

Great save Joe!!! Love the work you did to save it!

Well done mate, some guys might have taken the easy route but you put in the hard yards and the results speak for themselves

Nice skills, Joe. Are you a fabricator? Impressive paint match also. Did you use an airbrush?

I am a fabricator by hobby, I used a sata touch up gun. If you ever want a good touch up gun buy a sata. I used to build vintage car parts from factory photographs. If I wanted something that I couldn't afford I just made it.

Looks great!

Nice work. What were the issues with the frame originally? (Sorry if I missed a prior thread).

EDIT.

Never mind - just found it :)

LINK

I am a fabricator by hobby, I used a sata touch up gun. If you ever want a good touch up gun buy a sata. I used to build vintage car parts from factory photographs. If I wanted something that I couldn't afford I just made it.

I just bought a Finex detail gun to do base. For clear, I am either going to get a Sata Mini-Jet or Devilbiss SRI Pro. Both look amazing.

yep . Satas rule ! that is all i use . full size and touch up guns .

Looks great, man. Really nicely done.

"this is how it should be done..."1055.gif

amazing save joe!!! 15_8_200v[1].gif