Sign in to follow this  
S.Brothers

The BMX Society Reunion & Show 2012

Thanks to you and everyone involved for setting up this event. I look forward to this every year!

I passed your info along and also suggest to Vassar, who is leading the LA Beach Ride movement over at the museum that he set up an offical date for that Friday night.

I am getting excited for this years show. Just registered, now I better build some bikes :)

I had a couple questions:

How early will we be able to get in for setup?

What will the car situation be like? Will we be able to park our cars in our spots for the duration of the show?

Some time between 8 and 8:30 set up will begin for our event. 8 ish.

So psyched!

I worked it out - and I'm going to be there again.

Can't wait!

Glad you can make it after all, Matt.

All registered :0

No bike to show :(, but had to get me a Tshirt for sure!

Thanks Sbrothers!!

Just registered. Is the event going to be with-in the confines of the BMX area or in the adjacent park?

both

5_1_116.gif

Steve, will we be able to park in our display areas like Bellflower, or do we have to unload and carry?

There will be some carrying... but depending on when you get there, it could be very little, or bit more... shouldn't be too bad at all though.

might as well... I don't think it will be as long as you walked at Bellflower, unless you were on the lawn there... there will be some people who can park pretty much infront of their spot. There's a row of parking spots that abut the grass.

Looking forward to all the chrome candy and deep anno! Dusting em off and breaking em out of the stable for a full day of OLD SCHOOL BMX!!!!

Morning Registration Bump...

I'm putting in the shirt order soon. Secure yours today!

Registartion complete! Really looking forward to this event this year! Been so busy, haven't seen ANYBODY since last year! See ya soon fellas!!

Yep.... 11 days

Just a note that smoking AND drinking are banned in the park. Yes, you read that right... cigarettes are banned in the Whittier Narrows Park.

Welcome to California. ;)

Also please note that the park is under Federal jurisdiction. No kidding. So... the usual state/city leniency for your prescription hemp may not fly.

I Just discovered this forum, it weird, I never knew there was/is a track in Whittier narrows, even though, I've been working in the area building Electrical towers for Ten months. I raced Azuza, Montclair(Hometown) and Pipeline for a few years when I was young, I'm 36 now, and becuase of this forum, all day today my sons(8&3) and I tore apart my mountain bike thats been sitting for two years outside and cleaned it piece by piece, along with my kid's bikes! Tomorrow we will go to the shed at my parent's house and see what condition my old CW Z2000 is in, its been there for 25 years or so, along with my bro's Quadangle frame, and California freestyle frame, along with some old schwinn ten speeds! I want to come to the gathering, but I will be driving to Vegas to put my family on a plane to Germany for the summer, but I look foreward to hanging out here, and getting back involved, because My sons love bikes!

Don't forget...

AFTER PARTY at THE BICYCLE SOURCE, where shit pops off hard!!!

iA9pXXaTUzmWg.gif

Is she going to be there?

(sadly, still questionable on showing up)

There is a $6 parking fee to enter the park. Please be advised.

(sadly, still questionable on showing up)

Ditto,

We had an unexpected date change for my Niece's Quincenera. Church in the morning, pictures right after then its on to the reception. I was planning on stopping by in intervals but I had an unexpected accident a few days ago. Slipped coming out of the shower, busted my inner lip (2 stitches) and lost a few front teeth for my troubles.

I cant get any worse right laugh.gif